Did Michael Tracey Create A Suspect In The JonBenet Ramsey Case?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Voyager, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

After watching all of the TV news reports, and reading all of the media reports on the net and all of the dozens of threads here on this very informed FFJ internet forum, I have come to the conclusion that this whole scenario of John Mark Karr being a viable suspect in the murder of JonBenet Ramsey was created and orchestrated by one University of Colorado Professor by the name of Michael Tracey.

My theory is that Michael Tracey, having failed in his attempt to pin the murder of JonBenet on several other innocent men with both his writings and his pseudo-documentaries on this murder case, turned to the internet to find his next "suspect".

I theorize that Tracey purused the world wide web for sites that cater to pedophiles, and finding a number of them, watched for a pedophile who posted information that might possibly have allowed him to have a psychological and criminal profile that could fit the Ramsey abuse/murder crime.

Having come across Karr on one or more such sites and noting his interest in young girls and in the Ramsey child in particular, it would certainly not have been impossible for Tracey (with his team of willing graduate students) to trace Karr's past history and current location. This having been accomplished, Tracey probably found it easy to start a correspondance with this mentally ill man who seemed very willing to unburden his tormented soul to such a sympathetic and interested listener.

Now why would a CO college professor devote so much time and energy in inserting himself into a notorious murder investigation? Why would he spend so much time and energy in researching and writing to such a demented man in far away exotic Thailand?

My theory is that the good Professor was developing the main character for his next Ramsey Case documentary. This character, unlike the previous characters that he proposed as the Ramsey murderer and who have been eventually found to be non-suspects, would most likely be easy to try and convict in the court of documentry/public opinion....

This character had already been accused of pedophelia in the American justice system, and he had fled the country before his case came to trial. This character was in a foreign country that might not even allow for his extraditionto the United States on first degree murder charges....Tracey had found the perfect murder suspect and set about developing him for his documentary by having an extended and incriminating correspondance with him.

While we do not yet know all of the details of Tracey's documentary plan as it involves the Boulder DA who is still "investigating" this murder, and while we do not know the timing of his revelations to the DA's office, and the Ramseys and their attorneys, I do suspect that Tracey already has some of the case characters from each of these venues on film.

Tracey is, in my considered opinion, the cause and the source of the current dead-end suspect crisis in this case, with the creation of a suspect to throw suspicion once again away from the Ramseys and most importantly for him, to create the basis for another in his continuing series of docu-dramas falsely protraying the Ramsey case for his own selfish adulation and monetary profit.

Tracey is a real light-weight in the intelligence department and so transparent that I find it unimaginable that the Boulder authorities or any of the other international policing agencies have given he and his informants the time of day.

All this opinion being given, I would like to express my abhorance of the information coming forward in the media concerning the accused pedophile, John Mark Karr. It seems like a very real possibility that they have stumbled across a really dangerous man (If all that is said is true)....Still, I do not think that he had anything to do with the murder of JonBenet Ramsey.

Here's hoping that Tracey is exposed for the manipulative opportunist that he is before one more of his "documentaries" is completed and released to influence a public who is uneducated in the facts of the Ramsey case.

Voyager

2. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Yeah, but so is Boulder DA Keenan-Lacy.

Although, I wouldn't say she's dumb as a post ... that would be insulting to the post.

3. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Voyager

I think Tracey should be investigated and arrested for orchestrating this entire Confession Hoax. He is obstructing justice. He is as fraudulent as his coworker, Ward Churchill.

4. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Amen to THAT!

And don't get me started on Ward Churchill. He is a lying scum-bag who faked being Native American for his own disgusting self-promotion and benefit.

Tracey and Churchill are prime examples of what is wrong with Colorado University-Boulder. Did you see Tracey's dean of the school of journalism praising him for being such a paragon of journalistic aspiration for his work in the Karr case?

Thought I was going to be sick.

5. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

CU at Boulder

They say it's the thin mountain air. It affects the brain function...deprivation of oxygen, and all that.

:highfive:

6. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

I agree .....

with both of you and especially with Lurker's suggestion that Tracey be arrested for obstruction of justice.

If all of the people who had inserted themselves into this high profile case and obstructed justice in this case from the very beginning had been arrested and punished for their crimes, this case would have been much more uncomplicated and much clearer...most likely even solved by now.

But even in a case with so many hangers-on and people using this case to further their reputations, careers, and finances, Tracey is a stand-out in his efforts to further his own fortunes......In the process, he has cost the taxpayers a lot of money, the Ramsey investigation a lot of time and money, a number of people their reputations, and most importantly he has cost JonBenet the justice that she deserves.....

And I agree with Cherokee....Keenan/Lacey, after promising vehemently on taking office to pursue and solve the Ramsey case, has proven herself and her investigators inept in using the evidence that they have had for 10 years, to fashion into a case against those whom they know to be guilty.....There is no boogey man out there in foreign ports, who has never even been to Boulder but who is guilty of JonBenet's murder!.....

Perhaps the citizens of Boulder will finally tire of all of the adverse publicity given their town as the place where pediphiles kill little girls and finally insist that their DA follow the evidence wherever it leads and clear this case for the good of all their residents....One can only hope....

Lurker, will you review me on the Tracey's colleague whom you mentioned? There are so many case characters that we tend to forget each of their roles after so many years! Thanks,
    Voyager

7. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

I think you're absolutely right, Voyager.

I could not believe what I was seeing on Larry King Live last night. It is amazing that someone like Bob Grant would be standing there saying this guy "fits the profile." Profile of what? Yeah he's a pedophile but this was a kidnapping for money, supposedly.

Apparently, as per usual, everyone has forgotten the ransom note. This is the sickest miscarriage of Justice I';ve ever seen

8. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

9. Elle

Elle Member

Just watching and listening to Professor Tracey gave me the creeps. I think Wolf Blitzer was a bit startled by the stupid grin on Tracey's face before he replied to his questions. Tracey grinned with every single one, as if this was all one big joke to him.

Tracey kept in touch with John Mark Karr, knowing he was a sick individual, who would come in handy when the right time arrived. Strange he waited until after Patsy Ramsey died (?). I wonder what Karr's thoughts are on Professor Tracey now (?).

Great post Voyager. I think Michael Tracey should be charged for everything they can charge him for. Tricia has always said he was a sleazeball or something like that. She was right from day one.

Jayelles has written many times about this apology for a man. Now I can see for myself what Tricia and Jay were talking about. I don't understand how Tracey's students can look at his face and learn anything from him. (?). I would need a puke bag right beside me.:-(

10. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Yes, it stinks, doesn't it?

11. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

There is no doubt that Michael Tracey is as obsessed with the Ramsey case as John Mark Karr, so in essence, Tracey fits the profile as well AND he was in Boulder on the night JB was murdered.

But please, FFJ'ers, DON'T let Tracey stand alone in this! He is the public mouthpiece for Lou Smit, John St. Augustin, and Ollie Gray. Media reports continually disclose that Tracey's communications with Karr were under the tutelage of Smit and Gray, and THAT is exactly where Tracey took his "suspicions" to when he finally did "report" it. Why not take it straight to Keenan? And why did Smit et al sit on it for months before taking it to her themselves? It was the Smit gang who did all the background checking on Karr-THEY are the private investigators, and THEY are the only "investigators" working this case.

When you talk or post about Tracey, always include the Smit gang as well. THERE is your conspiracy to obstruct justice in this case and it's been going on since Lin Wood and John Ramsey threatened Gov. Owens and the BDA took over this case. They have Mary Keenan Lacy in their pockets and its been Smit's gang that has starred in Tracey's crockumentaries and doing all the "investigating" for the BDA. And any time the legalities of anything have surfaced in their process, Lin Wood suddenly pops up again to menace and cover their asses.

It's time to get the Ramsey Spin Team evicted from the control and power over this case so that justice finally can be served. Tracey, Smit, St. Augustin and Gray need to go DOWN for what they've been doing. Without them, the BDA has no choice but to put true investigators on this case or admit once and for all that it's cold so that a decent cold case team can take it over.

Let's work to take the entire gang down, folks!

12. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Elle, I don't tend to rush to judgement about people and those who know me will say that I have a long fuse - I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt for a lot longer than most. Neither do I resort to calling people names and there are VERY few people whom I can say that when I think of them, a rude name pops into my head. However - Michael Tracey is SO LOW in my esteem that I'm afraid a rude name does pop into my head when I think about him :) That opinion is based purely on my observations and experience of the man.

He has demonstrated time and time again that he doesn't do his homework.

13. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

"He has demonstrated time and time again that he doesn't do his homework."

Jay, Tracey's job is not to do any valid expose on this case. He is in league with Lou Smit to put a highly public voice to the intruder theory and march before us whatever perp du jour the Smit gang can find. Doing his homework is irrelevant to that quest, as is the truth, and THAT has proven out in the long run as FFJ has continually exposed Tracey and Smit.

14. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Once again Tracey has found himself another pervert to throw under the bus, so Tracey can have his 'fame' and 'fortune' through books and documentaries.

After this guy is cleared of the JonBenet murder, Tracey will soon find another perv.....always around the time his latest documentary or book comes out....just coincidence I guess.

sorry I forgot to mention mention the media interviews....Tracey THRIVES on them.

And yeah...wondering if Tracey himself has been investigated...or if the DA is aware it's simply Tracey's way of supplementing his income.

15. VP

VP Member

Sabrina

Thank you for the article - very interesting. I didn't even think about which "Mike" Karr may have been talking about in his email. I find this story, that he was put together with Tracey by a freelance report a bit hard to swallow. I wonder if he, Sandrock, is a friend of another Boulder freelance reporter - Mame.

Voyager, very articulate (as usual), post. I agree, my gut tells me Tracey was not given this gift, he took it.

16. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, I know you're not quick to jump the gun, Jay. You're not like that.

Deja is right, we have to start including the other culprits as well, so let's hope that Lou Smit, John St. Augustin, and Ollie Gray, are all charged along with the Professor.

17. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Michael Sandrock is the author of Running with the Legends and Running Tough. He lives in Boulder and is a sports writer with the Daily Camera newspaper, writes a running column.

18. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I'm wondering if Tracey is being investigated, too. I do think Tracey "created" this suspect, I just think he had some help.

19. Elle

Elle Member

Excellent post, Deja. The Smit gang never supported Tracey when he faced Wolf Blitzer by himself. You could see he was not at ease in front of the camera, with his flushed face and weird grin.

Maybe you should start a separate thread for them (?).

Do you have any more information on this, please?. I don't remember reading anything about Tracey being in Boulder on the night JonBenét was murdered (?).

20. Elle

Elle Member

I'm sure he is being watched by the FBI, JC. Maybe they are also keeping their eye on John Ramsey too (?). I just read today, JC, that someone told Tracey about John Mark Karr, a journalist (?). An author (?). Dashit, I can't remember which thread it was on (?). Maybe I'll fall over it! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice