When An Angel Falls: My Poem For Jonbenet' Ramsey.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by INSIGHT, Oct 27, 2006.

1. tylin

tylin Banned

2. INSIGHT

INSIGHT Banned - TOS Violation

Hi Tylin

What's up? Well here was my "Take Off" on a prior 2 posts to me. My Viking spins and his hat falls off, almost, he's very funny to me fighting with that big bat. I was defending the violin posted for me leaving the sight. I got mad. But I really didn't want to leave. So, after When I saw the post , fall down, boom? Then read my post again to see all that ahead of time. I could be off base of the fall down boom thing, I didn't know If I got that right or not. It could mean 100 different things. I just played it as it felt. .K? :martini:

3. tylin

tylin Banned

Your poem is very good insight. I replied to another post before reading the entire thread. ;)

4. INSIGHT

Thanks tylin

Hey, that means so much to me, thank you. I just read it to my husband tonight, we were talking about couples who losse a child in death. So, I thought, good time to show him my latest work. He just put his head down and said it is so beautiful, but I hate the ending. I told him that is why I spend so much time on this case. She was so beautiful and I hate the ending too. We shared tears for JB tonight. I was born on Christmas day. So, this year, #10 for our Angel, will be a celebration of a life born (OK... I'm not tellin my age) years ago, and another who died before she was alowed to live, within hours of it. Gosh, do you guys know how really cool JBR was. She was so unique. She LOVED life, "Why do roses have thorns", so smart, she wanted to learn so much. Instead she was shoved in a size -10 adult pervocitive pagent outfit and staged, hair died, extentions, Wearing the old lady's matching clothing and being forced to have something sexual done. THIS MAKES ME SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God, what a waste, what a disaster, what poor excuse for parents, what an blaten phucking ..OH!! PUNISHER......... YES, I know it know for sure now, what you told me. We all feel "Sorry for her" But sorrow turns to rage". YOU WERE WAY RIGHT. I am SO MAD I am Banging my fingers on this keyboard and tears are rolling off my face onto it. JonBenet' we love you. Maybe we were the only one's who do. Sleep tight our Angel. This hurts SO much! I gotta go for now........

5. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

"Gosh, do you guys know how really cool JBR was."

Are you saying that you knew JonBenet personally? I could have swore that you announced that you were leaving our forum.....but since you are still here, maybe you can share some insight........that is, IF you did know the child.

6. RiverRat

:bos:

7. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

Hi

:couch: :couch:

8. RiverRat

You have mellowed over the years, Sparky.......please spend more time with WY. :wyhero:

9. 1000 Sparks

Well

I don't refer to my dog as a doggie.

I personally find "most" poetry sappy....

10. RiverRat

Now you asked for it.....

There once was a Poster called Sparks.

She wanted to swim with the Sharks,

I told her No,

She could not Go,

And reminder her about a Dog that Barks.

:sadie:

11. 1000 Sparks

Oh that was really pretty.

:sucks:

12. RiverRat

Now I see shades of Sparks awakening......

:curtsey:

13. INSIGHT

RiverRat

No. I never met her. I read what others who knew her as a really cool kid had to say. She just seemed to have so much to share and her questions to people like the gardner about the roses and others who knew her commented she was unique. When I read those things, I think she was SO ALIVE, vibrant. I just get so mad that someone abused and killed her. So many people take their own life and never appreciated that they had one. I could see that she was just in love with life. I wonder now what she would have been like. I think maybe the outdoors type, love of nature and animals. You mentioned me leaving the forum. Did you want me to leave? That's cruel. Maybe Tricia should close this thread. I don't like where this is going either.

14. 1000 Sparks

Insight

Not being mean, but what little girl isn't vibrant and doen't enjoy life...if their life is "normal" they should have no fears and only be inquisitive, for they don't know what lies ahead. That's why we as parents are there to protect them so they can have a happy childhood. :foshizzle

15. RiverRat

You brought it up, not me. Personally, I could care less one way or another, stay, go, it's all good.

16. RiverRat

Maybe you do not realize that the majority of posters here have put more than two months in, so yeah, we understand that JonBenet was special.

17. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

I agree, Sparky. Every child is precious, and JonBenet was no more "in love with life" than any other child, my own included. JonBenet deserved to be loved unconditionally and valued for who she was, not for what someone else could make her to be. But that does not make her the image of perfection. That is exactly what her mother wanted. JonBenet is not an icon to be worshiped.

One conversation with a gardener does not make JonBenet unique. Yes, her roses and thorns remark was a good example of innocent insight, but my own child, and Jayelle's Tootsie, and everyone else's child has said things that were just as wonderfully thought-provoking. Children teach us to see the world through their eyes, and not the tired cliches' of our adult experience.

I think it is a disservice to JonBenet to hold her up on a pedestal and say she was some sort of special angel-child. JonBenet was human with all of the failings that entails. She threw fits, and lost her temper. She laughed, and hammed it up for the home camera. She cried, she pouted, and she loved and hugged. JonBenet felt the full range of human emotions. She was not a china doll who went around dispensing love and favors like a fairy princess.

Unfortunately, JonBenet was not allowed to be the child she was because of a mother who co-opted JonBenet's life in order to fulfill her own. JonBenet carried around adult expectations and was, essentially, Patsy's own made-to-order "My Twinn" doll. Patsy wanted JonBenet to be her perfect "other self." The self that was beautiful and always won. The self that was unsullied. The self that was still sexy, yet pure. Patsy wanted to create the image of perfection in JonBenet. To hold JonBenet to that image is to make a mockery of who JonBenet really was.

The best way to remember JonBenet is not to create a person who was larger than life, nor endow her with attributes she did not have. JonBenet was a child; a precious child. But she was not especially gifted or talented. The tragedy of her death is that it was at the hands of those who should have loved her most. That is the iconography that should be immortalized and remembered. JonBenet's death, not her life, was unique in a most terrible way ... not only for how she died, but because her family valued themselves more than they loved her.

18. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Cherokee,

That was so beautiful that I'm speechless

Just Outstanding

Outstanding

Outstanding

19. INSIGHT

Agree

I agree 100%. Very nicely written. I just meant she was a precious child as, all children, not perfect and not a china doll. BUT, she had a abuse done to her and made to do things she didn't want too. YET, she was so lively and able to still remain a child. Alot of children loose all their innocence when child abuse is present. JBR didn't let that take away her childhood. Thats what I mean by "Unique". I should have maybe said strong. Thanks for posting this, I had no Idea what I wrote was recieved as if I was imortalising her as perfect. That was never my intention.

20. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, Cherokee has made a good job of explaining what the public shouldn't do, Barbara, in a case like this. I believe there are a few JonBenét sites like this on the net, and I would delete them if I had the chance.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice