When Patsy Dies

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Greenleaf, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Little

Little Member

Cherokee wrote:
    Now that's a peck of suspects - - over 5 1/2 billion served. Geesh - talk about trying to put some distance between you and The Judge.

Little

2. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

You're welcome ... and thank you Greenleaf, and others like Elle, KK and Little, who have publicly been so supportive of my posts. I have learned so much from everyone here, and I feel honored to be amongst such a wonderful and caring group of people.

3. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

The Ramseys threw suspects at the wall like spaghetti, hoping something would stick and draw attention away from themselves. They knew there was no evidence to CONVICT any of the people they named, so they didn't feel there was anything wrong in offering up the names of innocent people.

There was a slightly different scenario regarding Fleet and Priscilla. After the Whites confronted them about not cooperating with the police, the Ramseys had to make the Whites look bad in order to try to lessen the veracity of what the Whites had to say about them. It's the same tactic used by defense attorneys who question rape victims. They try to "dirty" the accuser in some way in order to get the defendent off the hook.

John and Patsy knew what they were doing when they kept trying to name the Whites during questioning by investigators. It wasn't just spaghetti toss, it was intentional smear.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2005
  4. Little

Little Member

Cherokee wrote:
    Yes indeedyo. There was a lot of posturing going on there for quite a while. An "of course they are our friends" out of one side of the mouth followed by blatant name dropping out the other side such as (paraphrased) "Priscilla is someone who would own a stun gun - she's from California". Yea, real subtle John. Then there's the one about how it was Fleet's idea for them to go on CNN - oops.

What I find interesting is how safe they (the Ramseys) felt playing this name dropping game.

Little

5. Elle

Elle Member

May I return your thanks, Cherokee! If there was a VIP list of names who have contributed greatly to the JonBenét case, your name would surely be at the top of the list in my books.

6. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Aw, shucks! All the mushy stuff in here is making this place look like an AA meeting!

OK, that was another stunning post, Chero, so I guess you're entitled....

You know, you have nailed them. The Ramseys knew from minute one they'd never allow "outsiders," LE, people out of their control, to get their hands on them, IMO, and those vaginal injuries tell the story. Whoever or whatever delivered the fatal head blow, it was the vaginal injuries that the Rams knew they had to cover up. An accident is an accident...but the ongoing vaginal injuries...no accident, and a BIG taboo they never intended to ever face responsibility for. Guarding that secret was worth the foul strangulation and sexual violation of JonBenet to them, IMO. That's what the evidence in the autopsy says to me, and that's the sole plausible explanation I can believe would cause them to stick that paintbrush inside of JonBenet.

And I agree that the Ramseys have two different faces. We've seen it dozens of times. They have their public face: oh, poor us, aren't we put upon Job-like Christians the evil world/BPD/media have so wronged? Then there is the face we see when that mask slips: they lie, they throw others to the wolves to save themselves, and they feel perfectly justified in so doing, because they are above the beer can collectors, above the commoners. Why, they've even been specially selected by GOD! It'd be funny if it wasn't all about a very abused and murdered child.

What y'all said about how the Rams wanted to discredit the Whites--that is what the transcript of Thomas Miller's trial reveals Miller believes to be the reason he was targeted by the DA and charged with an obscure offense. Miller had gone on the record with Peter Boyle's show about his evaluation of the ransom note as being written by Patsy. According to the opening statements and argument by the defense during that trial, it was all orchestrated by Haddon's law firm to discredit Miller in case of a trial. I'm going to write about these opening statements on the Miller thread now, so you may want to check it out. It really is stunning, and it reveals even more about how Haddon and the Ramseys were manipulating the legal system of Colorado from the beginning. It was no accident the Rams ended up with Haddon's law firm, I believe, and I gotta' tell you, I think the fact that John worked for Lockheed Martin might have played into this more than we will ever know. And that's nothing more than my own guess about LM, which I consider because LM is one of the most powerful defense contractors in the world. It was so easy for the Rams to get away with this...too easy. But for Steve Thomas quitting and writing his letter to the governor, there never would have been a grand jury, remember. No wonder they all hate Thomas with a vengence. Considering who he was crossing, he's lucky he didn't end up in a basement garroted, IMO.

7. koldkase

Last edited: Nov 15, 2005
  8. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Cherokee,

I have read with much interest what both you and KK have been writing on this thread. It is thoughtful and well developed. Thanks. I do have a comment on something you said a few entries ago. "The Ramseys have successfully misdirected their guilt and anger at everyone else". That is a thought - an overriding thought that I've had from the beginnign of this case. In fact I have mentioned on more than one occasion that I feel that John is the master of misdirection in all that he has done during this case from the beginning. So I was pleased to see that you included that very statement in your analysis. Thanks again.

And I too listened to that call from Tricia on LKL's show. Patsy trying to cover up her blunder by lying once again was so good to see. Having returned from Denver and the presenting of the petition to the Governor with Tricia and our gang I was well aware of her voice. She has a greatest radio voice with her easy speaking manner that is so easy to listen to. It is sonorous (meaning rich and full in sound). Yeah Tricia I really mean it. Good pipes as they say.

9. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

I want to hear it again! Who has the link to the link that linked Tricia to the Ramseys forever?!

RR

10. koldkase

hahaha Little, very funny. But so true.

11. koldkase

12. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Thanks!

KING: Let's take a call for the Ramseys. Salt Lake City, Utah hello.

CALLER: Hi, Larry. Thanks for having me on.

KING: Sure.

CALLER: Mr. Ramsey, you talk about giving back to the community, in your book "Death Of Innocence," you talk extensively about the JonBenet Ramsey Foundation. That foundation was closed, virtually did nothing. Yet in the book, it still says the proceeds from the book sales are going to the JonBenet Ramsey foundation. I wonder if you can explain that. And also, could you please tell everybody that in the civil case, the judge was only presented what Lynn Wood, your civil attorney showed him -- showed her -- and without benefit of the actual police files. I will hang up and listen. Thank you so much.

J. RAMSEY: I'm sorry. I didn't hear the second part of that question. But regarding the foundation we set up for JonBenet in her honor, we did the same for our daughter, Beth, when she died in 1992. It's a compassion that just, I think, flowed out of us. We weren't sure what we were going to do with it, but we wanted to do something to honor her name.

With Beth, our plan was to get the family together once a year and make a decision of what we could do with what we had available to give and make that a family decision. Certainly we set that up with JonBenet. That was our plan as well.

We have done some of that, not to the extent that we hoped. Frankly, we had hoped we could recover substantial damages from a lot of the very slanderous and wrong stories put out there about us. We did recover some things, but most of those were on behalf of our son, Burke. And so we've not yet, I think, done justice to what we had intended in our hearts for that to be.

P. RAMSEY: This week, however, we did present $1,000 worth of scholarships to Mount McSauba Day Camp here in Charlevoix, Michigan, where JonBenet and Burke both attended day camp. JonBenet was the camper of the year one summer. And we were very happy that the foundation was able to provide some scholarship money for campers this year.

KING: How is Burke doing?

J. RAMSEY: Burke's doing great. He's a junior in high school here in our hometown in Charlevoix. He just got his driver's license a couple of weeks ago and has hit the road.

13. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Hitting-the-road seems to be a family pattern!

14. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

15. Elle

Elle Member

Thanks for bringing this part up, Little. Why "indeed" did the Ramseys feel so safe while dropping the names of their closest friends, the Whites? Why, why, why?

Because they were so confident of being above the law with The Hadden team of lawyers?

16. What ever happened to Polly Paugh?

Reading, I noticed (and knew) that Pam was on LK a lot and defending her family. I noticed that Polly, Patsy's other sister hasn't said a word about this? How come? I mean, I know she has a family and all, but I think it's a little weird how she never gave not one interview. I never heard Polly's name once. And, the same goes with Don Paugh as well. Nedra as talked, but not her husband. Almost everyone in the Ramsey family and many friends have talked, but not Polly or Don. I started to think about the whole case and people have been interviewed and mentioned a like on TV and all, but I never see Polly or Don. I just think that's strange. I guess they don't want to get involved? But that's Patsy's sister and father! Even Lucinda and Jeff spoke too.

I don't get it.

L.A 90'

17. Elle

Elle Member

You're right LA, there isn't much talk about Polly or Don. I just remember reading about Pam Paugh raiding the Ramsey home wearing a Boulder Police jacket.

18. wombat

wombat Member

Oh my God I never saw that before. Three things:

1. The zombie next to John seems to be impatiently waiting for an opening to put in her two cents and finally blurts out about a camp scholarship when she can't take it any more. She can't just say they've donated $1000, she has to point out that JonBenet won "camper of the year" at this place. Always competing.

2. John seems to be depressed that alot of the money they've won in lawsuits is in Burke's name, as if they would give that money to charity if they could. Ha! Probably the money's in trust and they can't get to it, but I bet the administrative costs are high.

3. John is leaning about 10 degrees away from Patsy.

19. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Why_Nut for forever saving that bit of video and audio.

I was STUNNED when I got through. Not shocked by John's answers though.

Since he was running for public office my main goal was to show the voters that Ramsey has no follow through. He couldn't even follow through on the promises he made in his daughter's name. How could voters expect him to follow through on the promises he made them?

Oh, how I WISH I could ask Lin Wood or John Ramsey or Patsy Ramsey a few questions. It would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

20. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

OMG THANK YOU Zoomama. You have made my day. What a sweetheart.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice