What if:

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Spade, Sep 10, 2006.

1. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

"There HAD to be something they couldn't explain at the hospital, and it either had to be evidence of sexual abuse, or strangulation marks on her neck."

I agree completely! That, and an accidental headbash wouldn't do for a child beauty queen! She deserved a death as flashy as her life! The new Black Dahlia!

2. MlazyV

MlazyV Banned for Stupidity

What if the premise is you instantly knew she was brain dead, not merely uncounscious. Add to it perhaps you were even in the room. You saw one kid strike out at the other with fatal consequences. You become instantly as culpable as if you'd done it yourself.

I listened closely to the 911 call, in a sealed room with headphones and I believe Patsy says "we need an ambu" and then she corrects herself midword to "police" which has been interpreted as "please".

Three cheers for Patsy. At least she attempted to call for an ambulance after her daughter's head was bashed in.

"GOD... Hurr we need an amuPOLICE"
    "we need an am... please POLICE"

I think in her heart she wanted an ambulance to come and save the day but her mind knew that was impossible.

BTW, I do hope you wouldn't attempt cpr on anyone that is uncounscious. It could kill them.

3. tylin

tylin Banned

Elle,
    Great post that is worth repeating.
    Overkill is right, Elle...and why oh why ruin so many lives?

4. I completely agree Cherokee. I don't believe that the Rams covered up for anyone other than themselves. On Larry King Live, when Steve Thomas directly pointed the finger at Patsy, John flipped out and became hostile right away.... they were clearly in self-preservation mode, not in self-sacrifice mode.

Neither Patsy nor John would've ever taken the fall for this, and if all they cared about was protecting Burke, they would've willingly sacrificed themselves if they thought it would save their son from going to prison... but that's not what they did, is it? They threw the blame for this disgusting crime on people they knew were innocent. That stinks of self-preservation, not righteous self-sacrifice... and for her to go on tv and say things like "God knows the truth"... yada yada... bringing God into it - thats too much for me. I don't believe that woman was capable of risking her pretty little neck for anyone.

5. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

That face-off put the first chink in my armor, Ploppy Slopper.

John reminded me of the Emperor in "Star Wars"

6. heymom

heymom Member

Whatever the scenario - if one of my children was gravely injured (how would I know he was brain dead???)(how would the Ramsey's have known???) I would call 911 right then. I wouldn't be thinking of the possible ramifications, only saving my child's life. The time for thinking would be after the child had been taken to the ER, or later, because I'd probably be in shock. You just pray that you never have to find out how you'd react.

I don't understand about the CPR. Most people who have heart attacks are not conscious. I meant, if his heart had stopped beating. If his heart had not stopped beating, I would be doing whatever 911 told me to do.

Heymom

7. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Umm do you mean on some one who is conscious...? cause that would definetly hurt ;-)

8. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

You mean as in breathing for someone who is already breathing and pumping on someone's chest when his heart is already beating and he is awake?

Yeah. That would hurt a lot.

9. MlazyV

From my understanding part of the process in giving CPR is to first ascertain the victim is indeed not breathing and the heart is not beating. CPR is done to 'revive' bodies that are clinically dead. Somebody who is unconscious is very much alive, it's like they're in a sleep state and can't be aroused.

10. heymom

heymom Member

Okay, so I mis-spoke. What I meant is that if I thought the child had stopped breathing. If the child was still breathing, of course I would not do rescue breathing and CPR. My point was not that I was doing CPR, my point was that I wouldn't be figuring out how to lie about what had happened, I'd be trying to SAVE my child!!!

Heymom

11. MlazyV

It's possible the parents could tell JonBenet was brain dead. If they saw the initial injury or inflicted it, they may have realized it was deadly force. Although the skull fracture wasn't visible it would have made a noise to curddle anyone's blood. Some parents have heard the noise of a horrible melon cracking when a kid falls, a sound that makes you cringe, and these kids bounce back instantly. The noise that penetrated and broke bone would have been a hundred times worse. In addition, with the brain injury JonBenet may have been breathing odd; noisely, struggling, or not at all; starring blankly into space, unresponsive to pain and stimuli. Maybe her pupils were fixed and dilated? We don't know that they didn't attempt CPR. Whatever happened played out over the course of hours. We know an ambulance was not called for the initial head trauma. We don't know that a doctor wasn't summoned for a house call. Those records disappeared.

Patsy had 'hospital' experience from dealing with her own health issues. Maybe John had medical training of some sort from being a pilot or when he was in the military. They both had likely seen dead bodies. It's not far fetched to consider they quickly assessed the situaton and knew eventually she was gone and the clincher is; knew it wasn't a natural death.

I grew up in a home with intensely violent sibling rivalry. To this day my parents deny it's existence as a major problem. For crying out loud, my brothers haven't spoken in 25 years. It's a miracle we survived. If that was the root cause of JonBenet's death I hope it receives the attention it deserves so society addresses the issue and improves the lives of children and families. Our justice system isn't really so much about punishing individuals as it is about collectively improving life for all humans.

12. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

that sound

You are so right, MlazyV. My oldest boy had scissor gait when he was a child. One leg swings in front of the other as the child walks so they frequently trip and fall. (He did wear a Friedman splint for this condition and it got better, though I can still see a bit of it in him when he's very tired. And he's 24 now!)

Anyway, as a toddler this was the kid who had to run, not walk wherever he went. And one night, while we were in the home of some friends, he took a bad fall on the Mexican tile floor and wound up with a hairline skull fracture. (He was 2 years old.)

Let me tell you, the sound of that precious little head smacking against the tile with a force that cracked his skull is something I will ALWAYS remember. Horrifying is the only way to describe it. And remember, this was in a room with normal people noises going on.

I can't even begin to imagine what it must have sounded like when JonBenet's skull sustained that kind of huge gaping hole and massive crack injury.

13. heymom

heymom Member

Okay, I'm not going to try and guess what happened that night. I have never heard the sound of a child's skull breaking and I hope never to hear it!

I reiterate: At no point did the Ramseys behave as though an accident of any kind had happened. At every point, they acted to confuse authority and hide what really happened.

Heymom

14. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

heymom

I don't know what happened in the house that night either, heymom.

But one thing I've always felt is that Patsy must've relived the sound of JonBenet's skull cracking for the rest of her life.

There have been times when something has triggered me to be able to hear the sound of my son's skull cracking, even all these years later. It's an indescribably horrible thing to hear. The night it happened to my boy there was no doubt among anyone in the room that we had just heard my child's skull cracking...and this was a boy who had sustained lots of falls beforehand, with the bad enough sound of his little head smacking against whatever surface. But those hits, were NOTHING compared to that dreadful sound of the skull being injured.

I bet Patsy had many nights when she relived that horrific, soul-searing sound....over and over again. And I bet it haunted her til the day she died.

15. heymom

heymom Member

I can't even assume that Patsy heard that sound. I just won't ever know. I'm afraid that no one will. Patsy sure can't tell us and John won't. The only thing I know for sure is that Patsy wrote that ransom note, and they lied about that. What else can I be certain of? Pretty much nada.

I'm sorry you can still hear the sound of your son's injury. It must be like the sounds of a car crash - really terrible and you never forget it.

Heymom

16. Elle

Elle Member

Those hard tiled floors are a menace for small children, Pearlsim. They're a menace for old and young alike. I'm sure you took a long time going back there again, if you did (?). So pleased to hear he's doing okay.

The magnitude of JonBenét's head injury, to me, tells me this was an accident, not a premeditated attempt to kill her. Who would need to use such force on a little six year old girl? An insane lunatic from an asylum, maybe? Not her mother, father or older brother. Each one of them could have ended her life in an easier manner. She was only six.

This injury could have happened with the force used to throw the child around. This injury could have happened with a person who was in a rage at JonBenét, a very tired exasperated mother like Patsy Ramsey could have been, that fateful night (?).

I wonder if Tom Bennett had two separate teams of investigation; one for the head injury, and the other for the pre sexual evidence found on JonBenét? Or was he doing both by himself? How I wish the FBI had forced the issue of involvement in this case, instead of being cut off from it altogether. They may have found out much more than D.A. Hunter and the Haddon group wanted them to.

17. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, Mlv. They had to know it was too late for a 911 call, and the end result was the staging to save themselves.

18. Tril

Tril Member

Originally posted by JoeJame:
    I think that when Burke asked "What did you find?" he was referring to the ransom note he'd heard his mom ranting about during the 911 call. I'm a BDIer, but I don't believe that Burke was involved in the staging, and that includes the writing of the note. I don't think he knew anything about the note.

When Burke then is believed to have asked, "What do I do?" I think he wanted to know what he should say and how he should act when the cops arrived.

It's always seemed odd to me that John would tell Burke in a gruff voice, "We're not speaking to you!" when Burke asked the questions... unless he knew it was Burke who took JonBenet's life...albeit unintentionally, imo.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice