Westword: Michael Tracey - How the Ramsey-obsessed professor found his latest patsy

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Cherokee, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Elle

Elle Member

2. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Hi, Elle.

I wondered where you were these past couple of days.

3. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

4. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Ohmigosh, Elle, I forgot you're just across the line from where all the snow hit upstate New York. I'm glad you're back. I thought maybe you'd just gotten caught up with relatives or something.

5. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Oh man, I forgot about Elle's being in the path of this storm. It really was a bad one.

6. Niner

Niner Active Member

now this is really weird!!?? I can open the big file 4megs at home... very slooow dsl; but here at work - it won't work.... strange if you ask me! Unless "they" are blocking something on my pc... guess I'll have to wait until I get home to finish listening to these....

Thanks Yum-Yum for posting these!! :beammeup:

7. Niner

Niner Active Member

Wow Elle! Hope all is okay with you!?? :uthere: Was wondering 'where' you were! :cheerful:

8. Elle

Elle Member

My apologies, girls. I couldn't remember what thread this was in (?). I should have taken a note of it. Thank you all very much for thinking about me. :( We didn't have any power for four days. The snow started falling on Thursday afternoon, and we thought it wouldn't lie, but it turned into a storm, with thunder and lightning like I've never seen before. It was blue. The power went on and off all day, and I just knew it was going to be off for a long time.

We ended up with 2 ft of snow. I could hear the tree branches cracking and falling during the night. What a mess. It was the same all over Fort Erie.

We had a fire, and we were lucky we had some extra strips of wood which my husband sawed up. This lasted until Friday. The highway was closed. My sons were keen to have us with them, but with the fire, we thought we would tough it out. Bedrooms were cold. I found a large empty wine bottle ready for recycling and filled that up with hot water for my bed. LUVLY! We still had hot water. My husband is always being teased by my sons because he likes Maria Christina red wine which is cheap. So I went to bed with Maria Christina. :) Shush! As for wine, I drink Lindeman's white. More expensive!

My boys and their wives came to the rescue for the next two days, with logs and extra flashlights, so we were lucky they were just a half an hour away once the highway was open.

How much we take our electricity for granted. We were told it might take up to the middle of the week before power was returned. How happy we were when it came on Sunday night. I was lighting candles at the time, so we high fived and had a drink to celebrate. I got to know my husband all over again. He sat close to the fire, He likes private time for his crosswords, and he was forced into talking more. Normally we have an upstairs and downstairs deal going on here. :)

Thank you all again, and hope you don't mind me telling you all about it. It was quite an experience. It will be days before all the branches are picked up. Crews from out of town came to help. Buffalo still has thousands of people without power.

I missed all of you more than words can say, Nice to be back. :)

9. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

It sounds cosy Elle :-( My SIL e-mailed me to tell me they'd had heavy snow and that their work had shut down as a result. They are great campers so I imagine my brother would just camp at home if they had no power.

I have a morbid fear of being stuck in some disaster and I have an emergency box at the ready - complete with appropriate food, medical supplies, candles and even duct tape to seal up doors and windows in case of a chemical attack (Hubby: Yeah, this place would be the first target - not!").

Anyway, I'm glad your outage was shorter than expected. We had a power cut for a couple of hours last week and it was a pain.

10. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Oh my Gosh! Have been on vacation for over a week and am still catching up with the threads. Listening to the second part of Silverman and Caplis! Awesome!!!!!!!!

Are the citizens of Boulder tired of John Ramsey running the DA's office? Are the citizens of Boulder tired yet of an incompetent professor paid tens of thousands of dollars a year using THEIR uninversity and THEIR tax dollars to fund Michael Tracey's next money making project????

11. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Sorry you were caught up in the storm Elle. I was sitting on a deck by the beach sweating and saying to myself....hahaha for once I'm not in that wintery mess....and soon I will be driving in ice and snow and cold.

I wanna live where River lives!

12. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Who, me?

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Everyone knows that they are more than welcome but after Elle's week, she gets Top Priority on the "To Thaw Out" list!

13. Watching You

It's still bad in the Buffalo area, RR. I'm so glad Elle's got her power back on and that she at least was able to stay sort of warm. Many people around the WNY area have wood stoves just for times like this, but there are not as many as there once were during the 70's and 80's. Our wood stove was the only way we survived during the big blizzard of '77 when we were socked in for two weeks with no power, no water, nada. I even cooked on that wood stove, then.

They are reporting 11 deaths related to the storm, now. Some of them are from carbon monoxide poisoning due to people running gas generators inside their garages or homes, some to hypothermia. One death was a direct cause of the storm, although I don't know exactly what the cause of that death was.

There have also been a lot of feel-good stories coming out of the storm, as there always are in the WNY area. We are a hearty lot, and when there is a crisis, neighbors and others always come through. People shared their generators for others to pump out their basements, made sure their elderly neighbors were okay, volunteered to run the shelters where many of the elderly and disabled were taken because of their special needs. Buffalo and areas north will pull out of this, just like they always do. Many trees were destroyed and there is a lot of other damage, but life goes on.

This one missed me, and Elle's okay. Life is good.

14. RiverRat

Are you trying to get me started, WY?! You KNOW how much I love the stories about you in the winter........ :pray: :pray: :pray:

15. Watching You

What are you doing up so early?

I know you love to hear about our nasty weather, RR, but I must tell you, I'll take 10 of our winters over one of your hurricanes. Besides, I can't take the hot weather. I don't even like it here when it gets over 80 degrees. And, I hate bugs. At least in the winter all our bugs die off or go underground. Any flies that survive inside the house are so lethargic, they can't even fly. They are sitting ducks for the old fly swatter.

I do think it's naughty of you to take such delight in our northern storms; especially since I was just thinking how happy I was there haven't been any bad storms or hurricanes down your way this year, and the season's almost over.

Now, aren't you sorry?

16. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I'm relieved to hear you are okay WY.

17. Watching You

Thanks, Barbara. We got about 10 minutes of snow flurries and some strong winds, and that was it. Those snow bands are tricky, depending on whether the lake is frozen over or not. They are calling this one the Perfect Storm, where everything came together just right.

18. RiverRat

Sorry?! Naughty?! For praying for your crazy self in that crazy weather?! I take No Delight in that white cold chit you guys call snow or you guys being in it.

Just for that, I now have to tell you again about the time I was in a hurricane. Did I mention that I could have DIED?!

Take That! :fishslap:

19. Watching You

Okay, I deserve that. I've been properly fishslapped. I thought you were making fun of us, love. We can take it, we're not called snow bunnies for nothing, you know.

Please don't make me think of that time you were in the hurricane. It hurts too much.

20. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

:nuts: You guys are all NUTZ :nuts:

:beammeup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice