Where's Johnny?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Spade, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

I think I'm going to have to point out when I am trying to be funny. Sometimes I get misinterpreted. F will mean funny, S will mean serious, SF will mean seriously funny.

This will help Watching You the most.

So this post is an S. No, it's an F. No, it's an ...

Maybe it will be a dltd later.

2. Paradox

That rates an F.

3. Paradox

No, I wasn't, too early. Otherwise that post would have cearly rated and F.

4. heymom

heymom Member

Drinking already, eh? :glug:

5. tylin

tylin Banned

It really doesn't matter. I look forward to reading your post anyway! :) :cool2:

6. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

and more often than not, ounCtuated is spelled with a "c" between the "n" and "t".

(wink-wink-wink)

7. Elle

Elle Member

What happened to the p? :) I can't prononce ounctuated, Moab. :-(

8. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

It's a trick word Elle :)

9. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

wow

My little post generated quite a bit of discussion. Sorry, I don't have a good grasp of punctuation and never have. I didn't think a knowledge of perfect punctuation or spelling was required to post here. Must I check the punctuation each time I choose to post an idea?

10. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

No you don't, Texan. Please don't worry about it one bit. You can put periods anywhere you darn well please. We all have our own style and way we like to abbreviate and punctuate. Paradox picked on you to make a point about his Jean Brodie/Patsy theory. It sounded like he was being petty. I'm not sure of his intent, but if it was to correct you, then he needs to understand that's not his job and it won't be allowed here.

:rs:

11. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Geiger counters for detecting stray commas...

Paradox: “A statement that seems to contradict common sense and yet is perhaps true.â€

Poster Paradox seems to be a paragon of punctuation.

FFJ is a Forum of ideas and not a grammatical Geiger counter for detecting stray commas, and their elite ilk. LOL.

So……in conclusion; I, the epitome of those stray dots and dashes, do…..continue to go forward with my creative ignorance of the King’s English and concentrate on the subject at hand, lest I become so obsessed with the rules and regulations that I forget the purpose of my mission.

Texan, the eyes of Texas (and the grammer police) are upon you. LOL.

:leaf:

12. Elle

Elle Member

I just took it for granted Paradox was a teacher, like you and Jayelles, Cherokee, and he was just being funny, not funny peculiar! :)

13. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

This discussion reminds me of something that was just explained to me by a member of the younger generation:

Apparently, there is/was a video game that, when you lose, tells you "He didn't just beat you, he OWNED you!". This got the younger generation applying the worded "owned" to just about everything possible.

Next came someone making a typo in a large teenage AOL chatroom and they wrote "He PWNED you!". I guess that was so funny that teenage America was now telling each other they were "pwned".

Someone else got creative and turned it into "pwn3d", which I now see on just about every teenager wearing a t-shirt and walking around the mall.

So Paradox, consider yourself PWN3D! :floor:

14. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

lol - thanks for the funny posts. :rolling: I try not to take myself too serious. It makes life simpler.
    If others saw the purpose of the post rather than the grammar then it was worth the constructive criticism, which is noted and will be put to use in the future. TV.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2006
  15. Elle

Elle Member

How boring it would be, Greenleaf, if we were all 100% perfect. :) Having said that, I'm forever pressing the "edit" button and hope the posters will forgive me for my mistooks.:)

16. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Doesn't John co- own this plane? Do we know for sure it is John jet setting around Cleveland, Lansing, etc.......

17. Paradox

I work pro bono.

At least call me picayune, petty is so banal.

And I would be the last, the very last, the very, very last poster to invent some lame way of inserting his theory into each and every discussion. Who do you think I am, BlueCrab?

Btw Cherokee, your post was well constructed, spelled correctly and adequately punctuated.

This post rates an F.

18. Paradox

Ya, let's get back to Johnny wanny poo boy.

This post rates an S.

19. Spade

Spade Member

Sabrina

deleted by spade

Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  20. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

He is back in Charlevoix tonight. He spent a fair amount of time in Grand Rapids the past few days, then popped over to Purdue for a visit with Burke, and came back "home" yesterday. We shall see how long he stays this time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice