Evidence of....... Evidence suggestive of.....

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by sue, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

maybe -

but consider what position she would have to be in to hit that part of her head.
    Position your head so that it would hit a corner where the damage to her head was. Seems like an odd way to hit a surface. I think it more likely she was struck by someone taller than her - striking with a downward motion.
    Having said that I will add my standard disclaimer - I'm not a Dr., and add this disclaimer, children can be in odd positions so who knows what happened? I sure wish I knew.

2. sue

sue Member

I think that is possible (sort of a slingshot effect) or if the adult tripped and fell with the child, the child would strike the object with a force of their weight plus the weight of the adult times the speed they were moving at.

I have experience with a tripping fall with my youngest daughter. She is disabled with cerebral palsy. I was walking behind her, supporting her with my arms under her arms one night going into her bedroom. Her legs got tangled and I tripped on her feet. We were headed for the edge of her dresser, and since she was in front of me, she would hit first. I was able to twist slightly so that we didn't hit the sharp edge and my shoulder hit the dresser first instead of her face hiting it. She hit my shoulder and ended up with a black eye and pretty well bruised side of her face. I ended up with a bruised shoulder and we actually fell against the side of the dresser rather than falling all the way onto the floor. I shudder to think what would have happened if we had hit the corner of the dresser instead of hitting it a bit more square.
    From that experience, I think it would be very possible to do a lot of damage if an adult fell with a child against something like the side of a bathtub or a bedpost. Or, if force was somehow added to the movement of the child by the adult's action.

3. sue

sue Member

I don't think it would be that difficult to be in the position to hit that part of the head. All she had to do was hit something lower than her.
    If the injury was to the top of the head (the part that is parallel to the floor when standing up), then it would be harder. The part that was injured could have been hit against something in a number of ways.

4. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Enormous force needed and date on headstone

Texan, I agree with you on that part. Am also not a doctor but do read books on forensic pathology. You need an enormous force to crack a skull in such a way. That is what I read in my books as well. A blow to the head is far more likely to me too. The blow must have been devastating and the cracking of the skull must have made an incredible noise.

Elle, the pineapple is the problem. The Ramsey’s refuse to admit, let alone give the time at which JonBenét consumed the pineapple. There is reason to believe she was murdered on the 25th, I believe (that is if I remember it correctly) the death certificate says the 26th, as the autopsy report also gives as date 26th and time 1323.
    Yet, look at the date of the headstone it says the 25th. Why change the date of death, unless the Ramsey’s knew she died before midnight!

5. Little

Little Member

Well, I guess the bottom line is all we do know is that JonBenet was found dead in her own home. We know she suffered a severe fracture to her head. We don’t know what led up to that incident; we do know that the final condition she was in was no accident; we do know that John, Patsy & Burke were in the home.

Little

6. Elle

Elle Member

The Ramsey's lies are confirmed by the tale JonBenét's body is silently telling us, and they have to keep on telling them to counteract it. Sylvia.

According to John Ramsey they dated the stone 25 December, 1996 to remind the world she died at Christmas. This in itself is strange. Steve thomas thinks
    they knew this is when she died.

7. Elle

Elle Member

I have thought about this, and arriving at the conclusion you have stated, Texan, would make it premeditated murder, would it not? This would change everything. I wish I knew too. It is good to have your valued opinion.

8. Elle

Elle Member

Sue,

Glad you and your youngest daughter recovered from this accident. That was a nasty one, and your quick thinking saved it from being more severe.

9. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Not necessarily premeditated. When I'm pushed over the limit, I just start swinging.

Yes, I've considered both "being hit" and "hit against," and there is one thing that bothers me: There was not only a large bruise where the skull was fractured, but on the opposite side of the brain, which suggests to me a rebound off of an object. Plus, we're dealing with a child's skull, not the skull of a full-grown person. Power is not as important as leverage. Master Ji taught me that. Let's say there was a fight. JB struck out at Patsy. And one thing led to another.

No matter how you slice it, one thing remains: the evidence supports the idea that she was struck first, then strangled.

and as for positioning, well, I was a kid myself not to long ago. I can't tell you how many times I hurt myself in odd ways.

10. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Elle, I don't think it would make it automatically premeditated murder, although you never know of course. Many scenarios’ are still possible even if she was hit. Such a sudden rage attack directed against JB or someone else. However, what happened afterwards was premeditated and evidence says she was still alive for a while.

11. Elle

Elle Member

I understand what you're all saying here, but I'm thinking in terms of Texan talking about someone being taller than JonBenét and striking her over the head. This doesn't sound like an accidental situation - know what I mean?

When an adult a lot older, taller and stronger stands over a child and hits them over the head with a heavy object, I would say it was intentional, as opposed to throwing a child around and the child is propelled into a wall or a bath, whatever (?).

Why the need for a heavy object to subdue a little six year old girl in the first place? This is why I thought Patsy in a rage threw her around with great force.

12. sue

sue Member

Thanks. We were very lucky, although she looked pretty nasty for about 10 days. The "funny" thing was that people who didn't know her saw her in her wheelchair and assumed she was using the wheelchair in connection with the head injury.
    I do think though that it would be very possible for JB to have fallen or been pushed with great force against something. Especially considering that it was late at night (so she would be tired and maybe not as quick to react) and that since she was only 47 inches tall and 45 pounds, many things that would be below an adult's head level if they fell with great force or were pushed forcefully into them, would be right at her's.

13. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Glad your daughter came out fine. I know what a handicap means.

Just one question, did you have injuries as well, even if only a bruise, abrasion?

14. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

If aiming at someone else, missed and hit JB instead by accident would be possible.

I always wondered why was the flashlight so clean, I mean no fingerprints, not even on the batteries.....

15. sue

sue Member

I had a bruise on the back/side of my shoulder and arm where I hit the dresser and another (less aparent) bruise on the front side of my shoulder and arm where my daughter's head hit me. We left for Disney World the next day, so I was wearing short sleeved and sleeveless clothing. People who saw my daughter and me actually asked if we had been in an automobile accident. If I had been wearing less revealing clothing, I doubt that anyone would have noticed my bruises.
    I have no doubt though that if my daughter had hit first and then I had hit her, I would have badly injured her. I don't remember how quickly either one of us had visible bruises, but I know it wasn't right away. I called the doctor's emergency number and at the time I called, my daughter had no visible injury.

16. sue

sue Member

I wonder if they used the flashlight to move around in the house during the staging. Using a flashlight would be less visible than turning on lights in the middle of the night. Also because a flashlight gives a fairly small light, anyone who does see it will mostly just see a light, not what the person with the light was doing.
    The flashlight might have been wiped because they didn't know whether they got anything on it or not and were just being thorough or the wiped flashlight may have also been part of the staging.

17. Elle

Elle Member

This theory has been talked about before, Sue and Sylvia. Some posters thought Patsy may have caught John in the act of misbehaving with JonBenét, taking a swipe at him with the flashlight she may have already had in her hand, missing him, and hitting JonBenét. The family may have been accustomed to using a flashlight during the night, as opposed to bright lights (?).

It's not my theory. I'll stick with the "over harassed mother" theory.

Neighbours reported strange lighting from the house, which may have been the flashlight (?).

18. sue

sue Member

I don't think the flashlight was used to hit her at all. I don't see how the flasshlight could have caused that damage.
    I think the flashlight is one of those 'red herrings' that is probably connected to the crime (otherwise it would not have been cleaned), but just as a light, nothing else.

19. dingo

dingo Member

Could she have been thrown down the stairs collecting the green garland on the way

20. sue

sue Member

Some of the things I have read about head injuries say that (except in TV shows) falls down stairs rarely cause much damage other than bumps and bruises. They are usually actually a bunch of small falls rather than one large fall. And if someone falls from the top of a stairway down in one fall (like being pushed off a landing to the floor below) they would have more bruises, broken bones on their body.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice