John Ramsey to appear on Oprah

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by S.F., Aug 18, 2008.

1. Little

Little Member

John Ramsey forgives the media

sigh

2. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Uh...excuse me, but maybe you could help me with this, Little.

Which "prosecutorS" is John talking about? Has Mary Lacy now MULTIPLIED like an ameoba somehow?

Boy, they never miss a chance to distort the truth in the Ramsey propaganda machine, do they? Every little bit helps--obstruct justice.... :yes:

As for that "cyberspace lynching", since this article appeared on google mere moments after John's episode was aired on TV, again the Ramseys want to have their cake and eat it, too. Feel free to report their DISINFORMATION, but NEVAH EVAH QUESTION THEIR DECEPTIONS! Sure John forgives, now that his legal **** Lin Wood has censored the press per se and nothing but Ramsey spin makes it on air anymore. No truth allowed, so John forgives any OFFENSIVE TRUTH that escaped into the public in the past in spite of the Ramsey nazi squad.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  3. Shadow

Shadow FFJ Senior Content Moderator

KK - "I hope Cullen Davis and John Ramsey become dear friends if they haven't already--now THERE are two "SURVIVORS"! Maybe Oprah should have Cullen on with John Ramsey. I think it would be a real touching show. Bring in John Mark Karr, as well!! After all, as John Ramsey said, Poor PERV KARR is to be PITIED for the MEAN OLD MEDIA after him! I mean, just because PERV KARR CONFESSED to murdering JonBenet, not to mention UNSPEAKABLE ACTS with her, means nothing! Yes, John Ramsey, Cullen Davis, and PERV Karr. Now that's a show Oprah should have!"

You forgot OJ, KK??

4. Little

Little Member

I wish I could help you KK but honestly I'm still busy shaking my head over that remark. May I get back to you??

Shadow,
    That's a good idea. Maybe she could have Karr's "ex" on too.

(sorry if this has already been posted)
    Source: http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/2008...97581220894289/

5. koldkase

Oh, sure, OJ is a welcome addition to any show honoring umbrella people who got away with it! Gosh...can you imagine THAT repartee?

6. koldkase

Oh, that dear Mother-from-Hell, Brooke! Missing her manly man, PERV KARR, I see. And stupid, as ever. At least her little girl might have caught a break with this "break-up"...if it lasts.

Yeah, at the end of her show, Oprah can bring PERV KARR on the show with Ramsey, Cullen, and OJ. Then she can bring in Brooke and that would make about the sickest five people on a stage perhaps in history. Oprah would outdo herself on that one.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  7. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Too late. Mary Lacy already had her peeps, Lou, Ollie and Mickey Mouth Tracey get out their pneumatic drills (Tracey used his nose) and do the deed. Lacy has also declared a National Holiday in honor of her idiotic, and unethical, exhoneration of John Ramsey. It is to be celebrated on December 26th. The Brits and Aussie call that Boxing Day, but here it will appropriately be called ButtKissing Day.

Attached Files:

8. S.F.

S.F. Member

Ah, yes "KoldKase", (Can I get a witness?) you took the words right out of my mouth on that one. That, my friend (JR looking AWAY from the pagent footage) was just one of the major head scratchers for me. I mean, what the heck difference does it make? You'd think he'd be PROUD of his daughter's accomplishments, regardless if it were pagents, violin,dance, or whatever. I mean after all, the pagents were (quote) "Not a MAJOR part of her life", right? You'd think he'd DEFEND his own kid that he *cared* so much about & just say, "Hey, I don't care WHAT people think, she was a great kid & had a lot going for her. And I'm PROUD of that. That footage represents the good times we had, & OUR memories---no one else's."

BTW, Rams, aren't you about 12 years TOO late to be *upset* about the pagent footage being used as media *wallpaper*? The press has been using this stuff since day ONE.....I mean, you've had over a freaking DECADE to gather other footage,photos,etc. that would *represent* JonBenet's memory differently....El Tonto. I guess the answer is obvious, as "KoldKase" alluded to: The pagents WERE a major part of her life, & not the other (alleged) *activities*. When the public showed a reaction that was opposite than what he & Patsy expected (that their daughter was some kind of great "pagent prodigy"), they quickly changed their tunes.

And let's say, for the sake of brevity, all right, they DIDN'T have any video footage of her other than pagents, he sat there & claimed to have OTHER photos of the kid. Why not provide those photos as an "exclusive" for the show to change people's perceptions if he's that *concerned* about JonBenet being portrayed as *only* a beauty queen? Seems to me that Mr. Rams,once again, has just stuck another *nail* in his own coffin & proven to the world once more what a real (allegedly GUILTY) moron he truly is :foot: . If I were his lawyer, after that display of idiocy , I would have delivered him a solid,cold *pimp slap* for doing it & being so flippin' stupid.

As for Miss "O"'s question: Trust me, she knew exactly what she was doing :yes: I was way curious to see if she would drop a lil' *bomb* on Mr. Rams---and she delivered. Oprah can be slick here-and-there. She has a tendency to do that with people she doesn't completely trust---or believe. I've seen her pull that trick out of the hat with media crime *suspects/victims* who are "under the umbrella" many a time. Oprah can be a *softie* sometimes, that's true, but ONLY, it seems with people she truly believes are INNOCENT. I got the feeling that Miss "O" wasn't quite buying the Ramsey "Wolf Tickets" if you know what I mean.

SIDEBAR: As for the soon-to-be-infamous "Blue Dress" statements: I mean, sorry if this is an inappropriate reaction, but I just about busted a gut. I mean, I had to go searching for my bum after that clip----I lost track of it because the laugh attack was that severe....I mean, your kid's been practically butchered & sexually assaulted & all you can think about is how your stupid dress will look on camera. Um, yeah. Tres Smooth Patsy ( this alleged action also deserved of a *pimp slap*). If by that little episode, people can't see how self-centered & manipulative she was, I don't know what else TO say. That takes me back to something father of a missing/murdered child had said years ago: "When my child was missing, I could barely get down a piece of pizza". Sheesh, what a difference actually caring about your child makes.....

Hmmm....I'm dying curiously to know if that's the same dark blue(?) dress Detective Thomas alluded to in the "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town" TV movie? The one she wore in the infamous 1997 press conference (or the 1st Larry King interview the Rams did---I can't quite recall if she wore a different one in that interview) I'm wondering if John wasn't delivering another sublimal slap in the face to Thomas by making such an asinine,lame-brained statement/ *explaination* for her wearing the dang thing so many times (if it's the same one). I recall there was a HUGE flap with the BPD over Patsy wearing the same clothes for 2 days in a row,etc..

9. Thor

Thor Active Member

Oh gawd Greenie, ole Lizard Tongue looks at home there with his stony face. That is funny. And I thought that tongue was working over time today on Oprah. Same ole same ole.

10. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

It was ST who saw PR in the dark blue dress on TV and realized it was the same dress she'd worn when he interviewed her. During that interview, PR was asked about the fact that she had been wearing the exact same outfit when LE arrived after the 911 call as she had worn to the White's party the day before. She obviously did not realize that it was something LE would ask about or pay attention too. I mean, with a kidnapped little girl for them to find, I believe PR never thought LE would pay attention to what SHE was wearing.
    After being questioned and realizing that it was, indeed, noticed by LE that she was wearing the same clothes as the previous day, and by now realizing WHY that was suspicious (as in "never went to bed that night despite telling police that everyone had gone to bed when the "kidnapping" occurred) she knew she had to make a fashion statement by wearing the same dress for their CNN TV appearance as she had worn in front of ST (to make him think such a thing was common with her). ST recognized immediately what she was up to, though.

11. koldkase

I had that feeling myself about Oprah's reaction to John. I can't think of ONE parent or close family member of a murder victim who goes on TV years later and does not ONCE make a plea for the public to HELP FIND THE UNIDENTIFIED KILLER, CALL THIS NUMBER, etc. I can't think of one who doesn't talk ABOUT THE MURDER VICTIM...except John. This is TWICE for him now, last time on LKL after Patsy died and for the 10th anniversary of the murder. John Ramsey is as carefree of any hunt for that old intruder as if HE NEVER EXISTED.

You said a mouthful there. John had taken a few too many of his "happy" drugs before the show or he was really in the dark about Patsy, which would fit into some theories we know of.... Is John trying to make us think that the Ramseys expected LE to pull that old intruder out of thin air and whip him in front of the cameras before the Ramseys were even notified or prepared? Or is John just trying to add another MYTH the RST can point at and say, See, would the Ramseys be prepared to go on TV at all times when the intruder was caught if there WERE no intruder? (hahaha That's so Ramsey of him, I think that was it, myself.) The Ramseys love to make up stuff like that and then use it as PROOF of innocence! Believe me when I say IT WILL HAPPEN.

12. koldkase

I thought of you every time he whipped out that tongue, Thor! :floor:

13. koldkase

Oh my god!! Don't give the Republic of Boulder any ideas! Spacy Lacy will have Team Ramsey on that mountain in the Flat Irons--what is it, Devil? Iron? Iron Devil?--with Patsy's and John's mugs carved out before she turns her DA doorknob the last time!

ON the other hand...Boulder kind of deserves it, on the whole....

14. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Oh Chero,

Just precious! :floor: However, to make it truly "monumental" for Rushmore, shouldn't John have the others there? How about Smit? Tracy? Jams? Lacy (can they make stone hair curtains?)?

Then it would be complete

15. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Sooooooooo, I take it that the show isn't going to air on the 11th after all and I missed it completely?! Was Suma there?!

16. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Isn't that the truth!

17. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

I'm sorry you missed it! There should be a transcript of the show out soon, if it's not already.

18. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

I have received a rush transcript that was done by an anonymous friend of FFJ. They stayed up until the early hours of this morning playing the tape of the show over and over to make sure they got the words right.

Transcript of John Ramsey's appearance on "Oprah" - 9/10/08

Oprah voiceover (with video playing of Ramsey house in CO and family photos):
    On December 26, 1996, John Ramsey discovered his 6-year-old daughter’s lifeless body in the basement of his family’s Boulder CO home. She had been sexually assaulted, strangled and bludgeoned to death. Right away John and Patsy Ramsey were considered suspects.

Mark Beckner on video clip: “They do remain under an umbrella of suspicion.”

Oprah voiceover: They were never formally charged by authorities. But for over a decade, the Ramsey family lived under a cloud of suspicion.

John Ramsey on video clip: “The police were quickly focusing on us as the killers! We’ve been tried, convicted and probably in some people’s minds executed, in the public court. “

Patsy Ramsey on video clip: “Without benefit of a trial. I love my children. I wouldn’t harm them for anything in the world.

In the video clip Patsy breaks down crying and she puts her head on John’s shoulder. John says to Patsy while patting her head: It’s okay. JonBenet is okay. She is with us. “

Oprah voiceover: Sadly, Patsy Ramsey died on June 24, 2006 after a long battle with ovarian cancer. At the time of her death, she and her husband were still widely perceived as suspects in their daughter’s murder.

Live to Oprah’s studio:

O: Well this summer breaking news put John Ramsey back in the headlines. John, his late wife Patsy, and their son Burke were formally exonerated by the Boulder CO District Attorney. She cited new DNA evidence that clears the family of any involvement in JonBenet’s killing. And, John Ramsey is here.

JR: Thank you. Thank you.

O: Obviously they told you before the news announcement. Right?

JR: Yes they did.

O: And so when you heard that, how did it feel? Was it a hollow feeling?

JR: First and foremost, we felt it was progress.

O: It felt like progress.

JR: We knew without a doubt that now we had good solid DNA. Ahh, which is really what the solution of this case is pinned on now.

O: How is this DNA different than other DNA?

JR: Well it’s not, and that’s the good news. Ah, there was DNA, we knew there was DNA all along of…ah, the police really didn’t pay attention to it. When the district attorney took the case over, they did pay attention to it, extracted some samples from JonBenet’s clothing that gave them enough to put into the database. What this new testing did, was, and it’s a kind of a new technology called Touch DNA, they found more of the same DNA in other parts of her clothing. So it was just overwhelmingly conclusive that is was indeed the killer’s DNA.

O: Wow.

JR: Yeah.

O: This is part of a letter, Mary Lacy, the Boulder District attorney wrote to John Ramsey, “To the extent we may have contributed in any way to the public perception that you might have been involved in this crime, “she said, “I am deeply sorry. No innocent person should have to endure such an extensive trial in a court of public opinion.” Did it ever go away…the trial of public opinion?

JR: Well it did, to some degree. In that…the ironic thing throughout this whole ordeal, people were wonderful to us. People would say how is it to be in public. It’s wonderful. Individual people were wonderful to us. Of course the media was cruel. That portrayed the image everyone was cruel, but they weren’t.

O: And the media was cruel in that… What do you want to say about that?

JR: Well, it was a rush to judgment. A cyberspace lynching, I guess. That would be a way to look at it. I got a lot of letters eventually from people who said, “Please forgive me, I thought you were guilty.” And I would write back, “How could you have thought anything else, based upon what you were told. So certainly I forgive you.”

O: Do you forgive the media?

JR: Well, I do. Cuz’ you can’t hold anger. There’s certainly, what we learned was there’s certainly a responsible part of the media and an irresponsible part of the media, a reckless part. Ahhh.

O: Weren’t you upset though? I read you were upset or heard that you were upset that even responsible media were quoting tabloids.

JR: That was an issue. I picked up a USA Today, and on the front page there was an article that said, “It was reported that in the Globe,” which is a tabloid, ‘such and such about the Ramsey case.’ I thought, ‘Holy Mackerel, look what this is.’ I mean here is a reputable national media source quoting from a tabloid. The tragedy is, the tabloids, they figured out…(fade to commercial)

Oprah voiceover: My conversation with Jon Ramsey continues. Coming up, (Oprah asks John) You must have suspicions about who the killer could be. (John appears to nod). That’s next.

(Back from commercial)

O: Do your regret Patsy passed and never got to hear those words, ‘You’re exonerated.’'

JR: Well, I (garbled) that she kinda’ knows what’s going on. And um, Patsy was a very strong person, very positive person. Any time we traveled she took a blue dress with her. And the blue dress was to in case they found the killer, and if she was asked to be interview, she could wear the blue dress. And she did that for years, and finally gave up hauling the blue dress around. So, yea.

O: She lived believing that they were going to find the killer.

JR: Yep.

O: You must have suspicions about who the killer could be.

JR: We believe they came in while we were out, waited for us to go to bed, to sleep and um, ah, took JonBenet from her room. Um, I’ve said always said I don’t know anybody this evil or have anyone around me this evil. This was a horribly evil act.

O: That you now of.

JR: That I know of. We were in a relatively small town, uh, we had a relatively large business, so we were fairly visible. So I don’t know.

O: Did you feel that the police in any way bungled this whole thing?

JR: Oh yeah. Yeah. I don’t know how to say that in a polite way, but they were inexperienced, ahhh, had a lot of arrogance, and that’s a very
    dangerous combination. And so certainly they did.

O: And in the beginning did you understand why you would be suspect?

JR: Yeah, I did. It didn’t make sense. Uhh, but I accepted it. In fact I told the police, “Well okay, investigate us, but for heaven sake, don’t stop with us.” But if course they did. And that was the frustrating part.

O: And you said that Patsy carried the blue dress around. Blue because blue looks good on TV.

JR: Yeah (chuckle).

O: Yeah, it’s a great color to wear. That’s why I thought a lot of people (garbled). Blue is the best color to wear for TV. So she was carrying around the dress with the hopes that one day…

JR: That one day she, we would get a call.

O: That’s right. Was she able to go on with her life?

JR: Oh yeah.

O: To have some meaning in her life.

JR: Yes she was. We realized pretty early on that we needed to get our lives back to normal as best we could, for the sake of our son who was nine at the time. And so that really became our focus, was trying to give Burke a normal life. A normal childhood. And so that really gave us a focus as a couple, as parents.

O: Kate who is our Chicago Skyper has a question for you. Go ahead Kate, what’s your question.

Kate: John, you and your wife were judged so harshly for JonBenet’s participation in the beauty pageants. I am wondering if you think that was part of why public opinion turned on you so completely? Were people just primed to believe the worst already?

JR: I think that partly was it. Yeah. We, that was not a big part of JonBenet’s life. Patsy had a philosophy of letting her kids experience what ever they wanted to do. So JonBenet took violin lessons, piano lessons, rock climbing lessons. They wanted to try it, and JonBenet wanted to try that. And she was an extreme extrovert. Ah, she loved to sing.

O: Was their any video of the violin, rock climbing and all those things?

JR: No, and we didn’t even take the video of the pageants. That was taken by the pageant producers.

O: As I was saying, if we had seen video of rock climbing, ballet, or soccer, all the things that people consider …

O & JR together: normal.

JR: Yeah. Well, it…

O: Well, it would have given us a different perception.

JR: Perhaps. But it wasn’t out there, and the actual video wasn’t ours either. But uh.

O: Back to the question. Do you think that hurt you?

JR: Sure it did. It was a southern thing to some degree. Patsy was in the Miss America pageant, and JonBenet liked that. She had Patsy’s genes, “Tadah, here I am!” And so it was a natural thing for her to enjoy. Of course Pasty was criticized for dragging her into these things. It was quite the opposite. She didn’t at all. Patsy was also someone who, ‘If you are going to do it, let’s do it right.’ And they did. They just had fun with it.

O: But I noticed when the tape was running here as we were preparing to go on the air here, that you would look at the tape, but every time the picture of JonBenet would come up, you would look away.

JR: Well…

O: Are you able to have it in a place…

JR: Oh yeah, I have pictures on my dresser. Uhm, I guess what bothers me is the reference to her as a beauty queen. Because that’s not what she was. She was a 6 years old little girl that loved to do lots of different things. Including get dirty. You know, it became a tag line that all media attaches to her name now. Which I don’t think it’s a fair representation of who she really was.

O: She had a full 6 years olds life.

JR: She did. Yeah she did.

O: We’ll be right back.

(Back from commercial)

O: You want the DNA laws changed?

JR: We need each state to pass a law that requires that anyone arrested for a felony is DNA printed, just like they are finger printed. There are 12 states that have passed this law. California is coming on line in 2009. Ah, and it’s, it’s, it’s it will exonerate the innocent and convict the guilty. And we just need to have it happen.

O: That sounds like where we’re going. Don’t you just think it’s a matter of time?

JR: I hope so. I hope so. The sooner the better. It will save lives.

Because premeditated criminals just don’t do one crime and then go back to a normal life. Crimes of that nature are done repeatedly and the quicker we can get those people off the streets, the more lives and pain we will save.

O: Is there something we can do to help you?

JR: Well, it’s an awareness issue. I tell people, and they say, “Don’t we do that already?” No we don’t. In most states we don’t. I think if you live in IL, write the (garbled) of your senate, “Pass this law.” If you live in SC, write your governor, say, “Don’t block this law.”

O: Were you watching Elizabeth?

JR: Yeah.

O: Isn’t she remarkable? In her ability to recover. Have you been able to put this behind you and be able to move forward and be as whole as Elizabeth appears to be?

JR: Well, I don’t know if I am as whole as she is, but uh, but ah, you have to move on. And it’s still… A loss of a child leaves a hole in your heart. It doesn’t heal and you’re a changed person. But you have other children, we have other children that we love dearly. That’s a reason to go on and take each day at a time.

O: Patsy’s sister Pam is here. Okay, the producers said to me that it’s a little bitter sweet with seeing Elizabeth. How so?

Pam: I was so anxious to meet her. And when I walked out and saw how beautiful and just how wonderful she’s come back from this situation, I couldn’t help but think of JonBenet. And how she would look similar, be off to college this year and wondering what wonderful things would have been in her journey.

O: For information on the DNA database, go to Oprah.com. Thank you John and Pam.

JR: Thank you for having us.

19. twinkiesmom

twinkiesmom Member

Notice the stumble over the word sleep. I don't think anyone slept that night...except maybe Burke.

20. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I used to think Oprah was the bomb, but her self-serving, over-the-top, look, notice what a wonderful person I am, very expensive and very public giveaways and her focus on herself in her magazines turned my stomach. I no longer watch her show, and I have never bought her magazine. Yes, she has done a lot of good things with her money, but she has let everyone know about it, too.

Even so, I thought Oprah was just a little bit smarter than to fall for the propaganda from Mary Lacy about the DNA and I thought she would figure it out for herself like most logical people can.

Obviously, I was wrong about Oprah - she's not interested in the truth - she's interesting in ratings. Imagine that.

BTW, I didn't watch the show.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice