We have to discuss this

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, Jan 24, 2008.

1. rashomon

rashomon Member

Yeah, VERY. That guy must have been flat as a flounder if he fit under that bed. :D

2. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I can understand there not being a door since the bedroom was all that was on that floor, other than the bathroom and the little office in between...they probably designed it to be more like a loft/living area.

As far as the scream goes, it doesn't help prove their theory about not hearing anything when the room was wide open to the stairwell, does it?

3. AMES

AMES Member

That makes sense, if it had of been designed to be more like a loft or something, then of course there would be no door.

NOPE...as far as it doing nothing to help prove their theory...not at all. I would imagine that a scream would actually have echoed up the stairs and into their room/loft/living area...whatever the heck it was.

4. Elle

Elle Member

Plus, he wore a Harry Potter invisible cloak.:)

5. AMES

AMES Member

And a beekeeper's outfit, complete with gloves, helmet and mask. He did this to avoid leaving any of his fibers or DNA lying around.

6. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I remember three things about that hemp rope. One is that it was found in a paper bag in JAR's room. Another is that PR spoke to LE about decorating her whole house for the Colorado Christmas house tour. She said that she had put up trees in nearly every room, including bedrooms, and decorated them with themes personal to the inhabitant. I recall her saying that JAR's tree was done with a "cowboy" theme- with little boots, hats and rope used as a garland. .
    There is also a photo that I am sure most of you have seen, of a sweet-looking JBR with braids in a "country-girl" outfit, with an identical hemp rope twined around at her legs.
    That rope belonged to the house.
    But IDI's would have you add it to the list of things the "intruder" brought in with him- the pineapple, bowl, rope, cord, tape, box of kleenex, flashlight, etc.

7. AMES

AMES Member

Hi DeeDee...glad to see you here. I can't wait until you bring all of your knowledge about this case, over here to FFJ.

8. Elle

Elle Member

Hello DeeDee. Yes, I've seen this photo you're talking about, and you're right, that rope belonged to the house. Nice to have you over here.

9. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Hi DeeDee

Welcome to FFJ DeeDee....

Yep, that is quite a Santa Sack of items that the skinny little hairless wonder of an intruder had slung on his back as he slid flawless over the basement window ledge never touching the dust and leaves and never even disturbing the spider webs with he and sack of goodies....

I am wondering where you got the information about JAR's Christmas tree (or at least the one that was in his room) having rope as a western cowboy tree decoration? As long as I have followed this case, somehow I missed out on that seemingly important clue! Thanks for bringing it here...

Voyager

10. Elle

Elle Member

The source I have, Voyager, is in "The Death of Innocence" HB page Page 92-93 Chapter 10 - CHRISTMAS PAST

Patsy talks about decorating each of their bedrooms with a small tree.

No mention of rope here. Was Patsy being extra cautious? Cowboys and ropes go together, don't they?

11. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Welcome, DeeDee.

[See the first page of this thread for picture of "bag of rope" to accompany the following info.]

One thing: the rope in JAR's room was apparently not found in a paper bag, but in a duffle bag. Unless the picture we have of that bag at the foot of JAR's bed was staged by "someone" for the tabs, and unless Smit and LE didn't even know the evidence they had collected themselves by 1998, that's one of the facts presented to Judge Carnes that was wrong, also thanks to Lou Smit.

The paper bag eventually associated with the rope came from LE, according to the interview transcripts of John and Smit in '98, I believe it is, which has them discussing that very photo of the paper bag with the rope from JAR's room in it. They clearly state the paper bag was LE's, used to bag the rope, like other evidence gets bagged in crime scene evidence collection, I presume.

The rope actually was found at the foot of JAR's bed in a black, duffle type bag. Also, Michael Kane addressed this on one of the news shows, saying it was a black, duffle type bag, as well.

The "intruder paper bag" is just another Smit fallacy, which unfortunately was never refuted by anyone in the Wolf depositions and never went to trial, thanks to Judge Carnes, who dismissed the suit before trial based on...you guessed it...the depositions. So the "paper bag" fantasy was never tested in court and Judge Carnes used the "paper bag fiber" alleged to have come from JonBenet's bed as evidence of the intruder who "brought the paper bag of rope" with him. Carnes also cited "paper bag fibers" found in the body bag and therefore linked to that "bag of rope brought in by the intruder" as supportive of the intruder theory; too bad she never was presented with the autopsy report or read it carefully, as it states PAPER BAGS FROM THE HANDS AND FEET were turned in by the medical examiner as evidence. It's standard protocol to bag the hands and feet of victims with paper bags to keep from losing evidence when the body is moved. Paper bags work better than plastic because they don't cause moisture issues. We also can see JonBenet's hands bagged in a crime scene picture from the home.

Anyhow...just FYI. The amount of MISINFORMATION spread by Lou Smit and the RST is something they should be ashamed of, but they're proud of it and keep it going because it's all they have to prove that old intruder was there: lies, red herrings, and flat out ignorance. Judge Carnes was a watershed of DISINFORMATION for them.

12. Elle

Elle Member

Thanks KK for this refresher.

13. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Thanks for the welcome. I hope I will be an asset to this board.
    I have been studying this case for a few years- read most of the books about the case- ST's, PMPT, books by Spitzer, Lee, and Wecht. ALL of acandyrose, and nearly every thread on Websleuths. I lurked and read for a long time to gain as much information as possible.
    I did not read DOI, but I have followed so many links online about this case that the comment about PR and the decorated trees (especially JAR's) that it could have been an excerpt from there. I recall reading an interview that PR gave (possibly for a magazine) and this was just before JBR's death. She was being asked about preparations for the Colorado Christmas house tour, and she was describing all the decorated trees she was placing through the home. She mentioned decorating trees in every bedroom, and mentioned JAR's specifically as having a cowboy theme, with little boots, hats and saddles ornaments and rope garland. She may have described the rope as a lasso or lariat.

14. koldkase

Bump for viewing for a topix discussion on the paper bags.

15. rashomon

rashomon Member

Judge Carnes:

"A rope was found inside a brown paper sack in the guest bedroom of defendants' home, neither of which belonged to defendants.(SMF 181; PSMF 181.) Small pieces of the brown sack material were found in the "vacuuming" of JonBenet's bed and in the body bag that was used to transport her body."

When discussing the picture of the rope in the bag, Lou Smit verbatim said that the "brown paper sack" was an LE evidence bag:

But Judge Carnes makes it appear as if the intruder brought the rope in a brown paper bag with him. Who could have suggested this to her?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  16. koldkase

The Tracey crocs and/or Smit have dispensed the DISINFORMATION about "paper bag of rope" the intruder brought into the home, I believe.

That's how Carnes got the WRONG idea, IMO: straight from Smit in his depo.

17. koldkase

I guess this is as good a place to put this as any. Just found this article about Dr. Wecht's trial for various crimes against the state...heh. Nothing like child murder, of course, but they're going to RETRY him after the hury was hung on ALL CHARGES against him. Too bad JonBenet, who is mentioned as per usual, never had such zealous prosecutors....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080408...ogist_trial;_ylt=ApkvS3QCaKvVVM7kH7d8K31H2ocA

18. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

None of what he is accused of rises to the level of what they are spending from taxpayer dollars. AND...they are going to REtry him?

Talk about malicious!!!!

He must have really :(:(:(:(ed someone off in a high place.

You are right; JBR never got the attention that this stupid case did

Shameful

19. koldkase

Yeah, my thoughts exactly, Barbara. That's the price of fame and fortune: you make enemies. I imagine, considering how vocal Wecht is about forensic evidence some powerful people would just as soon he didn't discuss honestly, he's made plenty of enemies in high places.

God go with you, Dr. Wecht. I don't always agree with him a hundred percent, but he is always honest about his opinion. For example, he worked for Mark Garagos/Scott Peterson, but they didn't call him to testify on the stand. Wecht spoke on TV at the time about the evidence he was hired to evaluate, and what he more or less would have said on the stand was "It could have been X, but it could have been Y, as well." He just couldn't paint the picture the defense wanted him to. I have to give him credit where credit is due.

I will say this: if this prosecutor is going to start prosecuting everyone for using the government's time and resources for every personal fax, phone call, etc., he's going to be bogged down in this "white collar crime wave" that will cost millions. And for what? The cost the "crimes" incurred for the state are not even comparable. How many employees have used a fax or phone on the job for personal reasons at one point or the other? If he's going after this, the prosecutor is going to be buried for the rest of his professional life, and the hard core criminals will be very happy to hear it.

I wonder if anyone has checked on the prosecutor's phone records and faxes?

20. Little

Little Member

OMG, what if he forgot to take a paper clip off at the office rather than at home!!! These bozos would have gone for the DP. IMO this is just purely a personal vendetta.

This is just absolutely one of the biggest wastes of taxpayer money that good old PA has presented to us in a long time. It's shameful.

Little

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice