Who Ordered an American Girl Doll, in the Name of JonBenet, on January 1st 1997?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

LurkerXIV, that was my thought. The Gov. said he would consider appointing a special prosecutor if new evidence came to light. I think this is new, even though it was reported long ago, nothing was done about it. Perhaps this is what we take to the Gov. this April. Hmmm

2. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I don't know who ordered the American Doll, but I just put in an application to adopt this pug which was found in the next town over almoststarved to death

Attached Files:

3. Elle

Elle Member

Sue, every time I think of Pam Paugh in a Boulder Police jacket I get as angry as Steve Thomas did when he was writing his book. The female officer, Angie Chromiak told Steve later when she showed up at Tin Cup Circle for a security shift, she was ordered by police headquarters to ferry Pam Paugh over to Fifteenth street to collect some clothing for Patsy and John for the funeral.

I think the worst part of this scene is Pam Paugh donning a police jacket complete with badge and patches, as a disguise to hide from the media. Steve Thomas "JonBenét" PB page 56 and 57.

Chromiak asked Detective Everett if he was checking all that was going out. His reply. "You don't worry about it."
    Steve listened with total disbelief.

Good question. I believe it is normal procedure for 911 operators to call back for confirmation. I vaguely remember something, but hopefully your question will be answered by someone.

4. Tricia

OMG He is so CUTE. He looks like me so will you name him Trasha? Thank you.

Now, about the American Doll. Brainstorming here. I'll be PM'ing some of you for help. Don't want to make it public right now but I do have a plan. Scary when I turn on my brain I know :chicken:

5. BobC

It's a "he," Fishia.

6. Elle

Elle Member

Little,
    The store clerk states she helped Patsy find duct tape in December 1996. This may have been for sealing the back of the canvas which Pam Paugh removed. I use a frame gun myself, which fires small metal diamond shape pins to hold the canvas secure; then I have to tape over this, because the edges are sharp. Some artists use duct tape. some use broad masking tape. Every artist has a roll of some kind of tape, and I find it very unusual that none was found in Patsy's art kit, or anywhere in the Ramsey home. Even most of us have a roll in the garage or basement for many other purposes.

I would have thought the absence of any kind of tape was a red flag waving.

7. Tricia

BobC, this poor dog looks like he is gender confused which is why "Trasha" would work just fine.

Don't start with me mister.

8. BobC

Yipes!

9. Tricia

EXACTLY Elle.

I have mentioned to you all before that I have heard that there was more staging around JonBenet than we have been told and it had to do with dolls.

Is it possible that one of the dolls used in the staging was an American Girl doll? If so wouldn't that have been taken into evidence?

Is it really possible that the American Girl doll from which the duct tape was taken to cover JBR's mouth could have also been used in the staging? If that's the case there shouldn't be any way Aunt Pam was able to get that doll right?

If the doll wasn't used in the staging then I can see where Aunt Pam could carry it out.

So many possibilites.

10. Thor

Thor Active Member

Tricia, you said:

I have mentioned to you all before that I have heard that there was more staging around JonBenet than we have been told and it had to do with dolls.

This is the first I've heard of this! Do you know any more about this? Where did that come from? I also believe there is something to this doll stuff, and think Jaz is on to something.

11. Tricia

I have heard about the extra staging from several people. People I trust. People who are not directly case players but, for reasons I won't go into, have had access to information in the past. I can't confirm it 100 percent but would anyone be surprised at this?

There are still things we don't know. If Patsy took the time to wrap JBR in her blanket I can see her going the extra mile to have a few of her favorite things around her in that cold room.

Somehow, the dolls play a big part in this, but what part I don't know.

12. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

I thought all of the American Girl Dolls were removed by Pam Paugh? Is this accurate or were only a couple taken? And did she bring a U-Haul with her?
    I think it's very possible that at least one doll was dismantled for the cord and possibly the tape as well. If it was a new doll, I think there might have been a little extra cord around the dolls neck if it was still in the package (see photo below) And maybe Patsy bought JonBenet a My Twinn to play with an strictly bought the American Girls to collect, they all do represent specific periods in history.

[​IMG]

13. ACandyRose

ACandyRose Super Moderator

Thanks Jahazafat !

And thanks Tricia for posting her story.

Jahazafat had posted some of this two plus years ago but evidently changed her mind at that time as to how much she was going to post about it and she deleted her postings. I had copied those postings from two years ago prior to them being deleted and Jahazafat contacted me asking me not to make her information public at that time so for the past two plus years I have kept her secret.

I am happy that at this time she can reveal her information and thank you Tricia for giving her her forum to hear her voice.

ACR
    ======================================================

14. sue

sue Member

We haven't gotten an American Girl doll in a while, but I recall the dolls either being attached to the box with a rubber band or tied in with a piece of white satin ribbon (not cord). I'm pretty sure the ribbon is what was used. They were packed very elegantly, so I can't imagine that they would have changed from ribbon to cord.

I noticed on the first post in this thread, it says A separate search had shown an order for a Samantha doll sent to Patsy in Charlevoix in July 1996.
    I didn't see anywhere what doll was delivered to Access Graphics in Jan 1997. Does anyone know?
    It's possible that 2 replacement dolls were needed, but one of the dolls was out of stock, so only one doll was ordered. I know that the Samantha doll was most popular and was sometimes out of stock around Christmas from when my own girls were little and from friends who ordered dolls over years. I know if you order with credit card, you could order backordered items (they would just hold the credit card order or something until the item came back in stock). I'm pretty sure they would not do that with checks or money orders because the company would have to do a refund then.
    That would not surprise me in the least either.

15. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Hi Sue, I went back to the site that I found the image at and it's actually a donation from Pleasant Co. for an auction, maybe since it's a donation they didn't take the same measures to wrap it. I had no idea they were packaged so delicately, that's something to think about too... Do they by any chance use white tissue paper to wrap the dolls in??

I don't know about the doll being delivered, but if this is true, it's highly possible that the Samanta doll was ordered as a replacement. According to http://curtdanhauser.com/AG_Collecting/Sam.html Samantha was one of three dolls that launched the collection in 1986.

Very true, OR she could have had someone else order her one, I wonder if Jahazafat happened to see that lunatic Susan Stine in there anywhere...

And we all know how much Patsy LOVES to use her credit cards!!

I see what you're saying, she could have called to order more than one but was told one wasn't in stock so she still ordered the one available but another order was waiting to be processed and would have been when more of the dolls were ready.

16. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Aww, I didn't see this earlier? Was this pic there three hours ago? That poor little guy would be lucky to get you for an owner after such a hard time, good for you Bob, I hope your application is approved because he sure looks like he could use a good home. Good luck with that.

17. sue

sue Member

From what I've read, Samantha was most popular because of her time period (Victorian) and the little girls liked her clothes the best. The first 3 dolls were Samantha (a Victorian girl of 1904), Kirsten (a late 1800s pioneer from Sweden) and Molly (a girl from 1944). Since she represents a rich Victorian girl, Samantha has the best "stuff" (clothes and little furniture).
    The stuff comes packed pretty nice (or at least it used to) because people spending that much money ($60 doll beds, > $100 doll clothing trunk) have certain expectations. If I remember right, the dolls were wrapped with a paper that was a little heavier than tissue paper. I think it had an American Girls logo printed in a pattern on it in burgundy ink.

American Girl was bought by Mattel in 1998, so things might be different now than they were in 1996. Since the beginning of the company in the late 1980s, they have donated dolls/accessories. For those sales, some of the dolls wer not packed as well (a lot of the stuff is seconds).

18. Elle

Elle Member

Tricia,

I wouldn't be surprised at anything strange relating to Patsy and John Ramsey. Between Patsy and her morbid thoughts about the Twinn doll, and the purple ribbon on her tree etc. However, the Grand Jury did not find anything strange going on with the Ramseys which shocks me. From their strange behaviour, and lies.

I would like to have known more about the Grand Jury selection; as to who influenced them to acquit the Ramseys, when they were interviewed for jury service (?). I wonder who the others were who weren't chosen. This part was all hushed up. I almost feel this Grand Jury was bought, but we'll never know, will we? I would like to tell them all they didn't do a good job and should be ashamed of themselves. Don't know how they can sleep at night.

19. Catfish

Catfish Member

"...a strand of animal fur was found on the duct tape used to cover the murdered girl's mouth." http://slate.msn.com/id/2734/

"... the FBI lab identified a possible beaver hair on the tape..." http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/extra/ramsey/0411thoma.shtml

A very intriguing thread. I wonder if the animal fur found on the tape may have come from an American Girl doll accessory; possibly from a doll's coat or hat.

The only American Girl doll accessories that I've found on the internet that advertise fur use faux fur today.

Was real animal fur used in the manufacture of American Girl doll clothing in 1996?

20. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

I've been doing some reading and the American Girl dolls and accessories are like a tiny little real world, the furniture is just amazing for teeny stuff, I can see why it's so expensive.

This link is a pic of the older Samantha (Pre Mattel) in the box, it doesn't look like she's packed properly, but note the white tissue paper, it just eerily reminds me of JonBenet being wrapped in her white blanket; crazy, I know.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15989&item=5550231108&rd=1&tc=photo

I do see the differences in packaging, so many examples can be found on ebay if you just type in "American Girl Doll" and "In Box" there are two hundred there right now; the pre-Mattel dolls are a lot more expensive but some are still in the box too, and the packaging is much different now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice