When An Angel Falls: My Poem For Jonbenet' Ramsey.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by INSIGHT, Oct 27, 2006.

1. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

It was a fine poem.

Yes, the rage builds until it threatens to explode, doesn't it?

2. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

The poem was beautiful. The most important thing about a poem is the passion that shines through from the author. I saw it as a reflection of INSIGHT's feelings, not a doctrine on how others should see JB.

All children who are felled at the hands of their attacker are innocents. Referring to them as "angels" may seem over the top to some, but in some ways, they probably are remembered by their loved ones as little angels who left this earth way too soon.

3. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Insight, I wasn't so much addressing your poem as some things you said in a couple of your posts referenced below.

I was making a general statement about what I have seen in the last ten years as the "deification" of JonBenet. She has been elevated to the status of a saint ... the perfect little girl in blonde curls who wears her tiara as America's princess. I look at that image, and it makes me sick because that's exactly what Patsy wanted.

Patsy didn't want a brown-haired daughter with hazel-green eyes. She wanted a blonde-haired bombshell with blue eyes. Patsy didn't want an average child with average talents and intelligence. She wanted a gifted child who played violin like a prodigy and spoke French fluently. Patsy didn't want people to know about a troubled child who wet the bed and had accidents long after other children her age were toilet-trained. She wanted the world to see a tiny beauty queen prancing on stage in exquisite clothes for all to applaud and worship.

And Patsy got her wish. What do most people think of when they think of JonBenet? They think of the bleached-blonde baby in the hair extensions and capped teeth. They see her sashaying around a stage. They see the image, not JonBenet.

I think this really came home to me when I heard about the little girl who was kidnapped out of her backyard by a neighbor, then raped and killed in his basement. Where are her tributes? Why hasn't she been on all the covers of the tabloids? What of all the other unsolved crimes against children? Where are THEIR tributes and hours of video montages on YouTube?

What if JonBenet had lived in a trailer park, and her parents had been dead-beat drug dealers? What if JonBenet hadn't had the bleached-blonde hair, the extensions, the pouty make-up, the fine clothes? Would we feel such a "connection" then? Would we care as much? Would we talk as if we knew her?

Insight, I hope you know I am not pointing fingers at you. I am talking about our culture in general ... and how even in death ... we tend to elevate the rich and beautiful over the poor and average.

In addition, I think some people tend to transfer their own feelings about JonBenet's death onto her life. The frustration they feel at the circumstances of her death, and their powerlessness to hold those responsible for it accountable in any way, make them tend to idolize JonBenet as a totem of angelic proportions. In other words, they are so angry at the Ramseys and what they did to JonBenet, that subconsciously, they make her into something she never was because somehow, that seems to make the Ramsey's actions even more heinous.

But that's just my opinion. We all bring something of ourselves to the Ramsey case, or we wouldn't be here.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
  4. Cherokee

WY, please see my post to Insight. I wasn't bashing the poem, just making a sociological statement on the JonBenet culture that has grown up around her death. What an egghead I am sometimes.

5. Elle

Elle Member

With me, Cherokee, it's a question of how can they write something so personal when they didn't even know this little girl personally? It's a different matter if they are writing about their own child, but a lot of these people write as if they knew her. Kind of a touchy subject when we are actually trying to find out ourselves, just what happened to her, but we didn't know her personally to get that attached.

Didn't Insight say she and her husband were crying about JonBenét? Something like that. I think this is taking it too far. Sorry! They didn't know this little girl personally. Plus, it was ten years ago, and she wasn't a relation of theirs (?)

6. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Well, yeah, you're an egghead, but I wasn't even referring to you. In fact, I agree with you. And, yet, taking the poem at face value, it is a nice poem.

7. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

It was not the poem that triggered many of the reactions on this thread, IMO. Cherokee, you did the same as I, so you have nothing to apolgize for - well, unless you merged something again...

8. heymom

heymom Member

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

How many of those can I put here?? This is so true. Thousands of children are murdred every year in the U.S. and their photos are posted...nowhere. Their lives are discussed...nowhere. Their deaths are confessed to by...no one. Their graves are visited by...no one.

But this little girl, by dying under these horrible circumstances, in a way, stands for all those other children. Pray for them, too, that their killers are brought to justice.

Heymom

9. INSIGHT

INSIGHT Banned - TOS Violation

Elle and all who feel I did something wrong.

I didn't know her personally. My best friends son was murdered. I see all children the same. As Children. To be Cherished, not as saints. I cry when they are murdered. raped, abused in any other way, abandoned..etc.. I am not attached to JB, But I heard of this when it was on the news, when it first happened and it was Christmas. A child murdered on our Lords birthday, I cried my eyes out. You guys don't know me, I cry when I hear of any child missing, Murdered. I cry for animals being abused and killed and put into fights for $ (Like dog fights).That's just how I'm built. Sensitive. I can't stand the innocent one's being hurt. I am very emphatic I put myself in the others place. I feel their pain or some pain, I have kids and think what if it was them who was murdered, or other things that happen to innocent children. The other night I was looking for more things in the crime photo's. It made me SO MAD they are terrible, How could anything living do that. But the CSP are a part of the case history. I am sorry to make you all angry. I'm not putting her on anything like a princess. That wasn't her, that was her mother. This was not my intention. It's really tough to show love on this forum. You are all strangers, but you are her for the justice of a child. So, I love you for that. Maybe I better stop here, or someone will slam me again for that.

10. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

INSIGHT has inspired me!

Ladies and gentleman, I present to you my new song!
    Presently being recorded at the YumYum Sound Workshop.
    Please sing along following the melody of that timeless Christmas classic "Hardrock, Coco, and Joe".

Ole olady olady I oh
    That's Lacy, and Tracey, and Smit

Now listen my children and you shall hear
    A story fantastic, about someone queer
    It's all about John Karr and his captors three
    There's Lacy, and Tracey, and Smit

Now Smit is the driver, a Delorean his sleigh
    Tracey reads emails and he shows him the way
    Though John Karr really has no need for Lacy
    She comes along cause she's always been crazy

Ole olady olady I ay
    Thai Airways away away
    Ole olady olady I oh
    I'm Lacy, I'm Tracey, I'm Smit

And John Karr is busy with his champagne glass
    He trusts his captors who fly him first class
    Ole olady olady I oh

Now take him to Boulder and throw him in jail
    Who needs DNA with so much email
    But you'll hear the laughter that much I do know
    Twill be at Lacy, and Tracey, and Smit

The 3 little people were feeling so high
    Toasting to John Karr way up in the sky
    Laughing and patting themselves on the back
    It's Lacy, and Tracey, and Smit

Ole olady olady I ay
    Thai Airways away away
    Ole olady olady I oh

Ole olady olady I oh

Ol' Lacy will come in and set down her pack
    And Tracey will wait till indictments comes back
    If you hear a giggle as he turns more red
    It's Lacy, a snowjob,...and Smit!

Ole olady olady I ay
    Thai Airways away away
    Ole olady olady I oh

Ole olady olady I oh

P.S. For those too young to know it, or those too old to remember it, the original Christmas classic can be found here: http://www.rogersbasement.com/Hardrock.htm

11. INSIGHT

Inspiration

How Poetic. Glad to be of assistance for your inspiration. Gee, wizz.

12. Elle

Elle Member

Very clever Blue. I like the tune which I have just heard for the first time. I lived in Scotland, not the U.S. which accounts for not knowing about these three elves. I did see Frosty The Snowman movie a very very long time ago.

I would say you were very talented in the song writing department. :)

13. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

Elle, I glad I exposed you to this Christmas classic. It goes back a LONG time. It was originally a short 3-minute film that used to be shown on various TV shows starting back in the 50's. The song played on the radio during the same time frame and on through the 60's. Too bad they don't expose the little kids of today to this old timeless entertainment.

You can view the original "Hardrock, Coco, and Joe" short film on YouTube at:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=NT5Ohgl7eTM

Have fun!

14. Elle

Elle Member

That was absolutelyfabulous! Now I understand the Ole olady olady I oh part.
    In fact this line suits me very well :) Just wish it had been Ole olman-y olman-y I oh. Gettit gettit? :)

I'll forward this to the two younger grandchildren, seven and five, and all the older ones, including my sons. I think they'll enjoy this. Thanks Blue.

15. Cherokee

I have NEVER heard the song nor seen the video before. Thanks, BluesStrat. The harmony was wonderful.

16. Elle

Elle Member

BluesStrat - and Joe! :)

I forgot to add I loved the deep voice of Joe chiming in at the end. This is a classic, Blue. Thank you, again. Just think all those little characters making all the little children happy all those years ago. Now all these little children have little children of their own. :) It sure is a different world now from way back then. No internet, for starters.

17. INSIGHT

CHILDREN ABUSE IN THE R'S FAMILY- U'R Thoughts?

I feel that both JBR and BR were included in this topic. I'm not sure if it has been discussed before here. I have the BDI Theroies, BUT that is not what I am trying to bringing up here at all. This topic I decided to post because both parents JR and PR had likely disorders that caused the children to be pawns of neglect, crime, lies, cover-up's and more.
    JR- When one parent is usually not there, or too spent at the end of the day, or traveling or running a business, or have more children in another location... you get the drift I'm sure. His prioritories are money and the business as him primary goal in life. Leaving, somewhat if not more, A father-less son. Maybe with-drawn. maybe into nintendo as it is some game you can play alone. Maybe leaving the son board and lonely. maybe he is so confused, as he cannot follow his dad at only 9, yet he does not fit in with mom and JB. Sad.
    PR- Went back to the time she was in the spotlight, when her and JR fell in love. Maybe it sat idol until JBR was born. All that waiting to become alive again! Just like the boost of falling in love, but this time Patsy fell in love with her past. All the pagents, tropies, attention. Maybe she can make her daughter even "Her (Patsy's? ) better self? How glorious to be 4, 5 and 6 again in yor 30's or 40's . To be the best, with a champ (In her own mind)coaching, or what I call Shoving Her forward!! Patsy had "Transferal Intermeshed Longing". FOR HERSELF.

Both kids, same house, one the dream daughter, one the forgotten son. Troubled? Oh Yeah, I know it. Wanting to share the pain by becomming close, maybe.
    But, This family had 2 children that really didn't exist as themselves. Just my thoughts. I must have been so lonely there.

18. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Personally I don't think th echildren were abused intentionally by their parents. Men think providing the money for the home is the ultimate way to show they care and lets face it women respect men who work hard for their family.

Patsy did what alot of mothers do in trying to find what her child was good at and push her child to suceed at it. I can't fault her for that. It's just not the kind of career most of us want for our daughters,cut throat based on beauty and sexuality. But I think Patsy thought she was doing right by JB and really don't we all think that about our children.

I know me and CB have children we support 100% in basketball.There's a possible payoff for them in the future and I think I'm doing right by encouraging them, others may think differently.

That said JB was sexually molested previously and the parents didn't appear shocked or make demands to find out who did this to my child! Who was molesting my daughter. Patsy had the worst reaction I've ever heard of from a parent who'd just been told her murdered daughter had been previously molested while in her care and not just at the time of death.
    That tells me there was intentional,accepted sexual abuse going on in that home. All just my humble opinion.

19. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, Insight, you're right, it seemed Burke was neglected, when Patsy put all her attention on JonBenét, and extracting JonBenét's success as if it was her own. I think Patsy was elated when JonBenét won the crown in any pageant.

20. Elle

Elle Member

I know what you mean about supporting your own children, Freebird. We went to all our boy's soccer games, right through to their university teams. No harm in that.

I agree with you, Freebird. Patsy acted as if it was the first time she had ever heard her daughter had been previously molested. At six years of age, she had to have dried her little daughter coming out of a shower or bath. There still isn't enough information being given out about this incident.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice