Who Ordered an American Girl Doll, in the Name of JonBenet, on January 1st 1997?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Little

Little Member

Well, after all Sabrina, it's not as if this could possibly be of more importance to the investigation as somone's used underwear!

Little

2. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Little, that would depend on what part of the country you're from! LOL

3. Little

Little Member

Thanks Deja - that clears that up!

4. Elle

Elle Member

To be fair you state (?). I strongly disagree with you. Not one item should have been removed from the Ramsey home. It was a crime scene. Nothing is removed from a crime scene. The Ramseys were allowed to remove many items. This was wrong. The Ramseys were given too much leniency here. They had a nerve asking for items from their home after their daughter had been found dead, and the house declared a crime scene, complete with the yellow tape which warns the public it has been cordoned off.

5. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Yep, I totally agree, Elle. So much for not wanting to interfere with a criminal investigation.

6. sue

sue Member

There is nothing you wrote that I disagree with. That's why I put "fair" in quotes. The Ramsey family has basically called anything that is not seen their way "unfair persecution" of them. They can do it to other people (DOI is full of things that they would be labeling "unfair persecution" if it was said about them, but they seem to think they can say whatever they want).

I think from the time of the 911 call on, it was not handled correctly. Does anyone know if the 911 operator tried to call them back after Patsy hung up? (I need to go back and re-read PMPT)
    In other situations I've heard of, if the call ends (especially without the person on the calling end saying goodbye), 911 would call back to see why the phone was hung up. What an interesting 911 recording that would have been!
    I do see that the family might have asked to have some things from their home for the memorial service, (I can't see denying a family the right to bury their child with her favorite stuffed toy, even if they were responsible for her death), BUT anything taken out should have been on a list of specific items that they submitted to have removed. The item(s) should also have been collected by the police, examined, photographed, and checked over firts/determined if they were important to the investigation by the investigators. You don't just let outside people traipse all over your crime scene. And, it appears more than one person - since the quote from DOI, page 40 that LurkerXIV posted indicated the Priscilla White somehow get ahold of the correct stuffed cat:

7. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Coffin

A poster at WS pointed this out about the items inside the coffin:-

S carf
    B racelet
    T iara
    C ross

Spooky.

8. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Oh, now they are saying money orders can be traced.

But that's only to where they were purchased and deposited. Not WHO purchased it.

Anyone can walk off the street and buy a money order at a 7/11 with cash. No I.D. necessary. Can say it's from Donald Duck.

I don't know if this doll thing means anything, but it certainly should have been looked into. IF someone sent it to JonBenet at Access Graphics as a hoax, I would think that would be VERY significant to those believing in the intruder theory. Why wouldn't John notify the authorities about this? It could have come from the "real killer"....history has shown that "real" killers often will torment the victims' families and send letters, trophies,symbols, etc. So WHY wouldn't John have reported this if he did not order it?

The absence of cord or duct tape in the home does not mean that it was brought in and taken out by an intruder. Anyone who thinks this is "evidence" pointing to an intruder has a screw loose.

9. sue

sue Member

I've bought enough money orders in my life to be able to say with certainty that a money order can't be tied directly back to the purchaser. No ID is asked for and you are required to pay with cash (they don't want to take a chance that you are paying for the money order with a bad check or stollen credit card). There is a place to put in the name of the person it is payable to (in this case, it would have been payable to American Girl).
    They would be able to trace what store it came from and probably from the cash register record, when it was bought (I haven't bought one for a while, but I remember some other step - like maybe a book they logged in the sale too), but since it was a cash sale, nothing else. They could probably look at security video if it was a few days after the fact, but I think most places record over those after 24 hours or so if they didn't know of a reason to save them longer.
    Yes, I would think it was very strange no matter who sent it.
    Yes, maybe what was used in the crime was all that was in the house, so there was none brought in and none left.

10. sue

sue Member

I was trying to get up to speed on things and found a post by Little on page one on this thread (
    http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5481 )
    that is really creepy when combined with the information about the dolls:

If they were looking for drawstring or shoe lace cord, that is very similar to the type of cord used in the dolls. I would call it, light colored string-like material if someone asked me to give a very complete description of it. That would also make me think the cord is not completely flat (like decorative braid) because I don't think they would have been looking for drawstring or shoelace then. They would have described it as flat (definately not as "string type").
    If there was more than one doll, each doll could "provide" about 20 inches+ of cord. I'm not going to test this by taking the string out of my dolls, but I don't think the head would fall off if the string was removed, as long as you could keep the cloth around the dolls neck tight (maybe with the dolls clothing or a small piece of duct tape).

11. sue

sue Member

I can't search for the word "wig" because a 3 letter word is too short, but I remember reading about police interviews where they asked about wigs.
    What do we know about the wig?

One thing I can tell you about America Girl dolls is that most people think of dolls with rooted nylon hair. These dolls have high quality hair on a wig base that is glued onto their heads. The hair used in their wigs is the same trype used in synthetic wigs made for humans, very fine - not particularly shiny. If you just had a hair, I think it would not be possible to distinguish this doll wig hair from a wig made for humans. They have long hair, but the ones with bangs would also have short hairs.

12. messiecake

messiecake Member

OMG! That is beyond spooky!!!!!!!!!!!
    ::shocked2

13. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

This entire thread is incredible!!

IMO, the dolls were taken for the same reason Patsy asked a friend to retrieve the black 'jeans' she wore to the Whites on Dec. 25. To round up any material that could be used to compare and match to fibers on JonBenet's body.

I'm having a hard time finding the part in ST's book that says a friend of Patsy's told him this and the friend could only say 'she really loved those jeans' when ST asked why on earth, of all the pairs of pants she owned, would she want those specific ones? I recall Patsy boasting in DOI about how a Denver clothing store sent her stuff for the funeral, I believe Susan Stine helped her go through it; so what would she even need them for unless she was being considerate of the fact that they were the origin of fiber evidence that they could provide to the police??

I also want to mention that the doll ordered on January 1, 1997 in JonBenet's name could have been a replacement doll for the one that was dismantled to stage the murder.

14. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Sorry, tempester,

That innocent excuse will not fly. Patsy's Christmas outfit was new, I surmise, as Patsy stated that Priss White had the same jacket, and neither of these ladies would be seen dead in last year's outfit. The only way your defense argument would work is if Patsy was running aaround Christmas week repairing old dolls, when JonBenet had several new ones awaiting her on Christmas day. This, too, is an unlikely scenario.

15. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Little

You wrote:

"The warrant listed cord such as draw strings from pants and shoe laces. This is quite a difference from the rope that Lou Smit tries to pitch in his CTV commercial. Things that irritate the heck out of me: no one made a public statement that this was misleading at best, but in my opinion a deceitful tactic condoned by people who should be held to a higher standard. "

Today, CBS set a precedent for holding it semployees to a higher standard by firing four key employees involved in the Dan Rather-GW Bush National Guard slanderous report.

We should send some emails to CBS about looking into the standards at 48 Hours, and especially at employee Erin Moriarty, for fostering false and misleading information on the JonBenet murder case. Also the producers of the Ramsey segments on 48 Hours.

EasyWriter has tried, but has not gotten anywhere with CBS. In light of their new policy, perhaps we should all try again to get the Ramsey misinformation off of the CBS broadcasts.

16. sue

sue Member

If CBS doesn't act on this, then they are using a double standard.

For the rope, it never did make sense to me that the rope was "proof" of an intruder. If an intruder brought the rope in, why? What purpose would the rope have?
    And this particular "intruder" didn't even bring things that were needed for the "kidnapping" (paper, pen), so why bring a rope? Just in case it would come in handy?
    I think that points more to the rope being a red herring than a sign of an intruder.

17. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

I think this is more a CYA show cause they were busted than any real changes at the network. But good luck with trying anyway.

18. Little

Little Member

A Google search of JonBenet duct tape on 1-10-05 brings up:
    Results 1 - 10 of about 555 for JonBenet duct tape
    Results 11 - 20 of about 2,730 for JonBenet duct tape
    Etc.

The duct tape is important to this case, it’s a piece of the puzzle we all keep trying to put together.
    Little

19. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

FFJ'ers this is a great piece of evidence. It really is. Just the duct tape alone along with the new doll being delivered to Access Graphics is big enough for the authorities to look into.

Now what?

Jahazafat already told us her father helped her contact the proper authorities in Boulder and nothing was done.

However Tom Bennett is now in charge. Do we pass this along to him? Would it do any good?

It really sucks knowing something like this and having zero faith that anything will be done with it.

20. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Tom Bennett

Just speaking for myself--I don't trust him. He was appointed by Keenan. Boulder DA's office is part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Maybe you could send it to the Governor's staffer, who received you all so graciously when you visited the Capitol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice