Why does Lacy have a problem prosecuting baby killers? The Midyette Case

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Spade, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Cool!!!!! May O'Reilly be feisty and ready to question Lacy's incompetence.

2. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

3. Spade

Spade Member

Sabrina

Crime Library has an excellent article on the case.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/or...to_Boulder.html

Thanks Sabrina. There are many similarities between JonBenet Ramsey and Jason Midyette but the one that really matters is that their parents are more interested in CYA than in accounting for their child's death.

When that happens and you have DA's like Hunter and Lacy representing the public interest; you leave children open to exploitation or murder. In a community like Boulder with a high level of education it is hard to understand why people don't understand this.

4. Carol

Carol Member

Sabrina, I e-mailed O'Reilly earlier this evening, also. Hopefully if enough people urge him to look into what's going on in Boulder, he will do a segment. Maybe even invite Tricia on the show.

5. heymom

heymom Member

They understand what they want to understand. They are great representations of the liberal mindset. Education doesn't mean morality nor common sense. They have a mental disorder.

Heymom

6. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

"Sabrina, I e-mailed O'Reilly earlier this evening, also. Hopefully if enough people urge him to look into what's going on in Boulder, he will do a segment. Maybe even invite Tricia on the show."

Talk about hitting two birds with on stone.

7. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Let's email Greta and Nancy Grace too.

8. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

am amazed you have all missed the obvious....

surely it was an intruder !!

Sad, so little justice for those that need it the most... the innocent..the child -victims :-(

9. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Damn fine idea!

10. Spade

Spade Member

March 3, 2006

Since this article is the last attention the Boulder paper has paid to this, I will give it an update:

Case slow to build in death of baby
    Legal experts: Police need time to do thorough investigation

By Christine Reid, Camera Staff Writer
    July 30, 2006

It has been nearly five months since 10-week-old Jason Midyette, suffering from 28 broken bones, died from his injuries.

It has been SEVEN months since 10-week-old Jason Midyette, suffering from 28 broken bones, died from his injuries.

It's been a week since the Boulder County coroner ruled his death a homicide.

It's been TEN WEEKS since the Boulder County coroner ruled his death a homicide.

And there have been no arrests.

And there have been no arrests.

Police and prosecutors say the investigation is ongoing. And legal experts say such cases can take time.

DITTO

Louisville detectives and the Boulder County District Attorney's Office began investigating the case as a criminal act shortly after Jason arrived at Boulder Community Foothills Hospital on Feb. 24. A radiologist reported that Jason's broken bones — including a skull fracture — were "highly suspicious for nonaccidental trauma," according to a police search warrant for the Midyettes' Barbara Street home.

DITTO

Jason's parents — Alex Midyette, 26, and Molly Midyette, 27 — have declined to speak to police, and each has retained a different lawyer.

DITTO

11. Lol, you mean "some puerto rican guy"?

The "liberal mindset"?

I'm no tree-hugger, but sheesh... I wouldn't blame their stupidity on the "liberal mindset"... they're just stuck up creeps.

12. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

They're a bunch of pinheads with no real sense of justice.

But I think bureaucratic inertia is the main villain. Too much interest in maintaining the status quo. After all, Mary Lacy didn't really get elected so much as she succeeded the not-so-great King Alex.

13. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

The Lineup on Fox just featured a segment on this cased called "Another Boulder Blunder?"

The reporter who wrote an article for Crime Library was on.

It reruns in 2 or 3 hours.

Thanks, Fox and The Lineup for featuring this case. No one else is mentioning it. I personally think it's pretty incredible, 27 broken bones, the parents had a lawyer with them when they brought the baby to the hospital, there was no nanny and the parents haven't even been interviewed, and the baby died last March.

14. Show Me

Dr. Ross Reichard, a medical investigator from New Mexico, reported finding "traumatic injuries of varying ages."
    Dr. Robert Keyser from the University of Colorado found evidence of hemorrhaging in the baby's eyes.
    Dr. Peter Bullough, with the Hospital for Special Surgery, connected to Cornell University, discovered evidence of healing fractures that were first made 2 to 3 weeks before Jason Midyette died.

Dr. Bullough and a special diagnostic lab associated with the University of Washington found no evidence whatsoever of brittle bone disease.

From the Crime Library report!

I'm afraid another set of parents getting away with murder....after all Crazy Lacy doesn't DO child crimes.

15. Show Me

Don't know if anyone has posted this yet.http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/1006/1801_midyette.html

Boulder's Dithering D.A.: Denying Justice for Slain Infant

By Chuck Hustmyre

NOTE: Boulder Daily Camera contributed to this report

BOULDER, Colo. (Crime Library) — Doctors at Children's Hospital in Denver unplugged 10-week-old Jason Midyette from life support on March 1. Two days later, he died. The cause of death: brain damage from a fractured skull. The 27 other broken bones he suffered before his parents brought him to the hospital were just "lagniappe," a little something extra someone decided to inflict on the underweight infant.

His parents said they brought him to the hospital because he looked "lethargic."

According to Boulder County Coroner Tom Faure, Jason's death was a homicide.

So far, District Attorney Mary Lacy can't find anyone worth prosecuting. Jason Midyette's killer—or killers—is still walking free

Mary Lacy you are the scum of the earth!!!!!!!

16. Show Me

The article goes on to say other 'poor or middle class' people or their nannies were charged in other infants deaths.

But geezzzzzzz if you are rich and powerful, you CAN get away with killing your child 'cause Lacy is a coward.

Apparently Lacy believes 'rich' people don't kill their children, only the poor do.

How this woman can live with herself is beyond me!!!!!

17. Tez

Tez Member

This absolutely infuriates me. WTF is wrong with Lacy?

And interviewing DeMuth, please....That's just insane. He has no clue about anything unless something is stolen, then he can prosecute. But, murder is foreign to him. Look at how well he defended the Ramsey's when he worked in the DA's office. Heck, he was on thier side, not the victim, JonBenet's.

How many more years does Lacy have to serve? I am sure Trip will run next. He's a complete shoe-in for Boulder style justice. I need a handful of valium now.....

18. Show Me

Lacy is the worst DA in history IMO....her time is up soon and of course another RAMSEY SPONSORED puppet will be appointed to continue to serve under John Ramsey.

I have no confidence in DeMuth or Bennett, but I believe the deluded citizens of Boulder will vote them in....hopefully one of them will actually do a little investigating on their own and not rely on the unreliable nutty professor.

Political corruption is rampant in Boulder....but only a few speak out against it.

19. Carol

Carol Member

Sabrina, I turned on the TV to Fox's "The Lineup" and caught the Baby Jason story in the middle. I remember a defense attorney (can't remember his name) saying that they can't arrest both parents because the authorities aren't sure which one did it. But then the prosecutor (Pam Bondi?) said that the DA should have both mother and father arrested and charged then, as they are sitting in prison, offer one of them a deal to tell the truth of what happened to Jason. I wish I had seen the whole thing.

20. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Trip was defending these scumbags way back.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice