Well said Alan Prendergast - New article in Westword

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Paradox, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

i can access the pages fine from here... Jayelles...a couple more shillings in the meter gal !! lol

very interesting..

2. Elle

Elle Member

Jay, I tried to open it and a page came up asking me to report bugs to the website, and I clicked it on agan, and it wouldn't open. I have had pc probems today, and I blame the latest windows XP update. I couldn't open FFJ tonight (still Thursday here 11:46 PM). I managed to repair the update, and tried FFJ about half an hour ago and it opened.

Thanks to RiverRat, I'll read the Westword article tomorrow.

Goodnight y'all!

3. tylin

tylin Banned

Give the man a medal!!! :star3d: :bowdown: :toast: :gavel: :martini:
    May everyone, especially those in Boulder, read his column.

:jumpie:

4. tylin

tylin Banned

Elle,
    I've had the same problem! :steamed:
    I downloaded the lastest XP update and my computer has been screwed up all day. grrrrrrrrrr I don't think that's a coincidence, do you?

5. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

hint..
    just open browser...go to www.westword.com and follow prompts to article.. it just might work folks :)))

6. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I tried that. It just goes to page unavailable.

7. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

8. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Thanks Sabrina, enjoyed that. Prendergast is such a good writer.

9. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Alan Prendergast tells the truth and tells it well. The man is a natural-born writer who actually does research and doesn't use readily available spin like other lazy media we know. Keep your eye on him. I predict that one day he will win a Pulitzer, and I cannot think of a person, or reporter, who deserves it more than Alan.

10. wombat

wombat Member

I like your recap of the recap.

I don't think too much money actually changed hands though; it was more like threats that everyone involved in prosecuting the Ramseys would be dirt in Colorado business and politics forever. No cushy jobs when leaving the DA's office, no more real estate deals with private partners, no political career. I think it was like "Bonfire of the Vanities".

The exception of course being Dr. Michael Tracey, who has been getting paid for ten long years. You'd think his situation would look better with all that Ramsey/CBS/ITN cash - teeth fixed, a little Botox, better wardrobe. Oh well guess he spends it on something else!

11. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Right on, Wombat

The comparison to "Bonfire of the Vanities" is perfect. I finally got around to reading "Bonfire" just last month. The Ramsey case similarities kept running through my head. The incestuous political relationships, the laziness of some investigators, the pressure from certain groups, etc.

And that despicable assistant prosecutor who was always trying to get the pretty girls to look at him by flexing his neck muscles!!! Just like Old Alex trying to get women in his hot tub.

12. wombat

wombat Member

Yeah, Bonfire is a great book. The movie was horrible though.

One of the cool things about Bonfire is that some of the people the characters were based on are still at it - Rev. Al Sharpton, Racehorse Eddie Hayes - 20 years after. A sad analogy to the Ramsey case, where some of the same people are still at it - the LaceyTracys, John Ramsey, Beckner.

13. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

You'll never work in this town again.

14. Elle

Elle Member

I saw this movie years ago Wombat, with Melanie Griffith. I would need to see it again. Have forgotten what it was all about. Don't think I liked it much back then.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice