JonBenet's summer home

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Aurora, Jul 27, 2003.

1. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Cassie

It wouldn't matter how experienced the lead detective was as long as the DA's office was unwilling to bring the case to trial. JMH&CPO.

2. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Fedorax posted:
    There was urine on the sheets.

This I believe. I believe this is one of the pieces of evidence held back. Why?

Because I don't believe for one second Thomas would have come to his conclusion if there hadn't been any fresh urine on the sheets. JMHO.

Cassie Boulder didn't have any full time homicide detectives. If I am not mistaken the case was given to Thomas because he was such a good detective but I don't think he was "in charge" of it. He was one of the lead detectives. Correct me if I am wrong.

3. Cassie

Cassie Member

VP

Yes, it's true. I can't stand the media. It all started when I used to work for a government public affairs officer. Didn't matter WHAT he said to the press, it was twisted.

Footprints in the snow thing I wouldn't blame on the media -- it was what the BPD told them. I blame BPD for that one.

I want you to turn your attention to the Lacey Peterson case. Please note how none of the cops associated with that case talk in public. Reason? Number one, they'll get their butts fired. (As should have Thomas, Arndt, etc). Number 2, and actually the most important -- it compromises the case.

If the DA had enough evidence to charge someone they would have. Unfortunately the zoo got out of control before they could do anything. Look at is this way, maybe if it hadn't been bungled, even Patsy or John may have been found to have a case against them.

The gay guy was gay. I'm sure most gay people don't run around raping kids, but the point is that the story was blatantly ignored.

4. Cassie

Cassie Member

Tricia

No, he was selected to be the lead detective because it was his "turn". They rotate every so often. Several cop stations work this way, but they should have had him better supervised.

I didn't realize that Fidora said there WAS urine! I thought I read no urine, but you are right, I re-read it.

Question, why supress evidence that your lead detective is broadcasting all over the news?

:rolleyes:

I'm rolling eyes at the question, not at you.

5. Aurora

Aurora Member

Cassie~

If you want to see justice done....as we all do.... then I encourage you to sign the petition to appoint a special prosecuter.

I also think you need to read up on case facts. Steve Thomas laid down his badge over this and his heart was certainly in the right place. If he thinks Patsy did it...he wouldn't say that unless he knows things that we do not. Read his book if you get the chance. I think he used good common sense to draw any conclusion on the evidence. There certainly is more of a probability that Ramsey's are GUILTY than that they are innocent. Only a trial will bring out the truth.

6. Tricia

VP wrote:
    "quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The gay guy was gay. I'm sure most gay people don't run around raping kids, but the point is that the story was blatantly ignored.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would you mind posting the link to the story? "

Yes Cassie I would love to read this story too. WOW. In this day and age an editor would do that? Unbelievable.

Aurora excellent post. Thank you.

This is turning into a great thread.

Cassie I am certain FedoraX wouldn't address this but just so you know.

Fedora is a hat. FedoraX is our poster...LOL.

Cassie I am certain you will love FedoraX's posts. She is a very sincere and caring poster. Plus I have never found any of her posts to be incorrect.

Now granted that doesn't mean I will blindly believe everythnig she says but FedoraX has been right so far. She hasn't missed the mark yet.

I love it when Newbies come to FFJ. Carryon

7. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Oh fergawdsake

Steve Thomas was not "put in charge of this case," nor was he the "lead detective" on the case. Cassie, if you are going to come on this forum, deliberately misspelling hats and making snide comments, at least get your facts straight.

The Chief of Police was running the JBR investigation, not Steve Thomas. Thomas was one of several detectives on the case. He took orders from the head honchos just like the rest of the detectives did.

Whenever I see a new poster taking shots at Thomas and FedoraX, I sit up and take notice. There are only a few who love to hate Fed and Steve Thomas that way, and we know who they are.

You would do well to remember the posters here know all the facts in the case that have been made public. You can differ in your opinion, but cool your jets with the insults, because I'm Watching you, and you're not fooling me..

Last edited: Aug 4, 2003
  8. Watching You

Question for Cassie

Since you have such a jaded opinion of the press, what is your opinion on the "grass roots reporter," mame?

9. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Cassie

Unless you were there how do you know that's what the BPD told the press? IMHO, the press could have made that assumption based on their own observation.

Sorry, but I really, really doubt it. However, even if they charged someone they wouldn't take it to trial, they would have plea bargained. JMH&CPO.

10. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Jesse Dirkhising

I believe the "newbie" known as "Cassie" is referring to the Jesse Dirkhising murder, rather a cause celebre amongst extreme right-wingers.

Google brings up many articles on the case.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Jesse+Dirkhising&spell=1

Jesse Dirkhising and Matthew Sheppard both died excruciating deaths at the hands of cruel, vicious perverts. We mourn the loss of both these young lives.

11. Ayeka

Ayeka Member

Totally off topic

Re: the Jesse Dirkhising murder: how terrible and sad. I too wonder why there was not more publicity for this heinous crime. But frankly? Being gay has very little to do with a predisposition to torture and killing. Unless we want to start identifying every murderer and kidnapper by their sexual orientation... And yes, the majority of pedophiles are ostensibly straight.

My :2cents:,
    Ayeka

12. Watching You

I'll take it one step further, Ayeka

being gay has absolutely nothing to do with predisposition to torture and killing. Monsters come in every sexual orientation and color.

13. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Why ask Why, WY?

Obviously someone is here to play games, which to me speaks volumes. Some people don't realize just how important children are - even when it is too late, as the case here.

cASSie - there is another forum more appropriate for your questions and concerns than we are. I would also suggest that you find a different hat as well, the one you have now leaves a bad taste in the mouths of many.

Oh - and I am being nice. For now.
    RR

14. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

EXCUSE ME

You know it really REALLY annoys me when people like Cassie talk about the thousands of homosexuals who are murdered who incessantly make headlines everywhere. THERE IS ONE CASE--Mathew Sheppard--that ANYONE KNOWS ABOUT. name another, Cassie.

Stumped? So am I. ONE gay murder gets an enormous amount of press and suddenly everyone starts talking like it's the rule rather than the exception. Jesus.

15. Tez

Tez Member

Quote by cASSie:

No, he was selected to be the lead detective because it was his "turn". They rotate every so often. Several cop stations work this way, but they should have had him better supervised.

It was not his "turn," Eller asked Steve if he wanted to work the case, get your facts straight missy. And unless you have lived in Boulder, you don't know crap about how the PD there works. I for one, have lived there and know what goes on. If you want to blame someone, blame Koby and Hunter, they were the two the F&&&ked up this case beyond belief. Koby and Hunter were in bed together so to speak.

As for your comment about Santa Bill, he was cleared! Do you not know that? As for the White's not being friends with the Ramsey's, well gee, I could name one good reason for that. They refused to cooperate with the police. (The Ramseys, not the Whites) The Whites were also cleared. And no one knows what they have told the police. I bet they told them a lot though. Especially about the way Patsy made that little girl look like a hooker. Which in my opinion, is abuse! Patsy abused that little girl by doing that to her.

Note to Jameson: You may not take this post over to your so-called forum. These are my words and they belong to me, not you.

Bob, I agree with you 100% buddy!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2003
  16. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

FedX

That's what I love about you - you keep us all on our toes and make us do our homework! :whipit:

17. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

Don't like to get in the middle of things...

But just have to jump in and say there's no one I trust more on these forums than FedX.

When FedX talks, I listen.

18. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Thanks Tez. The truth is most gay bashing murders, like my friend Cruiz's brother, never make the headlines. EVER. And don't get me started on the rape issue. Homosexual Rape is almost non-existant so when one case comes along every five hundred years I guess the press should blaze it across the headlines just to make it seem like it's on par with heterosexual rapes which happen every five minutes.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2003
  19. Nikeo

Nikeo Member

Cassie,

Steve Thomas was transferred from narcotics to this case as stated in Schiller's paperback book, page 71.

"After the service, Detective Steve Thomas, thirty-six, who had been transferred to the case from narcotics only the day before and still had long hair and a goatee, helped the Ramsey family into their waiting cars as photographers closed in. "Get rid of them" John Andrew shoulted to Thomas. When the detective asked one photographer to step back, he accused the officer of protecting a killer" Perfect Murder, Perfect Town, Lawrence Schiller, page 71 of paperback.

He was not "rotated", he was transferred. (I am guessing because he was a detective and they needed all the detectives they could get for this case.)

Cassie, I am rereading PMPT and ST's book, if you don't have either of them, I suggest you get them from www.half.com, where you could probably pick them up for a few dollars. Both very informative books and give as much insight to the case as one could find without having been the DA, LE in this case. I try to read them at least once a year to refresh my memory on the facts that LS and ST wrote in these two books.

20. Tricia

Cassie I would be happy to send you my extra copies. I have one of each. Let me know ok?

Tricia

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice