Whackadoodle Evening2 - THREAD #2

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Moab, Jan 31, 2008.

1. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Tricia--while you are right that Lacey brought this attention ho to the states again, I personally find him to be about as threatening or dangerous as Boy George. Just watch those clips of him being brought to Boulder--he has a look on his face like "Can you believe people actually believed this crap? And look at all the attention I'm getting!! Weeeeeeee!!"

Karr knew nobody had anything on him so he rode the Attention Ho thing in the press. He got two things in return for this hoax: attention he could never have dreamt of in his wildest dreams, and a free ride back to the states. Even today--five years later--he is still trying to ride this white trash reality show episode. He is the Octomom of 2006.

Yeah he's creepy, but I don't believe for one second he's dangerous. He is a garden-variety, shopping-for-an-identity, delusional cretin. Nothing more. Just like Octomom.

You were absolutely, 100% right on that radio show branding Lacey as stupid. But I think we differ as to how her stupidity revealed itself. Maybe I'm wrong here--but I think you thought she was an idiot for "believing" Karr, whereas I think she is far dumber than that. If she wanted the Ramsey case to go away, this clown was the absolute worst person to try to pin it on.

A DA can just ignore a case until people tire of it and forget about it. That is the smart way to go if you are so inclined. But Casey made a complete imbecile of herself by bringing Karr to the national spotlight. My first question, upon hearing of his arrest and extradition, was does anyone have any evidence that he was in Colorado that night? I mean that was the absolute bottom-line first question for any sane investigator.

He wasn't in Colorado that night.

Makes you wonder about Lacey's real motives. She chose a crazy, delusional, gender-confused attention whore to stake her professional legacy on. That says so much. I can't believe anyone is that dumb--I can only believe she was under incredible pressure to name somebody--and she named someone with enough holes in his story to drive a truck through. Why would she pick him? And go through with this obvious charade?

It tells me--she was under incredible pressure to name someone as JBR's killer, and made an extremely foolish choice.

Every high profile case gets dozens of crackpots naming themselves as the perp of the case. But this is the only obvious fraud that I can think of that made it as far as he did.

So I must ask--what was Lacey's agenda here?

2. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

I can give you Lacy's agenda in three words ... EXONERATE THE RAMSEYS!

That was always Lacy's agenda from Day One. She didn't care how she did it, but she was determined to clear the Ramseys before she had to leave the DA's office (because of term limits).

Lacy confessed she never read the Ramsey case files after it became known that she thought the gold bracelet JonBenet wore was something only the killer would know. Anyone can read about the gold bracelet on the evidence list, and the information is all over the internet. You would THINK even if Lacy didn't want to concern herself with the details of the case, as the acting District Attorney, SHE WOULD HAVE AT LEAST READ THE EVIDENCE LIST, INCLUDING WHAT WAS FOUND WITH THE BODY!

But no, Lacy couldn't be bothered. Instead, she relied on her intruder-theory buddy and fellow Ramsey friend, Lou Smit, to tell her what the evidence was in the case. Too bad for Lacy, Smit didn't have all the facts right. Of course, that didn't stop him from feeding his theory and wrong information to not only Lacy, but Michael Tracey as well. Tracey was another fellow Ramsey friend who was determined to prove their innocence, even if he had to make TV documentaries that framed innocent people and ruined their lives. (Ironically, Tracey teaches classes on ethics in media. What a laugh!) Not bothering to check the facts, but instead relying on Smit's version of the truth, Tracey (and his ego) decided he would trap John Mark Karr into a confession. Tracey thought he would get accolades and a book deal, Lacy would finally have her intruder and be able to exonerate the Ramseys, and Lou Smit would burnish his image as a detective instead of being thought of as a delusional old man. It was a win-win situation for everyone involved!

Unfortunately, Lacy, Smit and Tracey never bothered to check the facts of the case, or find out if John Mark Karr could have even been in Boulder at Christmas 1996. They were so tunnel-focused on the idea of exonerating their friends, the Ramseys, and gaining glory for themselves, they left their brains at the door instead of their egos.

When you have a single goal in mind, and you don't care how you get there, you do stupid stuff. Mary Lacy is the queen of stupid stuff. She is also the queen of unethical stuff, because no sitting DA should EVER publicly clear a suspect based on iffy DNA evidence, then allow no questions and refuse to release said DNA report. It was not Lacy's legal RIGHT to do what she did. Everyone in LE and attorney circles agrees with that, but not one thing has been done about in Colorado. Until now. Garnett and Beckner have essentially put the Ramseys back under the "umbrella of suspicion," and Lacy isn't happy about it. Her recent public dig at Garnett is proof of that.

Well, little Miss Mary can just pout all she wants because nobody cares about a two-bit ex-DA who has to advertise like an ambulance-chaser (on Superlawyer.com) just to get clients because she has such a bad reputation as a lawyer. I mean, would YOU want your attorney to be someone dumb enough to believe John Mark Karr's nonsensical, unrelated-to-the-evidence fantasies? Mary Lacy is now a bad joke. The tragedy is that she has made the Ramsey case totally unprosecutable, which may have been part of her "clear the Ramseys at all costs" agenda from the beginning.

THE QUEEN HAS NO CLUE

Attached Files:

3. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

OMG!!! You're so right, Tricia. That character thinks so much like maimed, I think the census taker interviewed maimed and wrote it down, submitted it to SNL, and there she is! :floor: Spot on!

Speaking of brilliant descriptions, whoa, BobC! You nailed the whole gang! You should copyright this PERV Karr portrait, put it on a t-shirt and sell them:
    Yes, Chero, the PERV Karr carnival was a case of the dumb leading the blind...or the blind leading the dumb...one of those! I'll add that I think Lacy drank the kool-aide early and then became addicted to it, like Tracey and Smit. Hunter set it up for them and then laughed all the way to the Islands. The whole group became legends in their own minds, and from there, it was downhill all the way to the True Crime Hall of Shame.

4. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

BobC and Cherokee,

When you two write and describe so perfectly how things went down with John Mark Karr, Michael Tracey, Mary Lacy, I literally laugh out loud.

The whole scenario is so incredibly stupid that it is almost impossible to believe.

But all of what you both said did happen. We saw it with our own eyes.

I agree BobC that the very basic question, "Was John Mark Karr in Colorado the night JonBenet was killed" was not even considered. Lacy was so happy to have her suspect the facts be damned.

And for two years our Michael Tracey forum was up here on FFJ with the whole story about how Tracey tried to frame an innocent man in his documentary.

FFJ made such a fool of Tracey with his last documentary work that his doc never played here in the U.S. and now when it does play over seas he has a disclaimer on the end stating the "suspect" was cleared making his documentary worthless.

Yet with the information about Michael Tracey and his bogus suspect up on the Internet for 2 years for the world to see Mary Lacy took Tracey's word for it. So much so it didn't occur to her to check and see where Karr was on the night of December 25 1996.

Mary Lacy is dumb but I believe it is even more than that. There is something else going on with her. I don't know if it is mental illness or some other problem but she is not normal. Something in her brain makes it so her judgement is so whacked out that it's frightening.

5. Elle

Elle Member

Tricia,

Don't laugh at this because I'm serious. I personally thought she had a crush on John Ramsey, and this is the only reason I could come up with, relating to her strange behaviour.

6. BobC

Those hair curtains must really obstruct her vision, Elle.

Cherokee--I guess my main question goes a little deeper: why was Lacey so hell-bent on exonerating them? Solving this case would have made Lacey a star, but instead she came out looking like the world's biggest idiot.

What is she getting out of this?

7. Tricia

I think it has to do with ego and mental illness.

In the very beginning she stated Patsy was innocent.

Rather than go back on her first proclamation in this case she decided to clear the Ramseys. That way in her mind she is right. She is so right she took the unheard of step of clearing them.

Guess what happened? It is a dream come true for someone suffering from delusions. The media agreed and reported the story. The media didn't ask one question of her. Instead the main stream media fed into her delusion of grandeur and reported the Ramseys were cleared end of story.

I think with John Mark Karr it was simple. Michael Tracey convinced her he did it.

You take a person who will never admit she is wrong, through mental illness, give her a bit of power, and you have the makings of Mary Lacy. In my opinion of course.

If there is a hidden agenda I sure as hell can't figure it out.

BobC tell us what you think? Why did she do all of this?

Your question, "What is she getting out of this?" begs another question . . . "Is she getting anything out of this that we, as in people who think like we do, can understand?" Is she getting something out of this only her mind in the state it is in can understand?

Unless I am shown differently this is the only thing that makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2010
  8. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

I think you're absolutely right. Lacy can't admit that she was wrong. From the beginning, before she was ever DA, she declared the Ramseys were innocent. One of the reasons she wanted to be DA was to clear their name. She was very angry that Hunter didn't originally include her on the case team.

Lacy believed Michael Tracey (and the JMK mess) because it fit with what she wanted to accomplish to make herself feel good.

It made Lacy FEEL GOOD to exonerate her dear friends, the Ramseys. It made her FEEL GOOD to apologize to John Ramsey. It made Lacy FEEL GOOD to refuse to answer questions and release the DNA report. SHE HAD ALL THE POWER! SHE WAS GOD! SHE WAS EXONERATING AND FORGIVING SINS AND THERE WAS NOTHING ANYONE COULD DO ABOUT IT!

What a power trip for someone with obvious self-esteem issues.

9. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Y'all are depressing me.

10. BobC

Tricia--I don't know. But I will say that when public people do something that outrageous, something that could and did blow up in their faces and make them look like fools, then they have something to GAIN. Or something to protect. I believe that many of the Hunter/Lacey Democrats in Boulder have all kinds of financial entanglements with wealthy CO lawyers. In fact in at least two cases I know that is a fact. So I think early on, after much hand-wringing over this case, it was decided that bringing the case to trial might endanger those relationships. You know, if you rat out my client, what's to stop me from ratting this other thing out? Boulder is so small and incestuous. These politicians aren't in it to be nice people, they are in it for money and power. look at what's happening in California!

I believe that political connections were threatened when Haddon and others took the Ramseys on. Real estate deals and other business ventures. John Ramsey is not stupid. He chose Haddon and company for a reason. This was all politics.

11. Tricia

There is no doubt in my mind that what you are saying is the truth. I would love to see what entanglement Lacy had and continues to have with various lawyers in Boulder.

We know Hunter had a relationship with one of Patsy's lawyers didn't he? Didn't they own a building together?

If someone wanted to untangle all of this crap it would make a very fascinating story. Trouble is how and where do you start? How do you get people to talk?

I wish I knew.

12. BobC

Hunter owned a building with, I think, Bynum (I think it was him) even after declaring bankruptcy at least once--which i found a bit puzzling. There was a big article about all the financial interconnections with the players in this case years ago.

13. Carol

Carol Member

"I can give you Lacy's agenda in three words ... EXONERATE THE RAMSEYS!" - Cherokee

And Ms. Lacy has done just that. I was watching a media watchdog program on CNN on Sunday called "Reliable Sources." Howard Kurtz, the host, was interviewing a reporter (Diane Dimond?) about a book she just wrote on the Salahis (the couple that "crashed" a White House dinner). Ms. Dimond claims that they did not crash the party at all. They were let through by not one but two security agents and they thought they were just going to be allowed to stay for the pre-dinner affair but they stayed for the entire dinner. Ms. Dimond blames White House and FBI security, not the Salahis, for what happened and she also blames the media for immediately excoriating the couple as reality-show wannabes, when they had already signed a contract to star in a reality show. Anyway, Ms. Dimond concluded that the media has to stop judging people without getting all the facts. She said something along the lines of, Look at what we (the media) did to Richard Jewel and John and Patsy Ramsey. So I guess it's just a given now that the Ramseys are innocent, thanks to Mary Lacy and the touch DNA evidence. I don't think anyone in the media will dare question the innocence of the Ramseys anymore. It's not about justice for JonBenet any longer. It's about how the media wrongly blamed her parents.

14. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Hey, guys. I just can't resist when the spirit hits me!

15. Elle

Elle Member

Saw the Betty White Skit months ago, Tricia. Hilarious! She is such a character! Sharp as a tack!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice