Westword: Michael Tracey - How the Ramsey-obsessed professor found his latest patsy

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Cherokee, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

I didn't do it because complaints are published on Ofcom's website and include the name of the person making the complaint. My privacy is more important to me than Michael Tracey.

In light of DAvid Mill's comments in the Westword article, I really think Gigax should make a formal complaint to Ofcom. The documentary has been screened more than once here and as long as no-one complains, ITV/Channel 4 will continue to purchase these documentaries and the British public will continue to be misled (sp?). If Gigax were to complain, Ofcom would definitely investigate (they are obliged to) and a full report would be published. It's possible that ITV might even be compelled to run a short broadcast explaining the findings of Ofcom. The fact that David Mills admits that it was the most embarassing error would add strength to Gigax's complaint. I recall a previous case where a documentary was misleading and badly/fraudulently researched. The makers of the documentary were heavily fined and none of the tv stations would touch them with a bargepole after that. I forget the name of the production company, but I've posted about them before.

Gigax may not get much satisfaction in the US, but if he complained to Ofcom, they would definitely listen to him and investigate - they are bound to by law. I've said all this before but to no avail. As the injured party, Gigax is the best person to complain.

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

This really is a great article. The reporter is an excellent writer. I usually get bored reading articles this long unless the writer is skilled. My only complaint here is that I wanted him to continue. I was actually disappointed when I got to the end. Not because what he reported wasn't superbly done, but because he could have said even more, as we all know.

Tricia, I hope you are now ready to accept credit where credit is due. Take a deep breath. Relax. Bask.

ALL HAIL GUTTAH GODDESS​

:rrcrown: :rrcrown: :rrcrown: ​

TRICIA​

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: ​

3. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

Don't forget to email a copy to Tracey, he'll want a copy for his scrapbook.

Oh, and I'm sure the nice folks who run the college where Tracey works will also want a copy to put in his personell file! :devil:

4. Elle

Elle Member

Unfortunately, Steve Gigax wasn't well at all when he was on TV the last time I saw him. I don't think he's fit enough to take this on, Jay, but I do understand your situation. and do think it would be good For Gigax to get in touch with OFcom himself. Someone would need to inform him and let him know about Ofcom. Since Tricia was the one who got in touch with him before, to let him know he was being accused by Michael Tracey, maybe she should be the one who should let him know (?).

If you're reading this post, Tricia. Any thoughts on this? If you're busy right now, I can help you out with this. Just say the word.

5. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

Here are the Boyles-Prendergast-Tricia audio files from today's 7am and 8am segments. These files are dumbed-down from the original 64 megs so that dialup users can listen.

This set is degraded in audio quality to make them as small as possible. They are about 2 megs each:

7am
    http://dimwit.byethost5.com/boyles1012067amsm.mp3

8am
    http://dimwit.byethost5.com/boyles1012068amsm.mp3

This set is much better quality, but the files are twice the size (about 4 megs each):
    7am
    http://dimwit.byethost5.com/boyles1012067am.mp3

8am
    http://dimwit.byethost5.com/boyles1012068am.mp3

I will post these in the permanent Audio-Video thread as well.

Sorry for this being so late. We had a several hour power outage following high winds and, believe it or not, a SNOW SQUALL!!!

Enjoy ... this is great stuff!

...YumYum

6. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Thanks, Yummie...

...for doing this. I don't have time tonight to catch up on all these programs, but thanks to you, I can do so at my leisure.

You are a gem. :star:

7. koldkase

Yes, Yummie, this is why we can't do without you! You're invaluable! Thanks, and thanks again.

8. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

OMG The last question Boyles I asked me I had no idea what he was asking.

Picture this. I was in the car with my elderly father and my 10 year old while talking to Boyles. All of a sudden my dad starts waving his arms. My first thought is, "What the hell?? Is this some sort of boat safety demonstration?"

My son starts asking Grandpa if he is ok...Arms waving..kid yelling.. and all I hear Boyles say is..."tell us about Channel 7 Tricia''

:chicken: :cow: :balloon:

Within a split second I realize my father is not practicing boat safety but is pointing out a piece of property he says he should have purchased in 1964. So I tried to answer Peter's question.

And now you know the rest of the story.

9. Amber

Amber Member

You recovered yourself very well Tricia;)

That was a great interview. I loved how Peter Boyles accidentally called the DA Mary Tracey.

This is all new to me, so I'm relieved to hear there is at least one sane media person out there that hasn't been hypnotised/brain washed.

10. koldkase

hahaha Peter Boyles live, elderly father, 10 year old, cell phone, driving....

That must have been some ride! :yow:

11. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

If you listen to my last answer you will now understand why I sounded like my mind was in a blender. LOL.

I'm going to post an email exchange between Todd Hartman from the Rocky Mountain News and myself. It happened a few hours ago. It left me shaking my head.

12. tylin

tylin Banned

The artical was brillant~!
    Loved your interview Tricia.

13. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

All he has to do is write a complaint and e-mail it. He articulated himself well on tv and on the radio so I don't doubt he could do this. He's got nothing to lose and I always said that it would strengthen any case he had against Tracey & co if his complaint had been registered with the British tv watchdog.

Ofcom always investigate and they always report their findings. For smaller offences, they put it on their website, but for more major offences, the tv station who aired the program must screen the findings. What happens is that in between programmes, and at peak viewing time, a screen will appear with a heading that says something like "Complaint" and the name of the programme. The wording of the Ofcome ruling scrolls on the screen and a voiceover reads it out.

e.g. "On 2nd March 2005, ITV aired a programme called "A B C". This programme made the claim that "x y z". Subsequently, a complaint was received by "Joe Bloggs regarding the content of the programme". The complaint was investigated by Ofcom and upheld. ITV therefore apologise to Mr Bloggs for the account of his behaviour which was not a true representation of the facts.....

As it stands, the British public believe that Helgoth and the ninja are the prime suspects. Odd though it may seem, very few people here recognise the name Jonbenet Ramsey!

14. Niner

Niner Active Member

LOL! I love this from the article:

:floor: LOL! Lacy is an idiot - can they REALLY print that??

and this one:

Good article by the way!

15. Niner

Niner Active Member

I too vote THIS as the BEST!! Good one Cherokee!! :cheerful:

16. Niner

Niner Active Member

LOL! no ****!! :doh: :stupid1: <<<<< mary lacy

17. Niner

Niner Active Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BobC
    Am I the only person who find the astonishing leap of logic in the above quote infuriating?

Quote: Barbara
    A RESOUNDING NO
    :hug:

again... NO BobC

18. Niner

Niner Active Member

PERFECT description... :yow:

19. Niner

Niner Active Member

LOL! :cry: what a cry-baby...

no... actually you're one in THIS life dude!! :unreal:

I like the way all these guys are trying to "side-step" on WHO is responsible on targeting Gigax!! LOL! What a bunch of losers!!

Great Article!!

and thanks Yum-Yum for posting the Boyles, Tricia, etc interviews. As you can tell with all my posting in a row, I've just finished reading and catching up on this! Thanks everyone! :highfive:

20. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

He can dish it out, but he can't take it no more.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice