1. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Yes, (if there is one) me too. :)

2. Niner

Niner Active Member

Me too! I ALWAYS read what Why_Nut has to say!! And I thought "he" was/is a "she"!! :rolling:

and WHERE is this thread at the BB with all the discussion going on... I went over there... and can't find nuthing!! please share url!!

3. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Niner, I THINK this is the swamp thread we were discussing, already on page 2 there:

http://www.webbsleuths.org/dcforum/DCForumID61/1220.html

WY, don't sniff. Tricia just said Why_Nut and me because I started the thread and it's about Why_Nut.

Tricia didn't get to be QUEEN OF THE GUTTAH UNIVERSE without knowing how to suck up, doncha' know! She's already got you in the pan. She keeps her really private sucking up off the forum. Ask Jayelles. She ain't on Tricia's list, either. And we know Jayelles is one of the guttahest of the guttah.

Oh. I like that: guttahest of the guttah. That's up there with "truthiness," a la Stephen Colbert, who got into Time or Newsweek with his clevah verbiage, didn't he?

Think we'll make Time Magazine? OH! OH! OH! Maybe we'll make the New York Times! Gutter candy would PASS OUT! She'd have to have double her daily meds to keep her from chewing through the furniture!

4. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Talking of eating through the furniture...

One of my most vivie school memories is of a boy in our class eating a cupboard! It's what he is remembered for and when I meet old school friends someone always says "Remember when ~so and so~ ate the cupboard in Primary 2?

What happened was - in those days we didn't take pencils to school in little pencil cases. We took ourselves to school with nothing more than a "play piece" (snack). Pencils were provided by the school in the form of thick colourful pencils for little hands to learn to write. These pencils, being school property were sacrosant and we had to look after them. Except that one boy in the class kept chewing his and the teacher got really mad and made him stand in the corner beside the cupboard. Suddenly she noticed that he had been chewing the cupboard and there were nibble marks all along one edge as though a small animal had been at work...

At the time we were horrified because the teacher blew her top but now I look back and wonder at this boy who came from a really poor home. Was he just really hungry?

5. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Wow, what a memory you brought back. I've had no reason to store it as an active piece of information, but I used to be a vigorous pencil-chewer when young. Throughout elementary school I would gnaw chunks of the wood every single day while doing tests or taking notes. Also, the erasers were not safe from my eyeteeth. My god, look what you have done, here it is, Sunday morning, February 12, 2006, and decades after the fact I can still remember what different kinds of pencil erasers tasted like. The best were the light or bright pink ones which erased very well. For some reason, some erasers were made of harder, darker rubber, my memory says they were greenish, and tasted terrible. They must have been on the especially cheap pencils, because they could not do a quality erasing job, they just rubbed the pencil marks around and tore the paper.

I never chewed pencils out of hunger; it was just something interesting to do. I kind of remember that doing it was somewhat like the child's version of having a cigarette. Difficult test? Chew a pencil and focus.

6. Jayelles

Just curious - did you have a dummy when you were a baby and did you become a smoker?

What did you do with all the little bits of rubber in your mouth?

I don't chew pencils but I do pick at loose paint/bits of wood/laminate surfaces with my fingernails (all kinds of DNA in there I guess). I find it very satisfying to get my nails under the edge of the laminate and shave off a litte it. I completely ruined the keyboard drawer of my last computer desk but last week I felt very guilty when I realised I was doing it to an old walnut veneer table in a waiting room whilst I was reading the paper.

This same boy who ate the cupboard also spent an entire lunch break locked in the stationery cupboard when we were in P5. He was rather a naughty boy and the teacher put him in there as a pubnishment - and then forgot about him. Still, I suppose there were plenty of pencils etc for him to snack on :)

School was pretty brutal when I was there - but we accepted it. Nowadays, if you look at a pupil the wrong way you can be pulled up on it. "When I were a lass" we were belted regularly. One teacher kept his strap inside his jacket on his shoulder. We would watch for him reaching inside his jacket and then we would all duck because he would wheech it out at lightening speed and fire it across the classroom at whomever was annoying him. An unsuspecting pupil would get it in the face. Teachers also threw dusters at us (the hard wooden sort for cleaning the blackboard). Then there was the woodwork teacher who would make boys bend over and he would put their ties in the vice. The boys would have to stand bent over in that position for the rest of the lesson.

Sometimes when teachers were dishing out the belt, they would place a book on the pupil's wrist so that they could really whack the hands hard without damaging the wrists.

A favourite teacher-author of mine wrote that every class of infants had its own Sook, Clipe and Piddler. The Sook was the child who sucked up to the teacher. The Clipe was always telling tales and the Piddler ... well I think you could guess that one!

7. Elle

Elle Member

I had schoolfriends who had teeth marks all the way up to the lead, Why_Nut. Also chewed off at the ends, but they didn't eat the pulp, they used to aim it at anyone close to them. :)

8. Jayelles

Oh My! Another memory! I remember in 2nd Year French the boys would tear pages out of their jotters and chew the paper and then fire it up so that it would stick on the ceiling. Weeks later you'd be sitting their and they would drop onto your head.

9. koldkase

OHMIGOD! Bonnie Raitt and Lyle Lovette! Singing "My Baby Don't Tolerate" onstage...a duet...I'm dying here! I'm in heaven! Alls I need is me poodly, and I'm THERE!

Gosh, I feel like chewing pencils and erasers!

10. koldkase

Good god.

Charles Dickens didn't know how CUSHY the poor kids of England had it, did he?

If he'd been Scottish, I think he'd have written BIGGER novels!

Sheesh. That poor kid in the cupboard. No wonder he ate furniture. Probably training in case he had to chew himself out one night.... :help:

I remember eating dirt when I was a kid. Also, I remember a period when I would go around and look for the burnt matches my dad left in ashtrays...remember ashtrays? hahaha I'd eat the black off of them. What was that? Sulfur? I'm sure I had a vitamin deficiency, looking back. My parents didn't cook for us. They both worked full time, so I guess when they got home...too tired. Diet was hit and miss.

11. koldkase

OHMIGOD! OHMIGOD!

Lyle and Bonnie just sang "Angel From Montgomery"! I'm dying! I'm dying here! It's ok. I'm ready. It's time. That's it. I'm done. I'm dead. Just waiting for Phoebie to fly in on her angel wings and pick me up. :luv:

12. Thor

Thor Active Member

I never ate anything weird as a kid but a guy in my English class ate my homework one time.

13. Jayelles

I remember that I didn't give my dolls names - and a psychologist would probably have something to say about that nowadays. I don't think I'm a bad mother tho' (My kids have turned out OK anyway).

I used to dig for worms for my Dad who fished - and I played quite happily with very few toys.

I don't feel damaged by my education. I was belted along with everyone else of course.... In fact, I reckon that my generation have much more to reminisce about than the current generation. I personally think that the current punishments are much more damaging than a whack with a leather belt. The punishments nowadays are more psychological.

14. Jayelles

Oh hey KK. your post above has inspired a new thread by jameson., She reckons that if your parents didn't cook for you then it explains why you are BORG.

She's trying to create a BORG profile.

Alas, i don't fit the profile. I had a stay at home Mum and parents who loved me more than life itself. I wasn't abused in any way, shape or form. Wasn't bullied at school. I came from a nice middle class home, have been happily married for 23 years, have good career and my children are successful and clean living.

What I see is not so much a profile of the BORG, but a definite pattern of RST. We only need to look at their discussion of other cases to see that the RST are people who never bellieve in a suspect's guilt. They prefer instead to believe in the anonymous bogeyman (any bogeyman) than any named suspect.

jameson? Well I think she believes in whatever will make her the most $$$s.

15. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

How come the shower visons, and trips to the barn and the snakes didn't make her BORG?

16. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Oh goodness, where to start

I read the thread and after using every bit of self restraint, did not respond there as it was not worthy

Here is a classic example of psycho babble in its most juvenile form. Rather than go into a long boring tirade of why they are so non-psychologically correct, it is enough to say that if one is to look at the posters there, so beyond even RST, one could only say that the "mindset" is stereotypical of cults and gangs.

With cults and gangs, they will stick together regardless of rational reasoning as to why the "leader" is mistaken and obviously leading them around by the nose, smacking it with a newspaper when they dare to stray from the credos demanded.

The saddest part of the poster mindset at the BB is that they do not realize how much they have become cult members unwittingly. Some do not care, as it is considered a "family" there so long as you will fight to the death defending the Ramseys. (like a gang). I don't know how many remember Sweebie, but she strayed from some of the "wriiten in stone" theories and the next thing you know, she is gone after some real mistreatment; thank goodness it was willingly (I know that as I did in fact receive several PMs from her).

By the way, in many many cases, those who have been ill treated by their own parents will often defend the Ramseys as they look at them as the perfect family; something they know nothing about and are willing to defend due to the vast difference of their own abusive or neglectful parents. They look at other families as "ideal" and those are the people who will often be the most fierce in defense of a family like the Ramseys. They compare them to their own and they are, in fact the people who will often say that these parents couldn't possibly have committed the crime.

The one thing I did glean from this: That thread is truly the most appropriate subject for the word "PATHETIC"; a word that can actually come into play in its proper usage here.

Really pathetic

17. koldkase

hahaha Thor, that's quite a spin on the other version: did the kid fight the dog for it?

Jayelles, I personally am willing to certify you as about the least neurotic person on the forums. And I have credentials: I'm Guttah Gossip of the Year from 2000 to 2004, when I was unseated for 2005/06/whatevah by none other than Cherokee, for her work on the ransom note. Can't begrudge her there. It's brilliant work. Too bad she didn't work for the BPD.

Not that it would have mattered, with Hunter/Keenan at the helm.

Anyhow...I apologize for going so off topic with Lyle and Bonnie. I was typing and then they came on tv...lost my head there for a sec....

Anyhow...back to Why_Nut and how wonderful she/he is....

Because I am sure Why_Nut did not just miss the request for her website url.

I mean, I knew nothing about it, really, until jams mentioned it. Thought I had just missed it somehow. I even went to the url from the property listed on the pics posted at the swamp. Backed up a bit. But it only says "This site is being built." Or something.

But with Why_Nut leaving the request unaddressed, blithely changing the topic...I'm thinking...is it possible...Why_Nut has a website where jams is privileged to enter...but us guttahites...no?

Boy, that would be a low blow. Lower than the swamp? Ouch! That would hurt even here in the guttah! :borgsmile

18. koldkase

Hahaha I knew jams would jump on this. Well, she seldom can make a cogent argument on the facts of the case, so personal attack is all she's got. How Ramsey of her:

Well, of course the little heads did her bidding. One even made note of how her own mother wasn't so great, but hey! Non sequiturs be damned, we're socipathic BORG, but not her. What's really funny is that she quotes her father as saying 80% of the people are followers. hahaha Yeah, look around you, rain, you're THERE!

Well, it's why I try to keep personal info out of posting. I had a moment of weakness. My bad.

I did have issues with my parents. Food was a big one. My mother has some marvelous qualities, but she is no cook. Not her thing. My dad was not unusual for his era: men didn't do "women's work." But they both worked hard all their lives, my mother until her late '60s. I've done the full time job and cook and clean and shop 'til you drop modern woman life. It's hard. I'm lucky now to be able to live the life of a rich woman; I think every day, I live like the rich; I want for nothing and I enjoy what I like and get to see my family and do for them. I love it. Who is richer than that?

No, I'd never accuse parents of murder because mine didn't live the American Dream. That's absurd. NOBODY LIVES THE AMERICAN DREAM. That's why it's called A DREAM. Life is no picnic for most people that I see. Everyone faces problems. But I never was molested, never had my head bashed in, and I lived past six years old, so guess my parents weren't all that bad, were they?

Jams simply lies repeatedly and often when she says there is no evidence leading to the Ramseys. That's so foolish as to make her incompetence glaring: every single piece of evidence that has been traced to anywhere and anyone came straight from the home and parents. Period. That's fact. Not fiction. Not spin. FACT. Not ONE PIECE OF EVIDENCE has been linked to an intruder. Not one. No name. No face. Not even a decent lead.

In over 9 years, with the case investigated by the BPD, the BDA, the FBI, the CBI, untold news reporters, even a million dollar reward, and all the WORLD-CLASS INVESTIGATORS John loved loved LOVED to brag about having on his payroll, NO ONE has found one INTRUDER suspect with one piece of direct or indirect evidence linking him to the Ramsey murder. PERIOD.

If the swampsters want to spin it as not relevant because the Rams lived there, well, duh. But to say it does not lead to the family is a lie.

Maybe jams is the one with issues. Maybe jams came from a home where the American Dream didn't get lived. Maybe jams is so vulnerable to the rich and powerful Ramseys because it has been through them she got more attention and money than she ever American Dreamed of. And maybe jams will never see the truth in this case, deny it to her last breath, because she can't let her cash cow dry up any quicker than it will, can she?

If she wants to play that game, then maybe the killer is someone so desperate to live the Ramsey's American Dream, he/she'd kill to do so. Someone like John and Patsy, for example, neither of whom came from rich families, who fought their way to the Dream, with financial help from Patsy's father, who could have found themselves in the middle of losing it all one terrible night....

Sounds like a motive to me....

19. Jayelles

The bottom line is that jameson is driven by $$$$s. She has made money out of the Ramsey case and if her project ever sees the light of day - I have no doubt it will be a money spinner too.

It's quite laughable to suggest that the BORG are sheep. The BORG are basically everyone who isn't RST. The RST are the ones with the fixed mindset and therefore IMO - they demonstrate more BORG characteristics than the BORG themselves!

If you look at the RST - there is a group of people who have demonstrated repeatedly that they cannot see the wood for the trees. There is a poster at WS just now who says the ransom note is real - that it was a real note and how can it be part of staging? This person seems to have a genuine problem separating the concept of staging from a real ransom note. It makes one feel as though one is in the twilight zone at times.

I have made a study of the characters following the Ramsey case over a number of years - the whole Internet subculture fascinates me and I have to say that IMO, the most intelligent posters are NOT RST! To me, the BORG demonstrate more flexible thinking, more reason - more common sense than the RST. This case doesn't make sense. There are too many loose ends, too many uncertainties. Thinking people will NOT give the parents a pass based upon the evidence as it stands. Thinking people might say that they don't *think* the parents are involved - but will keep an open mind.

The RST are a group of people with closed minds. They will not entertain any RDI theory because they have made up their minds that the parents didn't do it and they will look anywhere but at the parents and immediate Ramsey family.

We have seen how the RST behave in other cases and it's the same. All prime suspects are innocent - the bogeyman must have done it.

jameson is a nobody. She is a woman with a website - that is all. She uses clever word play to give the impression that she is a case insider but the Ramseys want nothing to do with her. Think how bad that is - one of their most ardent supporters and still they want nothing to do with her.

Says it all really.

20. Elle

Elle Member

I never had a doll with a fancy name either, Jay. I don't remember any of my friends naming them either. They were just dolls, not members of our family. I remember my last doll. It had dark blue eyes that closed. :)

I never liked the leather belt action, and vowed I would never lay a hand on my children when I grew up. I didn't want my children to remember me like that, so I didn't! :) I hope the leather strap in the Scottish schools is now banned. Geesh! Talk about Barbarians! :)

Edited to add:

I'm laughing here at you using the word "wheech" Jay, I haven't heard this in years. So your teacher kept his strap inside his jacket? Good grief! I had a teacher who threw those wooden dusters too. Mostly at the boys. Now that I look back, there were some teachers who should never have been teachers at all. Some of them were too sadistic.

There are so many more reasonable ways to deal with unruly children. I cannot stand people who bully others.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice