1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Zotto, I agree with most of this, but I respectfully disagree that we all have the potential to commit any sin. I read that to mean '...and all have the (same) potential to commit any sin.'

I don't believe we all have the potential to commit any sin. There is no condition that could make me commit premeditated murder. I can't even flush a goldfish down the toilet. I do not have whatever it is that murderers have inside of them in order to commit the sin of murder. I'm not even sure I could kill in self defense. I could be forced to kill to defend my kids, though, but that's not a sin.

I do not have what thieves have inside of them, because I could no more steal from anyone than I could cut off my hand.

I don't think we are all born with the same level of conscience, and that's evident in the fact that the very early signs of a murder may be the maltreatment of animals by very little sociopaths. I have never hurt another living thing in my life, intentionally, other than accidentally stepping on a little paw, then crying my eyes out for hurting my furry little love.

We are given free will by our creator. To say we are all capable of the same sins is to say we all have the same level of conscience, and history has proven over and over that's not true.

2. Elle

Elle Member

So ... what's the ending to this story. Jay? How did it end? Did you believe her? Don't leave me dangling on the cliff! :) I hate loose ends.

3. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

Amway syndrome suffering :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: are everywhere.

It's like Kinky said. They don't make Jews like Jesus anymore.

Same thing with the Christian crowd. Seems to be getting ruder and flakier as time elapses.

I have been in awe of the whole event with P & J and the Ramseys.

There is a local man who was implicated in a series of federal crimes after he had converted to his faith. He came clean to the authorities and helped them out by showing them how they had been circumventing detection.

He got off with only 7 years federal time, a light sentence considering the magintude of his infractions. His lawyer, a christian man, insisted that he tell the whole truth and come clean in the case, or this lawyer would not represent him as a client.

This guy was the one who beat on his chest and said, "have mercy on me, for I am a sinner".

Do justly, love mercy, walk humbly with your God.

It's what's for dinner.

4. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I want to thank my forums guttah buds for their truly spiritual responses to the question JC raiised.

I thought about that all night.

If I were in such a position as contemplated here, I'd have to ask myself: if we subvert the rule of law, if we don't owe society and the victims an accounting for the wrongs done, if we don't face our sins and trust that somewhere, the balance sheet will be leveled, then we would be advocating anarchy, lawlessness, and no justice for anyone.

If a person claims to be a Christian and then distrusts the truth to the point of lying and covering it up...I don't get it.

If one trusts in their "God," then why would lying to help a loved one be needed?

See, that's what I do not get. How can you be a Christian but never do the Christian thing?

5. Zotto

Zotto FFJ Senior Member

WY, I phrased that badly. I totally agree that not all of us would commit the same sin given the opportunity, I agree with you...there is nothing that would make me hurt a child or animal or commit murder. I guess I was just thinking that we are all made of the same flesh, and given different cultural and environmental factors, the ability is there..(maybe that's a better way of putting it). It is dependent on our individual natures though as to whether we actually do it.

6. Niner

Niner Active Member

NOT!!! had a stay at home Mom - we did everything as a family - us 5 kids with our very loving parents!!

Yup! saw them ALL! "I Married Joan", December Bride, Life of Riley - just to name a few more!! LOL!

NOPE! Not I! No pouncing here!

Nope! just an accident gone bad....

:bee: :borg:

7. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

Lemme see...had a stay at home mom, spent time going to art shows and stockholders' meetings as a kid...travelled...
    Learned early to invest in the intrinsic rather than the purely aesthetic items, items which will appreciate rather than depreciate...
    Brought up on all the shows of old, fed three balanced squares a day,
    belonged to the country club in a large city
    ever since I could remember.
    Now how could I have been the typical Jams' special?
    I am not po'.
    Having worked and scrimped and saved and invested in stuff that others didn't want, I guess we came out okay.
    Our kids are spoiled now. Jameson, did you get one of the first X360's to hit the market? We did. PSP, too. Find us on XBox live some night. Toodles, and,
    Have fun trying to get some poor soul to send you some throwaway Barbies that you can hawk on EBay or at some flea market.

iii PULGA TIME !!!

8. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

All I know is that Christians lie. Intentionally. :)

I liked the taser demonstration. It looked like those men where shot from several feet away, and suffered to put it mildly. And Lou Smit getting in thru that window. I remember that from the show. It looks almost effortless, too effortless. I'd think Smit must have practiced those moves. But wasn't the grate (?) where the spider web was?

9. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Could you all do me a favor? Head over to http://whynut.blogspot.com/ . Click on the video. Let me know if you have any problem or whether it works well. The clip is a bit dark, at least on my system, so that would be a known issue if you notice the same thing. I want to embed videos this way, but it will be rather useless if the audience cannot view them.

10. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

It worked fine for me and FWIW, I have problems with this computer - cannot use chatrooms etc. There are certain webpages I can only view with my other machine.

11. Why_Nut

That is (from this side of the screen) encouraging. If a technically-compromised computer can handle the clip, then likely most folks can. I feel your pain about different computers giving different results, this very moment the fancy-pants machine I type on cannot run a legacy program that the creaking, ancient Pentium II four feet away has no problem with.

Requests? Anybody have a favorite clip you want to see?

12. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

It worked fine for me too although, as you said, a bit dark.

13. Little

Little Member

Worked perfectly for me :)

Little

14. Jayelles

I could never see any of the clips at Cybersleuths..

15. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

The video worked fine but did seem a bit dark. Maybe that's just the way it was shot.

Watching JonBenet perform is like watching a very practiced little Shirley Temple. Her choreography looks so fake and rigid. "Move your arm like this when you sing such and such, take a step here and turn at the chorus ..."

It makes me want to hug her up and say, "You don't have to do this. You can be a normal little six-year-old girl, and be loved for who you are, NOT who someone wants you to be. You don't have to wear false eyelashes, dye your hair, have caps on your baby teeth, and always be "on" for the public. You can have a childhood and be yourself. You can live YOUR life, not follow a script that was laid on you at birth.

16. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Works for me, too. I'd missed this one, only saw the taser & Smit ones. It is dark. Good work, Why_Nut!!!

17. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

It looks good for me, Why Nut. It is a bit dark, with JB not that lit, but I suspect that is the lighting at the mall and what was recorded on the camera.

Of course, I'm still on dial up, so it starts and stops. But is there more to the video? It kinda' ended like it wasn't finished, so I thought maybe you were doing a short segment for a test.

Thanks for putting that up for us to see. I'd never seen it. It really makes me sad, knowing that only days later, JonBenet was murdered.

18. Why_Nut

That is as much of that particular clip as there is. It was just a tiny clip, buried inside one of the NBC programs about the case (as you can tell by Katie Couric's narration). A hint for the dial-up crowd: When the clip starts to play, let it all load first and then press the play button, and it should be smooth from there, unless your computer is also a bit creaky on the memory and video front.

The general emphasis in the media in showing JonBenet footage has been on the runway strolls, but the so-called "talent" footage does tend to show that, despite Patsy's claims that it just all came naturally, JonBenet was trained up the wazoo to move a certain way, roll her eyes a certain way, be a little trained puppy for the adults around her to coo at, which, in my opinion, shows disrespect of her as a unique child with her own personality and way of expressing it. The videos show a toy, not JonBenet.

New clip is up, of JonBenet singing "God Bless America." I notice that for someone supposedly having nothing but fun while performing, she seems more intent on looking offstage for some sort of instructions or assurance until toward the end when she sings the words "home, sweet, home," when it looks to me like she was suddenly encouraged to smile big for the judges. The words "Sing out, Louise!" come to mind, as those who know what I am referencing will understand.

19. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Nice little John-John salute there at the end too...

20. Jayelles

I just think she was so cute. My little one is 6 now and she recently took part in a ballet display. One of her costumes was a little sailor ballet dress and the little sailors all had individual photos taken doing a salute with their little white gloves on.

She just loved dressing up and getting make-up on. The littlest ones in the show were just two and a half years old and they were "birds of paradise". They were led on by some of the older girls to great oohs and aahs and they proceeded to bounce around on stage and copy the older girls. Later they came on as little Jasmines with silk square "magic carpets". There was much twirling and birling and one little one got so carried away with herself that she almost spun right off the stage!

Later in the show there was another number with tiny tots and as they came off the stage, the backdrop was changed into a very glittery sequined affair. Each night of the performance, one little one stood entranced watching this curtain come down and each night an arm appeared from behind the curtain and yanked her off the stage!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice