Who Ordered an American Girl Doll, in the Name of JonBenet, on January 1st 1997?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jan 7, 2005.

1. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Hope this isn't too off topic...

Page 254 DOI paperback
    "..I lifted the lid slowly. The doll lay silently in the long white box with her eyes closed. For a split second, I had a horrible feeling. The beautiful doll with golden hair looked like JonBenet lying in a coffin! I was so shocked that I caught my breath. I had to blink several times. It was a momentary, but horrible, feeling...."

My Twinn Doll's eyes don't close, but American Girl dolls do.

This is a My Twinn doll lying down, her eyes are still open but since they aren't really all that visible I added one more pic of My Twinn doll eyes below.

Below is the same doll up close.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2005
  2. VP

VP Member

Now THAT is what I call sleuthing!!! WTG Just.

3. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Thanks VP!
    Isn't this weird? She's super dramatic so there's the chance that she lied about the premonition, or trying to create the impression that she was psychic or somehow predicted JonBenet's murder?

Also--I'm looking for the image I sent to DejaNu for this comparison, it's way better than the last one up there, the entire box is visible. Still looking for a My Twinn box.--New Pic Added

4. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Hey Catfish. Good to see you posting.

Patsy owned a pair of beaver hair boots. There was one picture of Patsy in her boots in a tabloid long ago. I am sure this is where the beaver hair came from. She may have owned a beaver coat as well.

5. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Hi Elle,

Unfortunately we don't know what the Grand Jury was thinking because we don't know if Hunter even asked them to vote for or against an indictment. Hunter worded his announcement about the Grand Jury so carefully that no one can say for sure if they even voted.

Hunter had the power, at the end of all the testimony, to say to the Grand Jurors, "Thank you for you time. Goodbye." Hunter was not required to ask them to vote. Because of secrecy laws the Grand Jurors are not allowed to talk about what happened.

Once again Hunter sleazes his way through a tough call.

6. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

There is an American Girl Doll in JonBenet's arms, it's the Samantha Doll, which according to Jahazafat, was ordered and shipped to Charlevoix, Michigan in July 1996.

[​IMG]

Below is a pic of Samantha (in pretty bad condition) Pre-Mattel according to the ebay seller.

[​IMG]

Comparing the hair in both photos, the hair in the pic of JonBenet is much nicer looking, if the doll was JonBenet's that could mean it was fairly new and further provide us with a rough date of when the photo was taken.

It's not much, but it's interesting to note that she's wearing the same pair of 'jelly sandals' that she can also be seen wearing during the photo shoot where she's wearing the Beatrix Potter 'looking' dress standing next to a tree.

Talking about shoes, did anyone else notice that Burke wears the same pair of brown loafers in most of the photographs that show his feet?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2005
  7. VP

VP Member

Right Tricia - here is what the Rocky Mountain News wrote:

"JonBenet inquiry ends with nothing
    Boulder DA announces grand jury won't indict anyone in Christmas '96 slaying of the 6-year-old

By Charlie Brennan
    Denver Rocky Mountain News Staff Writer

BOULDER -- There was no justice for JonBenet Ramsey on Wednesday.

The grand jury that had investigated her murder for the past 13 months finished its work and went home.

And then Boulder County District Attorney Alex Hunter announced that he didn't have enough evidence to charge anyone in the brutal slaying of the 6-year-old girl who, in death, captured hearts around the world.

Hunter would not say whether he asked the eight women and four men on the grand jury to vote on a possible indictment in the Christmas 1996 murder.

It's possible he did not request a vote or that jurors voted not to issue a "true bill," or even that they voted in favor of an indictment but Hunter refused to sign it."

8. VP

VP Member

Where? Where is the picture?

I looked everywhere for the box too - nothing. I read one article that said they come in a cardboard box marked with the words, "My Twin Doll" on the outside.

9. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

I'll email it to you

10. sue

sue Member

Another possible way for the hair to have gotten on one of the Ramseys is at the party. Every winter party I've been at, people pile coats onto a bed. Even if you have ample closet space and can put all the coats into a closet, the coats will be close together. Since fur kind of sticks to everything, it could eassily stick to one of the Ramsey's coats and from there, transfedr onto their other clothing.
    I can't see the photos of JonBenet with the doll. It must be hers though, why would the photographer have one otherwise?
    The nice hair just might mean she didn't play with it much, was very carfeul, wasn't allowed to style the hair herself, etc. My niece got a Molly doll for Chrsitmas one year and by New Years, the hair looked like a rat's nest. My daughter played with hers a lot and the hair still looks mint.
    (Also the seller in the ebay auction may just have not combed the hair. I've bought dolls on ebay with really bad looking pictures and the real life doll had great hair, but uncombed).

11. sue

sue Member

The only fur I know about is from Kirsten (another doll in the series). She has a pair of grey cats. I think now they are made of fake fur, but they used to be made of real fur. But, the ones we have are really soft fur, not like beaver.
    I have seen non-American Girl coats made to fit dolls that size made of fur, mostly mink.

12. Elle

Elle Member

Originally Posted by Tricia
    Tricia, Don't know if this adds anything, but I remember John Ramsey in DOI writing JonBenét wore a pair of boots with animal trim. Whether this was real fur or imitation, I don't know (?).

Edited to add, this was when he was talking about JonBenét rebelling against Patsy's choice of outfit for
    the White's party.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2005
  13. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, Tricia, Alex Hunter should have had more strength of mind and charged the Ramseys when Steve Thomas gave him the chance.

Yes, I know about the security of any jury. It was wishful thinking on my part to know who they all were, and why some were rejected. I'm sure the RST went through their choices with a fine tooth comb. So ... nothing was leaked during this procedure (?). It's just unbelievable how everything seems to have gone the Ramsey way, until
    the Fox suit came up a "first."

Thank you for the Rocky Mountain article VP.

14. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you JIC for proving that Patsy Ramsey lies through her teeth. It probably took her all of two seconds to concoct the premonition story. She can rattle up the stories in a flash. Even win the talent award in beauty competitions too, by rattling up another speech overnight when she was denied the copyright for the one she liked to do in the "Prime of Miss Jean Brodie." Quite talented with ransom notes too!

I sincerely hope someone from LE sees your latest photos here JIC. Good for you! What will Patsy's reply be? "I must have got the dolls mixed up." (?).

15. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Here is the pic JIC sent me.

Attached Files:

16. Niner

Niner Active Member

So they CAN identify one animal hair and not the other ones? wonder why?? Nowadays you can match cat, dog, etc. hairs! I've seen it on Forensic Files!! :cheerful:

Identical??

So I take it - NO PRINTS?? or did they even say... keeping it under wraps perhaps??

17. Little

Little Member

You'll just have to take this for what it's worth, and it may not be worth a hoot! :)

18. messiecake

messiecake Member

Tricia,
    Thank you for bringing up "staging we haven't heard about" as that's something that's always bugged me due to a comment by John Walsh.
    John Walsh made a comment about John Ramsey having to "cut JBR down" or something to that effect imitating that JBR was perhaps staged hanging.

I have never understood why his comment has not drawn more comments/questions.

I have the upmost respect for John Walsh,don't feel he's a liar and I know he is indeed privy to "inside information" from various LE sources so it's not like he'd pull that assumption of different staging than is commonly known out of thin air.........

I hope at some point Tricia you can share your info with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive always thought too much attention was/is paid to the note-what a red herring!- the "real" evidence/clues were always there it was just a matter of finding them.I think that has finally happened (with ,once again,said evidence pointing right back to the Ramsey's!!!!!)

LET"S KEEP THIS GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. sue

sue Member

Another thing I thought of that might be helpful is that the American Girls dolls were not actually manufactured by The Pleasant Company (that was the name of the company; the main product was American Girls). The dolls were made for Pleasant Company by Gotz (a German toy company).
    http://www.gotzdolls.com/
    If any company was likely to keep good records of what type of cord they used, it would be a German company.
    I wonder what JonBenet's grey and white stuffed cat was made of? And is the "dark animal hairs" actually "fur"(which I've seen in some stuff) and is the "fur" actually animal fur, or could it be "fake fur"

20. Little

Little Member

Not that I can think of any way of finding out, but I have wondered what the actual brush on the paint brush was composed of. I did some searches a while ago and there are a variety of animal hairs used in the manufacturing of them.

Little

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice