Forensic evidence

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by rashomon, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Tril, thank you for putting the "q's" in your signature.

How anyone can look at it and still say Patsy didn't write the note is beyond me.

2. rashomon

rashomon Member

I think they left the pen and note pad there deliberately because they wanted to implicate the housekeeper LHP.
    Patsy stated that she thought the housekeeper had left a note for her on the stairs; it was Patsy herself who said (even before JB' dead body had been found!) that the low and irregular sum was strange. I suppose she wanted to suggest LHP might have seen John's recent payslip containing the bonus lying around somewhere on his desk. And the Ramseys mentioned that LHP had asked Patsy for a loan, and named her among the first suspects. There is no question imo about the Ramseys wanting to throw LHP under the bus with their staging.

3. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Yeah, a lot of folks don't consider that they were already lining up lambs for slaughter.

4. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

I know I harp on this...but pluck away I will... I feel too many consider the whole event with the benefit of hidsight as it applies to the why's and wherefore's regarding the activities and methods of the Ramseys.. none of which is evident of some meticulously planned event.. Im sure there was never the intenrion that JB would die that night...so everything from that moment on was improvised , and done so with the bizzarre attitude to create a coverup...they used what was at hand..and applied their best efforts at a trail of clues..... they were trying to "Package " the event and subsequently ensure so much contamination of the crime scene as to make it useless ( the most effective thing they did , save "lose a few items off of the site ).

we can now look back and proffer this or that as being some continuous and plausible motive etc.. we expect all the bits of the jigsaw to fit..indeed we expect al the bits to be there...they arent and it wont !!....They had the good frtune ( for them ) to have the contacts and money to bull(y)doze this whole unfortunate event into the abyss that is Boulder..

its more brute force that skillful ruse....

Sleepy Hollow got woken up....and it chose th e "Snooze" button instead of getting up!!

5. heymom

heymom Member

No, that's a good message to keep harping on, Kanga! It's easy to "Monday Morning Quarterback" and look from where we are standing to see a completed bridge across the bay, but they were just flying by the seat of their pants, perhaps with a plan given to them by lawyers or people in or near law enforcement. I do think that Punisher is right, though, about the people they could blame right away. The more I think and consider, the more I think they both planned the cover-up. Maybe Patsy did the staging and John thought up the plan to put the spotlight away from them and onto whoever was close enough to catch the stuff they were spraying.

But whatever happened, it was only their good luck that the event happened in Boulder, Colorado. If they'd been in Charlevoix or Atlanta, I don't believe we'd be here right now.

6. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

yes.....am pretty positive ( well as anyone can be ) that both were participants in the event post death...i just think maybe that was a solo function...but after that it was a team effort.. with patsy reminding him to stick by her...( just in case he was wavering )..
    and yes...quite possibly they had certain advice to try to camouflage in this manner or that..to point to any where but home etc.. and then they went to it with vigour.. .. they did the best they could with their resources...those being... the state of mind as was, the physical nature of the scene, the ppl at call.. etc.. ..
    all in all they did a pretty good job...how one loses a duaghter and "do a pretty good job" is well beyond my thinkings..but they did...

yep monday morning experts !! etc.. they must be in disbelief of the luck they have had since !!

7. heymom

heymom Member

Fear and adrenaline can do a lot for a person! I'm sure there was a lot of energy/terror in that house that night...it pains me to think.

Heymom

8. Spade

Spade Member

I agree that both John and Patsy staged the scene BEFORE they found out that someone under 10 couldn't be held criminally culpable. When Bynum told them that important fact, more than likely he also told them that possibly THEY could be held criminally culpable for their staging efforts. IMO this is the basis for the ongoing argument between Fleet White, the Ramseys and the Ramsey lawyers. (Remember Bynum telling FW to say out of it at 5PM 12/26/96)

My personal opinion, absolutely no confirmation from FW, is that the White's opinion was then and continues to this day that the only way out of this mess is to tell the truth. Too bad johnny boy doesn't agree.

9. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

yep...they got the "oh by thge way call a bit late !!".. at end of day Jb was probably ony 20 ft from justice....

it will come one day!!

10. heymom

heymom Member

That makes total sense. Maybe they did the staging/coverup before they actually spoke to Bynum and didn't tell him about the sexual abuse, just about the accident/homicide. I think if it had been just an accident, or even a rage-induced accident, the Ramseys might have come clean, but along with the sexual abuse, I can't see anyone admitting to that. And if they confessed to the accident, how could they defend the abuse? Quite the problem.

11. wombat

wombat Member

If Fleet and Priscilla testified to the grand jury, would not they have included what they know about Burke?

I am not questioning the Whites - however, if by 5 PM Fleet was involved in discussions regarding Burke, would not his testimony have reflected this?

So why no obstruction indictments?

12. Spade

Spade Member

Excellent question!!!!! Maybe if the person who was responsible for JonBenet's death was under the age of criminal culpability it was not obstruction.

13. wombat

wombat Member

Obstruction of justice can be charged just for interfering with a criminal investigation. Perjury is lying under oath. And in Federal world, it's a crime to lie to a Federal investigator (ask Martha Stewart).

So even if the perp was under 10, it could be argued that just fibbing in depositions etc could have resulted in charges, elsewhere on the planet from Boulderworld.

14. Tril

Tril Member

Maybe during their testimony, the Whites weren't asked any questions pertaining to Burke, except about his owning Hi-Tec boots.

15. rashomon

rashomon Member

Imo the 'brute force' was the head bash, and what followed was a quite a bit of skillful ruse and staging.
    I don't believe that Patsy Ramsey, who was the wife of a multimillionaire, didn't know that the $ 118, 000 dollar sum she wrote in the ransom note was, plain and simple, ridiculous, considering the Ramseys' wealth. No way.
    Imo this was no confused and panic-driven Patsy (Delmar England's theory) who wrote the note, not knowing what she was doing - I think it was a panic-driven Patsy who consciously put that irregular sum in the note to implicate her housekeeper.
    Even before JB's body was found (PMPT pb, p. 15):

Imo it sticks out like a sore thumb what Patsy was driving at.
    LHP was among the first people the Ramseys named as suspects. Patsy said she thought the note on the stairs had been left by the housekeeper, and that she had given LHP a loan.
    A low-paid housekeeper (to whom $ 118,000 probably was an awful lot of money) who might have seen John's payslip lying on his desk, came in handy for the Ramseys to throw under the bus.

16. sboyd

sboyd Member

I agree with you Rashomon. :wave:

17. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

I have always thought it was John who told Patsy to put his bonus amount in the note, to make it look like someone from Access Graphics was involved. He continued in that direction by bringing up Jeff Merrick's name several times to whoever would listen.

On the radio last month, Merrick said he was called in three times, and the third time Steve Thomas asked him, "Why does John Ramsey keep bringing up your name?".

18. Elle

Elle Member

No! Not her housekeeper, Linda Hoffman Pugh, rashomon. She would not have known about the $118,000 bonus. Patsy Ramsey was the one who knew, although she denied it. This was purposely entered to detract the crime from them, and direct the Boulder Police to investigate the Access Graphics staff, because of the figure being the same as John Ramsey's bonus. This was Patsy and John's strategy. Jeff Merrick knew about his bonus and was interviewed. How could the Ramseys do this to a colleague of John's?

I heard the audio of Jeff Merrick on one of the youtube audios. He was a very well spoken intelligent man. and he was happy to tell his side of things.

http://dimwit.byethost5.com/jeff merrick.mp3 Courtesy of Yum Yum

19. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

lol..possibly some intent of language gets lost in our different dilaects !! lol...

by brute force and ruse ..i shall clarify as to my meanings.... force is this instance nothing to do with the whack per se....just the method of ensurrignthe ramsey way got done and the little ol PD and BDA to follow his intents.. i.e brute force.. the bullying of his legalese henchmen..

there was no real cleverness to the ruse.. all made up on the fly.. grasping at this...and that...take this number..insert that acronym etc.. bumbling their way through the staging... had it been any reasonably competent police force both would have been behind bars.... they werent... more a case of ineptitude rather than any mesaurable ability to hoodwink with staging and such..

Their ( ramseys) story had more and bigger holes than the titanic...had the white line had Ramsey on side then DiCaprio would have been out of a job!!

quite simply the R's lucked out.. not by design...by happenstance !!

20. Elle

Elle Member

The amazing and annoying thing Kanga, is in spite of all of what you have stated above, the Ramseys still walked away from 755 15th Street free as the birds that fly in the sky. UNBELIEVABLE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice