Who made this hanging noose?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, Dec 25, 2007.

1. AMES

AMES Member

I am with you on this one KK...I totally agree. This DOES need to be investigated...whether it be a lasso, or a noose....whatever the heck it is...if Patsy Ramsey made it, it just goes to show that she is alot more talented at making things out of rope than alot of people thought. (Acting may not be the ONLY thing that she is good at).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lasso

Lasso
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    For other uses, see Lasso (disambiguation).
    Lariat redirects here. For the wrestling move, see lariat. For the genetic structure, see Splicing (genetics).

A lasso is a loop of rope that is designed to be thrown around a target and tighten when pulled. It is a well-known tool of the American cowboy. The word is also a verb; to lasso is to successfully throw the loop of rope around something. When referring to the entire length of rope used, before or after a loop is formed, the rope itself is more properly called a lariat. Many cowboys simply call it a "Rope."

A lariat is made from stiff rope so that the noose stays open when the lasso is thrown. It also allows the cowboy to easily open up the noose from horseback to releasing the cattle because the rope is stiff enough to be pushed a little. A high quality lasso is weighted for better handling. The lariat has a small reinforced loop at one end, called a hondo, through which the rope passes to form a loop. The other end is usually tied simply in a small, tight, overhand knot to prevent fraying. Most modern lariats are made of stiff nylon rope, usually about 5/16" or 3/8" in diameter.

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/noose

noose
    3 entries found.

noose[1,noun]noose[2,transitive verb]slip noose

Main Entry: 1noose
    Pronunciation: \ˈnüs, British also ˈnüz\
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English nose
    Date: 15th century
    1 : a loop with a slipknot that binds closer the more it is drawn
    2 : something that snares like a noose

FROM AMES: IMO...a noose and a lasso are pretty much the same thing.

2. heymom

heymom Member

But what is the point, anyway? Investigations, shminvestigations, Paty's dead and isn't coming back to life to be indicted. It's all over but the crying, folks. We just like each other, is all, or we'd all go away and do something else. Ain't gonna be no justice for JonBenet, ever. I don't mean to be Debbie Downer, but honestly...

3. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Yeah, you're right, heymom. I ask myself all the time, why can't I just LET THIS GO?

Is it just a bad habit? The pull of the Guttah? Internet insanity?

Maybe all of the above.

But there's something else, too. Like Voyager said when baby Jason's mother was convicted of allowing him to die from abuse, the Ramsey murder was a gift to child abusers EVERYWHERE. It emboldened them to think they, too, can get away with it. That the killer has never been brought to justice only encourages OTHER CHILD ABUSERS, IMO.

So I can't let go of the idea that by writing about this murder, by bringing those who are responsible for the injustice, all the way round, a daily case of heartburn, if nothing else, because WE DON'T JUST GO AWAY and let them all FORGET WHAT THEY DID...well, it's something. Maybe pathetic, maybe not much...but IT'S WHAT WE CAN DO.

And I'll tell you something else: there is A CHANCE that ONE DAY, SOMEONE WILL TALK. It may not happen in our lifetimes; it may not happen before John Ramsey dies, because of the law suit factor. But IT MAY HAPPEN one day. Money is a powerful incentive; selling the truth is nothing new. I don't believe that NO ONE saw or heard or knows ANYTHING about this murder that would be a watershed of truth about who murdered JonBenet. I actually believe that LOTS of people know the truth. Most of them are bound by their legal professions not to tell it, and they never will. But others know. And I hope that one day, they will talk.

JonBenet deserves to have the truth told, to have her life and death witnessed. So if someone talks, I'll be here listening as long as I can. Because you can bet, as has been the case since day one, there will be those who will try to stop that truth from being revealed.

4. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

There has to be a reason why we are still here - and yes - it helps that those here like each other, and although there are other boards that we could stay in communication with each other at, it's really hard for The Last Man Standing for JonBenet, FFJ, to also walk away from her.

However - It might have been possible though for me after Patsy died IF it were not for that EROSION of her daughters hymen......

5. koldkase

That, too, RR!

I often wonder if some little girl, somewhere, is learning about how that happened....

6. heymom

heymom Member

Good point, RR and KK, about people eventually talking. I know we all hope that Burke was NOT involved and that he saw and heard something and will perhaps come forward after his dad passes away...or maybe John will go senile and start talking! Wouldn't that be nice...

The Ramseys did more harm than they will ever realize...from the start...Rashomon said on another thread that the staging and RN was supposed to incriminate Linda Hoffman-Pugh...how despicable of them. Anyone and everyone they could point to, was thrown in front of the bus, to save their sorry arses.

I haven't said this in a while, but Lord, how I hate John and Patsy Ramsey!

7. koldkase

The Ramseys have a lot of karma to play out before their debt is paid. My role, as I see it, is one of civic duty, because justice has been denied and perverted in this case. We can't change the past, nor do we have the power to right the wrongs; we can keep their feet to the fire so they know we aren't ever forgetting what they did--every choice each of them made to subvert justice along the road.

Y'all remember Seeker? She sent me an email and said the rope configuration in the picture is a lariat--badly made. She's going to make one up and send me a picture of it to post.

8. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Badly made is right! I remember Seeker, looking forward to her picture.

9. rashomon

rashomon Member

Some days ago, a die-hard IDI on another forum asked me:
    "Why are you and the rest of the RDI even posting here and at other sites when you have your killers?"
    I replied:
    To me, studying criminal cases has never been primarily about "having the killers". For example, I'm also posting on another criminal case where the convicted killer has been sitting in jail for more than 25 years - Jeffrey MacDonald.
    But just like the JB Ramsey case, this is an immensely interesting case not only from the forensic, but also from the psychological point of view. These cases dig so deeply into what life itself is about that one can learn immensely from them. For example, one can learn what one short moment of rage can irreparably destroy and what effect living in denial over the truth can have on the offender. One can learn how to see through the mask, and also study how easy it is for certain types of offenders (intelligent and charming) to fool others, stringing them along into their "I'm innocent" parallel universe they have constructed for themselves in order to keep going.

And as long as these offenders (or their spouses in the JBR case) keep spouting their lies, we here can speak up for the victims who no longer can speak for themselves.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  10. AMES

AMES Member

Extremely...EXTREMELY well said rashie!!!

11. heymom

heymom Member

If that's a lariat, then the person who made it either ran out of twine (it's a very thin, short rope) or has never seen a lariat, sorry. You need several large coils of rope to make a lariat. The loop on the end is just to catch the steer but you need more rope than that, and it is all coiled up ready to throw. Whatever that thing is, it doesn't qualify as a lariat.

12. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

What an excellent and eloquent post, Rashomon. Patsy did live in denial, just as OJ has lived these past years. It's hard for us to fathom how people can compartmentalize their lives (and psyches) to the point they can remove themselves from their actions. It does not compute with our rational minds, but it is a fact of human nature.

Our lives are filled with illusion. Some of it is intentional; made by us for our own protection, and some of it made by others to manipulate us. "For now we see through a glass darkly; but then we shall see face to face." (From I Corthinthians 13) Patsy's glass was very dark. I believe she was ignorant of her other self, and when it surfaced, she was horrified, and quickly disavowed it's existence. We are all made of darkness and light. There are none so perfect that they have no darkness. Patsy's denial of her own darkness was her undoing. She could not admit there was something unlovely underneath the beauty queen facade, or that her family was anything less than perfection and the American dream personified.

That deep flaw in Patsy's character was the reason for the cover-up and why we are here today. It's amazing that the ripples from Patsy's decision 11 years ago are still being felt today by hundreds, if not thousands, of people who never knew her. If nothing else, what Patsy did is a lesson to all of us that nothing happens in isolation; for every action there is a reaction and a ripple in the universe.

13. Cherokee

That's why I'm still here, and why I think it's important for FFJ to exist. If we didn't keep the flame of truth alive, the Ramseys would have let it die a long time ago. Actually, they would have sued it out of existence.

The Ramseys have tried to cover up what happened to JonBenet from Day One. Their paltry and cover-your-:(:(:( effort at starting the JonBenet Foundation was just that, and nothing more. They did it because that's what grieving parents of a major crime in the media were SUPPOSED to do in order to look like they were doing something for society. As we all know, bereaved parents often start scholarships, or initiate programs, in an effort to not let their child's death be in vain and keep their memory alive.

But what have the Ramseys done? They let the JBR pseudo-foundation die a quiet death. They haven't maintained a web page, or kept a tip line functioning. Not only did they go on CNN five days after JonBenet's death and say the weren't mad at her killer (and they just wanted to move on with their lives), they refused John Walsh's offer to feature the case on America's Most Wanted when the exposure might have helped the case.

What the Ramseys DID do was write a self-serving book about how much THEY had suffered. That's it.

John Ramsey has the energy to fly all over the country in his private plane; most recently to squire around his latest lady love, but he's never put one ounce of that energy into something for JonBenet ... unless, you count looking for the killer on golf courses ala OJ. John Ramsey promised he would spend all of his time and money looking for JonBenet's killer. Well, it obviously didn't take him too long to find that person, because he basically quit before he got started.

I guess you don't have to put much effort into the search when you're living with them.

14. AMES

AMES Member

Amen!!! Well said Cherokee, very well said!!

15. JoeJame

JoeJame member

that was a great post Cherokee.
    Exactly my feelings.
    We do have to be here for a reason. Nothing, even chat on the internet nowadays is just idle chat.....concerning Jonbenet.
    I do believe what we still discuss to this day is worth it.....worth something.

16. koldkase

Bump for the pic if anyone wants to see it again re: discussion at topix

17. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

From KK via Seeker

lariat

Attached Files:

18. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

From KK via Seeker

steer rope

Attached Files:

19. koldkase

Thank you so much Seeker. I think I can see what you're saying.

And thank you Moab, for posting these for us. Now if only we could have the original "Roundup" pic on the same post to compare.... How would one do that, I wonder, I wonder...? :bateye:

20. Cherokee

Here you go, my sweet.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice