Another Pending JBR Documentary in the UK

Discussion in 'The Truth About Colorado University Journalism Pr' started by tempester, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

My husband had some DVDs and I have managed to get it to work this time!

Phew.

2. Jayelles

Review

from the Guardian:-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv_and_radio/story/0,,1965113,00.html

3. Jayelles

4. Amber

Amber Member

Although his kids say he is, "obsessed" with the case, Mr Tracey said his real mission is to change the way that crime has become entertainment for the media.

????????????????????????
    I'm lost for words...I feel like one of the few that sees that the bucktoothed emperor is naked...

5. Amber

Amber Member

Jayelles, I read your posts on WS.

I agree someone needs to make a more balanced documentary.

I wonder if anyone here on the forum has contacts that could make this happen?

It is totally unfair and an abuse of power that Tracey can use his position to present so many biased unhinged docs. On top of the abuse of power and position by Smit and his stash of evidence from an on going investigation of which he is no longer a part.

6. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Why do you think the Hickory nut has gotten on so well with Tracey and Smit? It's because they are birds of a feather, and they have all had a hand in Tracey's flopumentaries. Smit made his own flop before Tracey started making his, and the nut from Hickory not only had her twisted input in all of them, she's written a (snicker) play, based not on fact but on her conceited opinion.

There is something seriously wrong with lay people who think other people won't question why they are involved in a murder case that had nothing to do with them in the first place, and why on earth they don't get how stupid and greedy they appear.

7. Jayelles

A scene from the documentary. Patsy at the Charlevoix house:-

Attached Files:

8. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Well, at least Patsy put down her pad and sharpie pen for this picture....

I remember when they showed her in one of her Atlanta homes, sitting in her big comfy chair with her feet up...writing on her RANSOM NOTE PAD WITH HER SHARPIE PEN.... You have to give her credit. She's got more balls than Smit, Tracey, Wood, and Ollie, all put together.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2012
  9. Why_Nut

Why_Nut FFJ Senior Member

Oh, my. By the name of all that is holy, this was the single most useless of all the useless case documentaries ever made. I have seen it now (literally, with the sound off), and it feels as if fully two-thirds of this thing consist of the following images:

Michael Tracey frowning at his laptop.
    Tracey raising his eyebrows at his laptop.
    Close-ups of his finger stroking the trackpad on his laptop.
    Close-ups of his typing on the keyboard of his laptop.
    Close-ups of the laptop's screen displaying Karr e-mails, and apparently Tracey is half-blind, because all of the e-mails have the font set so that every word of every e-mail is [size=+5]THIS BIG.[/size]

10. Jayelles

Come on WN, be specific..... Tracey simultanteously raising his eyebrows, tilting his head and nodding at the laptop ..... It's a little movement that he repeats several times. I don't know whether it's one shot that was used several times or whether it's "something he does".

COuld you capture it for us?

11. Jayelles

Why_Nut and ACR

Could you both when you are watching the programme l;ook out for a bit which fits this description:-

(This was posted at WS by a UK member).

I simply cannot find this. Another member at WS has stated that he/she also noticed Patsy looking up at John from her book. In the only clip I can find where Patsy is reading a book, she definitely does not look up and to all intents and purposes appears to be engrossed in the book.

I'm beginning to think I'm going mad! I've watched the documentary three times and even watched it on slow frame and I cannot find this clip.

There is a clip where the two of them are talking to each other in what appears to be someone's kitchen but they are both standing. There is one clip where Patsy appears to be sitting in a garden (or a park) pensively staring into the distance and it blends to John being interviewed on his own after her death. If they were superimposed, it might appear as though Patsy was looking at John.

For the sake of my sanity - could you both look for any clip which fits the above description?

12. Why_Nut

I might know where to zoom in and look. It sounds a bit like something from one of the older 48 Hours programs, perhaps circa 2002 or around that time. I know that some of those CBS programs liked to use footage of John and Patsy in their Vinings home, and my brain's index points are flagging clips that might fit. I will go and look.

13. ACandyRose

ACandyRose Super Moderator

First let me say THANK YOU JAYELLES !!

OMG !! Let me say that again, OMG !! Instead of the Howdy Doody Show, it's the Michael Tracey show !! Geeze, I could have taken any one of my 15 or 20 videos of Ramsey media shows and news coverage of Karr and made up this Crock 4.

Notice that they make it look as though Tracey was doing all his e-mailing from his laptop in his mountain home. I guess they don't want the UK to know Tracey was doing all of this during working hours on Colorado University's dime.

I'm in the middle of converting it from the dvr-ms file to an .avi file right now and that looks like that's going to take about 2 hours or so. I can't wait to get some screen shots. :p

ACR

14. koldkase

I look forward to seeing what you put up for us, ACR. Like a root canal. I enjoy torturing myself. :fight:

By the way, did anyone get to tape the JR interview with Walters last night? Because there was a picture of JonBenet flashed on the screen for about 2 seconds and I had never seen that picture before. She had on something black, like a black boa or black costume, dress...something. It went by so fast, I can't remember, just thought I'd like to see the picture when I could actually look at it.

15. Why_Nut

This one, and you are right, it is unfamiliar.

[​IMG]

Edited to add: I wonder if this photo was flopped horizontally? JonBenet, when she did not use discipline to keep her lip straight, would smile in a way that made her lower lip dip further on her left side than on her right. It is a physical trait that can even be seen with Patsy on some of her own childhood pictures. Yet this photo makes it look like the dip is on on JonBenet's right.

16. heymom

heymom Member

Is there video for the rest of us to watch? I didn't see a link or anything. The article in the Guardian was simply sickening. But I did discover that the naked mole-rat is originally from Manchester. I knew he had a northern accent but wasn't sure if it was York or Manchester or Liverpool.

17. Jayelles

When my daughter was at primary school, there were two little sisters there at the same time who had almost white blonde hair and dark eyebrows. They were incredibly pretty girls - very striking appearance. I think Mum was Scandanavian - she was drop dead gorgeous. Dad was a college professor and the ugliest bloke you ever did see. Now I kind of like "ugly", but I used to marvel at the contrast between this couple.

In the above photo, JonBenet's hair looks bleached and I think her eyebrows have had some pencil work done. We apply this kind of make-up to kids when they are appearing in the school play, but it looks very unnatural otherwise.

18. Jayelles

He's from Oldham. Certainly he sounds American to me, but just occasionally there's a hint of an English accent comes through and when I first heard him speak, I thought he sounded a bit Derbyshire - I have relatives in Derby so it's an accent I'm familiar with. He definitely doesn't sound Mancunian.

Not that any of this matter. A rose is still a rose, no matter where it grows.

19. Why_Nut

I would bet this was a pageant portfolio photo, since JonBenet is seen wearing earrings, which never appear on her in candid photos but pretty much always do when she was being photographed for profit.

20. koldkase

Thanks, Why Nut! You are incredible. I am not worthy! :bow:

It is a beautiful picture. Yet I have a little voice in my head that says, "She's only six years old."

I understand using makeup on kids onstage in plays or pageants, but too much is too much. The point of makeup in a play is to portray a character and to delineate facial features so that a person doesn't looked washed out by the strong stage lighting. In a beauty pageant for young women, like the Miss America pageant or the state pageants, they are onstage with the same intense lights. Their makeup is extreme because the situation calls for it: it's stage production, plus "beauty."

But children...no, I cannot see spray painting a child's face and body for a "tan," putting on enough makeup for a full grown woman in an adult pageant, dying and teasing hair and spraying it, with extensions, which are painful to take out, as watching any of the programs on children IN these pageants illustrates when they wince and express the pain...etc., etc.

If JonBenet wasn't a wake-up call for parents who do these, then I guess we have to pray that their children are luckier than JonBenet--"a pedophile's dream," to quote Smit, who got that right, at least. Too bad he won't go the distance to figure out WHICH PEDOPHILE was dreaming about JonBenet...and that would be the one WHO HAD ACCESS TO HER AND MOLESTED HER BEFORE THAT NIGHT, IMO.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice