"DNA Clears Parents"

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by BobC, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Oh, and BTW, every time I read what they say or write about DNA, I am appaLLed by their ignorance about DNA. RNA and DNA are extremely complicated subjects and better left to the scientists to explain - not the idiots at the swamp.

Having worked for a DNA expert, I did learn a lot about DNA. The most important thing I learned was that I don't know diddly. What little understanding I do have came from the expert who does know. I know enough to know that I am out of my element, so I stick to the basics, of which my knowledge is very elementary but probably much more than those who have never had a true DNA expert to guide them. Neither jameson nor Lin Wood has a good grip on RNA/DNA, so it's pure BS when it comes from their mouths. I think that is what amazes me the most. Lay people who have little knowledge of DNA acting as if they are experts in it and forming opinions from that ignorance, which are then repeated for the public. It's not only a lie, it ought to be a crime to mislead others that way.

I am thinking of taking my expert's honors course in genetics/RNA/DNA and diseases. I will then be forced to learn all the terms and understand the building blocks of life, because that is what RNA/DNA is all about. Then, maybe, I can come here and pretend to know even a tiny bit as much as the experts know. Well, perhaps with another eight years to get to the Ph.D. level of the experts.

2. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

If I remember correctly, they never did get the 13 markers, they got 9 or 10.
    They got the minimum to do a search.

I agree W.U. There are people on the boards who claim they know more than the experts. These people claim to know more than the chemists, medical doctors, pathologists,latent print examiners,document examiners, etc. These same people have a high school education at the most and have NEVER worked in any of these fields. (unless you can call selling documents to tabloids work)

3. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

That's right Sabrina.

Everyone keeps going on about this DNA. It means NOTHING. It's such a small and degraded sample under the finger nails that they can't even submit it to the data bank.

The DNA in her underwear, same thing. Except like you said Sabrina, it's so small they were only able to get 10 markers. Barely enough to submit.

Now, why wouldn't there be any stong samples of DNA on her from the "intruder?" How did the DNA get so degraded?

Let me bring it back around to you.

There was a 3 page ransom note. With Patsy'isms all over it.

There was staging.

The Ramsey lied so much we don't have time to go into it.

The DNA means NOTHING.

4. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

The Ramseys got lucky that there is this red herring DNA, that's all.

Many crime scenes have unexplained evidence. A hair, a print, DNA,a fiber.

We do not live in a pristine world.

5. Elle

Elle Member

WY,

Thank you for all your excellent posts on the DNA.
    I hope you do take this course. You make a damn good job of explaining about it here. The very fact you worked for a DNA expert, tells me you must have picked up a lot while there. You had first hand knowledge right on the spot. You can't get it any better than that. I'm jealous!

6. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

It would be FANTASTIC if WY did this.

PLEEEEAAASE do it WY. We need a true expert.

Let's all remember this DNA is not blood. Nor is it defensive flesh. It's nothing. It's the type of DNA we all have on us. That's it.

7. Elle

Elle Member

Off topic, but still related

Recently I watched the following movie:

Murder by Numbers 2002 (Sandra Bullock)

Plot: Two high school students commit a series of "perfect" murders then seem to end up in a contest with a clever homicide detective (Sandra Bullock)

These two students are fooling around with each other, with one pulling a fake gun on the other, then attempting to grasp his throat to strangle him, and the one getting strangled tells him he'll be found in minutes through transference; that there would be fibers all over him; even his hair, and fingerprints on his neck; that it would just take days for the cops to find him. The one doing the strangling tells him they can't take fingerprints off skin, and he's told that they can with a "magna brush" a fingerprint camera, a 99 gun or with silver transfer sheets.

Huh? I hope I got that part right. Played it back and double checked it. I haven't heard of any of these forensics mentioned in the JonBenét case (?). Maybe I've been watching too many CSI series.(?)

Did the washing down of JonBenét stymie the Boulder police here from capturing all of the above stated in the movie?

8. Little

Little Member

Ella - this is what I have re: attempts to find prints, etc. on JonBenet's body.
    There may be more - I'll do some more file searching :)

Little

9. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you Little for posting this. I do remember reading about this being done at the autopsy, but no one was pinpointed. I was just wondering how they could still find good evidence after she was washed down (?). The bruises would still remain on her body, but if their skin actually touched her, then the oil from their fingers or face, would have been washed away during the clean-up. This is my concern. They couldn't capture fingerprints after this, could they?

I wonder if they wore gloves when using the cord for the ligature (?). I don't remember anything along the lines of anything being actually found on the cord itself.

I'm sure they handled her with gloves when it came to the cleaning her body. Fibers were found, but again they didn't pinpoint the Ramsey for those (?). Frustrating!

Thanks for jogging my memory on this, Little.

10. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

“While Arndt noted the possibility of such fluids on the girl's upper and inner right and left thighs, it later was determined no such fluids were on the girl's body.â€

By whom?

“Trujillo ended up using a different, simpler method to lift one partial print.â€

Was it matched?

â€Meyer decided not to make note of those events in his report. Afterward, he had continued with an internal examination of the body.â€

Strange he would choose not to document this in his report, although it was strictly a police procedure, not a medical one. Could be why he opted to eliminate it.

Elle: “They couldn't capture fingerprints after this, could they?â€

It’s my understanding that the entire body was not washed down, only below the waist. This would render any fingerprints on the remainder of the body still viable enough for capture.

11. Freespirit

Freespirit Member

Sometimes I wonder. . .

If all this propaganda regarding the DNA is only to pollute a potential jury someday. The average person watching the tube does not know the totality of evidence in the Ramsey case, they only get blurbs here and there like this recent 48 hours mystery ~ I had people at work the next day asking me, 'hey, did you see they have DNA evidence that cleared the parents?"

I think this is the goal. Wood's mission is to cultivate reasonable doubt. Do you ever wonder if Bennett could be closing in? Is this why the 48 hours show came out? Are we getting closer to an arrest?

Think about it. The Ramseys were very happy that the DA took the case, right? Now we have Bennett who has been on the case for over a year and has yet to clear John and Patsy. Is Wood getting scared? Why can't they just sit back and let Bennett do his job? Why put this crap out about suspects that don't exist? Why can't they just let the evidence defend them if they are innocent?

Are they afraid of what is coming?

12. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

If it were me, Freespirit, I'd be afraid the FOX is coming.

13. Elle

Elle Member

Strange, right enough, Deja, that Myers didn't document. Something wrong with this scene (?). I'm sure we would have heard about the other prints by now, or would we, when we read of Myers not documenting this important part?

14. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Partial Print

Perhaps the partial print matched John or Patsy, so there would be a reason for its being there, just as with their DNA.

If it was a "foreign" print, I'm sure Lou Smit would have used that to bolster his intruder theory.

15. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Or perhaps it could have been one of the cops. Considering Arndt relocated the body once it was brought upstairs, it could have been hers, or one of the coroner's assistants. Who knows. :nuts:

16. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Best and Worst of 2004

Found on Worst of Arkansas, 2004:

WORST Keynote

When Gov. Huckabee wasn’t turning murderers loose, he was keeping company with similarly disreputable types, as when he attended the Arkansas Leadership Prayer Breakfast in April, along with John and Patsy Ramsey, parents of the 6-year-old beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey, murdered in 1996. John Ramsey was the keynote speaker at the breakfast, and his topic was the need for religious faith in trying times, such as when pretty much everybody involved in a high-profile murder case, and also everybody else in the world, figures you for the killer or the No. 1 accomplice. ;)

17. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Yes!!!

18. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

The only "DNA" that's ever cleared the Ramseys is Don't Need Any DNA." :moron:

19. Gossamer

Gossamer Banned

We do? I think they are innocent victims whose daughter was killed by a violent sociopath. The DNA under her fingernails is when she was fighting for her life. BTW the DNA does not belong to her loving parents.

The death penalty is definately out. They already tried to convict two innocent people.

20. Gossamer

Gossamer Banned

I for one hope they sue the pants of of everyone and their mother. If it were my daughter and my life, it would certainly by my modus operandi.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice