What if:

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Spade, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

YES. Hunter was in on "the fix" as a friend of Haddon, and he hever intended to prosecute ANY of the Ramseys, particularly Patsy who almost everyone in Boulder LE (at the time) thought was the perp.

Not having any critical thinking skills or investigative logic, Lacy was convinced early on the Ramseys were innocent, and that there was an intruder. Lacy has been easily manipulated by both Patsy and John, as has Lou Smit. She made it her mission as DA to find an intruder in order to clear the Ramsey name.

I understand your BDI scenario, but Hunter and Lacy have always been about protecting ALL OF THE RAMSEYS, not just Burke. John said in his Hawaii interview that before Lacy was elected DA, they were praying for a miracle. Lacy called them after her election saying she was now DA, and that she believed them innocent. John told Lacy that she was their miracle, and Lacy said she believed in miracles. Lacy loves being the Ramsey's miracle.

Lacy lives in the Boulder bubble where parents don't do bad things to their children, and delusional people don't confess to crimes. She's a feel-good New Ager who would rather hold hands and sing "Kum-ba-yah" than prosecute a case. She WANTS to believe all the Ramseys are innocent. Her efforts are not exclusive to Burke.

I have always said I do not know exactly what happened that night, but I do know this. Patsy wrote the ransom note, and therefore, at the very least, she was involved in the cover-up. Patsy would cover for herself and for Burke. I'm not sure she would cover for John. John would also cover for Burke, and possibly Patsy if he was afraid Burke would lose his mother, or if Patsy was holding "something" over John's head as personal blackmail.

2. Spade

Spade Member

Cherokee

"YES. Hunter was in on "the fix" as a friend of Haddon"

Hunter was not a friend of Haddon. My friend Ryan Ross investigated this possible connection and was unable to establish any ties.

Haddon's partner, Bryan Morgan is another story. Morgan is Peter Hofstrom's friend and mentor. Bryan Morgan, Bynum, Hofstrom, and the Ramseys belonged to the same church. Don't forget that Hunter was in Hawaii at the time of JonBenet's death. Consequently, decisions at the DA's office were being made by underlings, like Hofstrom.

3. sue

sue Member

There's a thread from (I think) about March or May of 2005. I thought the same thing about the rope/string when I saw it.
    It looks scarily similar but when I measured the strings on the American Girls dolls that we have, it appeared the string is too short (unless the 'garotte' has a place where it looks like a continous string but it's actually 2 knotted together.

4. I agree.

Burke would've needed considerable strength to inflict that degree of damage, I'm not saying he didn't have the strength, but I don't see how you can accidentally hit someone that hard.

What would Burke be doing with a baseball bat at that hour? Would a tightazz like Patsy have even allowed him to swing it around indoors?

I don't necessarily think that Burke was a classic bus victim, but I do think the Rams intended to create confusion by not clearly answering questions that would perhaps have cleared him entirely.

5. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

Perhaps you should be asking what a baseball bat was doing lying right outside the back door at that time of the year? You won't find any kids outside playing baseball in the middle of winter in Colorado.

6. Mandarin

Mandarin Member

As well,

If I remember correctly, didn't Burke swing a heavy golf club that struck Jonbenet earlier that year?

I don't think it is beyond the realm of any kid to swing a bat in the house, especially one that covers almost 7K square feet? You know, the Rams try to deny knowledge of the baseball bat, but if I'm correct, didn't Fleet Jr and/or Fleet Senior AND Burke himself, confirm that he had a silver baseball bat? (Like the Santa Bear, the Ramsey's tried the old "I don't recall any of those items, etc. etc.)

I tell you this Intruder must have come with an armload of stuff to dump in the Ram household ... not a very bright guy, wouldn't you say?

Regards,
    Mandarin

7. tylin

tylin Banned

Ditto! I like the way you think Sue. ;)
    Spade,
    How in the world could a child-under 10 yrs old no less- cause the head wound JBR suffered?

I agree with the poster who said every light in the house would have been turned on if BR ran to his parents and claimed he did it. IMO, if BR accidentally killed JBR, I'm not sure that Patsy and John would have held back calling an ambulance.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2006
  8. Interesting that in that case the Rams took her to the hospital, why no cover-up?

I'd expect them to call an ambulance if a similar thing had happened with a baseball bat... JMO.

9. You're right, but that still doesn't answer my question.

Besides, if the baseball bat was in fact the murder weapon, why would they've just thrown it outside? Why not hide it and dispose of it later?

10. tylin

tylin Banned

Good question PS.
    IMO, it's unlikely that the killer(s) would leave the bat out in the open at the supposed crime scene but would have taken the duct tape and rope. That doesn't add up for me.

11. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

I'm with Spade on that one. The last thing they would have wanted was to keep Burke around if he was involved when they knew the cops would be questioning him, ESPECIALLY when the body was going to be found at any moment.

Would ANY parent let their other child out of their sight if their other child had been kidnapped by a "foreign faction" threatening to cut her head off?
    Remember, they didn't send Burke away to a secured location where this "foreign faction" couldn't get at him, they stuck a video game under his arm and sent him off to a friends house where the parents were not home!
    :banghead:

12. tylin

tylin Banned

PS,
    You asked another million dollar question....
    The answer is no, nopey, nope. No way. Loving, caring, worried parents would have kept the child in plain sight.

13. Mandarin

Mandarin Member

First Of All ...

Ploppy, I just mentioned the bat, but I don't think I said that I actually thought Burke swung it that night or recently. In fact, I don't think the baseball bat has anything to do with Jonbenet's injury.

And BTW, if I'm correct, the bat was found OUTSIDE, right? Not that it makes one bit of difference. I'd be more inclined to think she was struck with something a lot smaller and heavier or banged against something like a bath tub tap, whatever.

Oh, and I almost forgot, you know Burke, contrary to what a lot of posters have said, was quite a bright boy and had his very own expensive laptop (as per Nedra "The best that money can buy!)

I don't know many 9/10 year olds in '96 that had a "top of the line" laptop - I know I didn't and neither did my daughter, even though we could have afforded it.

Just my two cents ..... AND PLEASE remember Plop, it is not my thinking in any way, that Burke hit Jonbenet with a baseball bat. It's just another of those silly things, like the Santa Bear, flahslight, etc. that for whatever reason, the Rams deny any knowledge of owning. It makes people wonder why they are denying such simple things that could easily be in any household.

Regards,
    Mandarin

14. Mandarin

Mandarin Member

But ....

Plop .... but would they call an ambulance if they thought she was dead? You know the prior incident with the golf club was, if I recall, just a scratched surface of the cheek with bruising or swelling of some sort. Patsy, apparently was worried about her pageant pony & feared that she might need surgery - which the Doctor assured her was not necessary.

And again, I repeat, I do NOT think a baseball bat had anything to do with the events at the Ram house that Xmas .... it's just another one of those items the Rams keep denying any knowledge of.

And as far as a 10 year old boy being able to cause such blunt force trauma, of course it's possible and it HAS happened in many, many documented cases.

Do you remember those 2 little boys in England that murdered that little boy on the train tracks? And what about the case that was going on in Colorado (I think) where the 9/10 year old son was accused in a situation regarding a Norwegian couple .... does anyone remember all that?

Regards,
    Mandarin

15. Spade

Spade Member

Crime Scene

The crime scene was staged. Why question why the Rams weren't perfect in their attempt to cover up.

Tylin-
    It is possible that responsibility for the head wound and the garrote that caused her death belongs to 2 differnet people. In addition, the CBI conducted tests to determine the strengh needed to inflict the head wound. All 3 in the house were capable.

16. tylin

tylin Banned

Spade,
    Thanks for your response. You made me put on my thinking cap. I've never considered more than 1 person inflicting the wounds...I now have a new senario to ponder.

17. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

I have a good explaination for that. The golf club accident happened outside and didn't include any sexual molestation.
    They could have explained a cracked skull as an accidental swing of the bat, but how could they explain the vaginal bleeding.

18. Spade

Spade Member

Tylin

From the Globe's '97 article about Diane Hollis"

The woman whose call Diane took claimed her boyfriend was an attorney working in the office of one of Ramsey's defense lawyers. "She told me that her boyfriend told her Patsy had called their attorneys after JonBenet's death and admitted being responsible," says Diane.

"She said Patsy had told her attorney that she got up during the night and found her husband in JonBenet's room. "She accused John of sexually molesting JonBenet. "According to the woman, Patsy told her lawyer that she picked up something to hit John, missed and accidentally struck JonBenet on the head.

This is a John did the garrote and Patsy hit JonBenet theory. I personally don't believe it, but if you substitute Burke for John, this theory fits the circumstantial evidence.

19. tylin

tylin Banned

Good point BluesStrat. How could they explain sexual injuries?

20. Mandarin

Mandarin Member

Concur ....

Neither do I buy this scenario, whether the woman caller was legit or not. I can fit Burke into the theory, a lot easier than I can fit John into the theory. I simply don't think Patsy had it in her to strike John Ramsey - now way!

Regards,
    Mandarin

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice