Why is Wood wanting more air time for a "Patsy Story"

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Sep 27, 2002.

1. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Well for the teaser to state it could change someones mind...that just reitterates the whole world knows Patsy is good for it...if they are expecting anyone to change their mind...just sayin'

And if it works in reverse, and by watching Patsy's performance in the interrogation tapes...maybe some of the RST will switch to the "correct" side of the fence....maybe if we play it backwards we will hear a subliminal message...who knows...

Sounds like they are hating other actual abductions getting more attention, and they are just trying the even the playing field...after all, other than an ugly pic of Patsy in the tabs...their camp has been upstaged by "all" other news...

Last edited: Oct 1, 2002
  2. Mandarin

Mandarin Member

WY, Amen

Gosh WY, you really said it all. Like you, I'm gonna try real hard to miss the 48 hrs propaganda.

Lin Wood, as we all know, is dangling all the strings for this puppet show.

God, I feel like throwing up. As for Cookie, well I have to agree with you 100%. I too, found it strange that she was asking for privacy from people who were not, to my knowledge, invading her privacy in any way. I'm totally clueless on that one.

Regards,
    Mandarin

3. JR

JR FFJ Senior Member

Sounds like...

More of SitNSpin's non existent intruder theory to me. I am with WY - no point in watching respin of all the past spin. Got better things to do with my time.

4. Mels

Mels Member

Guess it's time to pull out the chit shields...I can hear the fan motors whining already.

Mels

5. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

How many times?

Have we heard that phrase - "it may change your mind" - when the Rams are given air time?

I will admit being wide open to that happening way back when...

Then the Ramseys gave their permission to show the world the pictures of JonBenet's abused lifeless body on the "Today Show."

Then Patsy and her GravesideGlamor Shot here to the left.....

Nothing is changing here in my mind and I will be watching/monitering the perjury purge.

6. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

RiverRat

I too will be watching this show and then ask Mr. S what he thinks (he doesn't follow this case at all).... wanna see what the average person gets out of the 48 hours show...

Are Patsy and John gonna be on this show live for any of it or is it just bits of pieces of the past?

7. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Heh, well I know

who WON'T be on the show, because, since hir already had hir 5 minutes of fame when she went on 48 Whores to "discredit Foster," hir has no need to be on another show.

IOW, she wasn't asked to be on the show, imagine that, probably because the last time she was on, CBS got flooded with negative e-mails and letters about how she set Foster up.

Even if I were interested in watching the liars perform, my stomach just won't take it. I am repulsed by everything associated with the Ramseys, jameson, and Lin Wood. People joke about barf bags, but I'm not joking. They are so vile, they make me vomit. I know who and what that whole gang is about, I don't need to witness any more of the dark side Ramsey/Wood show.

8. Watching You

The van Dams' website

Danielle Legacy Coalition.

http://www.daniellelegacy.org/

Perhaps 48 Hors and RamseyWood will explain whatever happened to their organization meant to help children, har har. Those kinds of things only seem to work when the public believes the parents are victims, not perps.

9. RiverRat

Touche'

Point Very Well Made, Ms. WY.

10. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I hope Patsy warbles the "I say po-tay-to, you say po-tah-to" song during this latest round of propaganda. Does anyone remember that MPEG that was going around a few years ago of Patsy and some other aging debutante singing that? I'm sorry, but that was the gayest thing I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure Patsy is drag queen.

11. Kelly

Kelly Member

ee-ther, ii-ther, nee-ther, niether....let's call the whole thing off.

I've got that on video somewhere. I thinks it's when it was on the AMW segment.

12. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

hey, wy!

you brought me out of lurk mode, with your post on the Van Dams.

Here in San Diego we have been saturated with the stories of Danielle's disappearance and murder, her family background and the Westerfield trial. And because it's a local case we tend to get every gritty detail about Brenda and Damon VanDam. This couple have no secrets, at this point.

Truth is, they're definitely not perfect people. Duh. They have a lifestyle that I (and many others) find weird and a little dispicable.

But with that said, you can't go through all the stories and listen to people who know them without realizing that they were also caring parents. Yep..it's possible to be deeply flawed but still love your kids and do a reasonable job of taking good care of them. Yes, I know there are those (including myself) who feel that they put their kids at risk by bringing in friends and acquaintances for dope smoking and mate swapping parties...but, in all honesty...you, WY might walk into my home, stay a few days and make some observations about things you thought I might do better at in the parenting department. And, who knows...I might could do the same with you. But, in the end we'd both know the other one was trying her level best to create a stable, protective and nurturing environment for her children....exactly what I've come to believe about the VanDams, for all their very visible faults.)

Why am I bothering to write this? Working through my feelings on the VanDams has caused me to think many times of some of Jameson's stupid rantings about how we all vilify the poor Ramseys just cause we don't like them cause they're too rich or lead a lifestyle we can't understand...blah...blah....From that point, she wants us to believe that every accusation or assumption we make of the heinousness of John and Patsy's actions regarding their daughter's murder stems solely from our base prejudice.

Nope...I always knew that Jammyspin was a crock of chit and the VanDams have just proved my point in spades. While I don't want to run down the street the few miles to their home and strike up a best friendship, I do think they have acted as true grieving parents in the horrifying death of their little girl. And my heart goes out to them.

And now, with the legacy they're trying to set up to honor the memory of Danielle, you just can't help but be impressed by their sincerity of heart. Their lives have been ripped apart and their precious daughter stolen from them, right out of her pretty little girl bed. On top of that, they've been wrung through the mud for their alternative lifestyle and vilified in a manner somewhat like the Ramseys. But instead of crying "poor, poor us" and playing the SueHappy Game, they've made the decision to take this terrible tragedy and bring meaning to it so that their little girl's brief life can be honored and remembered.

Brenda and Damon versus Patsy and John...what a contrast!!!!

13. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Well said, Pearlsim.

It's not too difficult to see which parents truly love their children, even though everything they do in life is not perfect, and which parents use and exploit their children in cruel ways, while outwardly giving the appearance of perfection.

14. Nandee

Nandee FFJ Senior Member

Lurker....

Well said!!

15. RiverRat

All of the Above

I really wish that I could hang around and discuss this further but my Boss is on vacation, out of the county, and he keeps calling with work for me to carry on for him on top of the business calls that he can still make, even though he is out of the county.

Gosh, he could sure learn a thing or two from Esquire Wood about business...............

16. zapata

zapata Senior Member

48-Hours

According to yon chit-forum, I do not believe the Ramseys will be on the show in person. They are going to show Patsy's 98 interview with the police. Excuse me, yon chit-hole is the one saying the interview was with the BPD. Not so!

The 98 interview of Patsy's was done behind the BPD's backs by none other than Alex Hunter and his pals. Lou Smit interviewed John at these secret meetings.

What we are going to see is propaganda drugged up by Hunter, Smit and the Ramseys. L.LIN may be on the show pointing out the good in Patsy. HA!

Someone mentioned a possible affair between Woody wood pecker and the Patster. I wrote a friend of mine a long time ago when I was reviewing the press conferences the Ramseys and Woody gave after the Ramseys finally agreed to be questioned by the BPD back in August 2000. I advised my friend to watch the body language between Patsy and Woody. I do believe they were having a thing for each other.

A famous detective (from Dallas) once said that a pubic hair is the strongest fiber that ever existed. I believe that when it comes to Patsy, Lou and Woody.

Since Patsy has lost all her beauty I don't think Woody would still be attracted to her. It's the money he is getting now that keeps him yelling "Free the Ramseys". He has a good chance of loosing the remaining cases. Last I heard NYLawyer's suit against him still stands, and the NY Times, Court TV, etc that are named in that suit do not seem willing to play, "Let's Make A Deal" with Woody.

We must also remember that the Ramseys are the soul support of Woody right now. When he is through filing all his lawsuits to shut everyone up I doubt if he will be able to get another client. Let's face it. He has definately made a fool of himself for the Ramseys.

I am so sorry I don't get online much to post lately. I am still having some problems with my health and my energy seems to have melted away.

luv
    zap

17. Watching You

Pearlsim

Oh, cool, I'm glad you came out of hiding to post. I basically agree with you about the van Dams. I was raised by parents who were non-judgmental, living by that scripture, ...judge not lest yee be judged... It's something I've pretty much lived by, but there are times when the proof is so obvious, it's difficult not to draw conclusions, or judgments. Still, I truly have not made judgments about the van Dams' lifestyle. Like, who am I to judge them? I don't even know them.

They have admitted to doing some things that are totally out of bounds for me, but apparently they felt it was okay for them. I would be willing to bet my right arm they no longer feel that way, and they wish they hadn't done those things, but I could be wrong. Losing a child changes a lot of things, and I question whether they would even be interested in pursuing a questionable lifestyle they thought was great fun before the monster down the street killed their daughter. They have to have questioned whether that lifestyle may have contributed to his taking Danielle, even indirectly, whether because he was angry over something Brenda said or did that evening (rejection?), or because the van Dams were involved in kinky sex, Westerfield thought they wouldn't mind if he played around with their daughter a little. There are some weird players out there, and I don't think we will ever know what set him off that night.

I have to respect them for baring their secrets, no matter the cost to them, in order to fully cooperate with the police investigators. It was more important to them to find Danielle's killer than it was to hide their private lives. Not so with the Ramseys, as we well know. The Ramseys did everything NOT to cooperate with the police, including lawyering up right away. Innocent people don't have to do that.

So much of what happened on Christmas night, 1996, still remains shrouded in secrecy. Oh, sure, they've concocted an unbelievable story, even now trying to justify that story by pointing to recent kidnappings to bolster their story of what happened, but none of the recent kidnappings and murders involved a ridiculous three-page ransom note and a dead, sexually-abused child in a remote room in the basement.

The Ramseys can have their mugs on every talk show and news show from here to eternity, but it won't change history. It won't change what's come before, and what's come before are lies and subterfuge and manipulation and arrogance and spin, spin, spin. All they can do now is further the damage they have already done, with the help of their very foolish civil attorney.

Zapata, I've long thought there was an attraction between Patsy and Lin Wood, but I don't know what that attraction is. It could be that Patsy just brings out the protective side of Wood. She seems to have that effect on some men (how about Smit?).

OTOH, there could be more there, I suppose. It could be love, you know. Not love for Patsy but love for the money he is making off them. I read somewhere that Wood made a snide comment to Darnay Hoffman - something like, I've made more money off the Ramsey lawsuits than you have made in your entire career. I saw this on another forum, and it was allegedly an actual quote, though perhaps not precisely in those exact words. I believe that Wood has made a fortune from these lawsuits. That may be one big reason he keeps advertising for the Ramseys and threatening more lawsuits.

18. Kelly

Kelly Member

I hope that L Wood has to face JonBenet's ghost someday. He is dancing on her grave.

19. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

Well put, Kelly - in fact there are many, many folks who should have to face the ghost of JBR! Since we all know JBR is in heaven, hopefully, she will be allowed to drop in on them on their way down...

My grandma used to preach the "judge not" thing, WY, but I have seen very few people who could do this (she didn't, I can't). The best I can do is ignore or not care - as in, "I don't care about the VanDams life style".

20. Jeanilou

Jeanilou Member

Why beg for air time for Patsy?

I don't get Lin Wood saying that the new media should save airtime for Patsy. Why is he begging them for air time? Doesn't he know that is something that is newsworthy come along all stations dump any previous programming in order to accomodate the new story? Maybe he is afraid that no one really wants to here about Patsy so he is trying to build up suspense in order to guarantee her some airtime. How shameful is that?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice