Karr's DNA Matches (?)

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Ginja, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Ginja

Ginja Member

I think I heard it on Fox (kept changing channels to keep up).

They said "the killer's dna matched JonBenet" which doesn't make sense but all the headers were scrolling "DNA Matches." Also, the reporter stated it outright, but I didn't get what dna they were talking about (panty dna? hair?)

I haven't heard anything about this on MSNBC. Nancy Grace just started and I haven't heard anything there.

Has anyone else heard anything about matching DNA?

2. tylin

tylin Banned

I heard one of the reporters on MSNBC say that the DNA matches. How could they possibly know that already? I'm feeling lost, lol but anxiously awaiting the other news shows.

3. Niner

Niner Active Member

Nope Ginja... Schiller stated that we have to WAIT and SEE "IF" the DNA matches - that's all I've heard. Just watched Dan Abram interview Lin; nothing mentioned. Will watch Greta - she comes on in about an hour here!

4. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Wasn't the DNA degraded? Does the suspect have degraded DNA? Not heard of any match on tv.

Any hair, fiber or other matches?

5. tylin

tylin Banned

Gheeze do ya think Lin could be on any more tv shows tonight? :yuck:

6. South

South Member

I haven't heard anything about the DNA on MSNBC, but I did hear a blurb (very brief) that said Karr's family said he had an alibi for Dec 26.
    Pam's on MSNBC now. Her voice sounds so much like Patsy's.

7. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

The guy's brother is on Greta Van Susteran's now. He says his brother will be exonerated. That he is from Alabama, went to school in Alabama, has children, is married. The brother said he doesn't know why Karr is in this situation, didn't know he was in Thailand.

He said Karr was researching book on why men do crimes against children...or something like that, and the brother thinks this is how he became a suspect in this case.

It makes no sense at all.

8. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Thanks for posting that, KK. I just got home, so have missed all the TV news tonight. What was the brother's name? Do you remember?

They ought to have his brother produce some of Karr's handwriting. That will exhonerate him very quickly.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2006
  9. wombat

wombat Member

Brother is named Nate. He's apparently flying to the TV studios.

The surviving Paugh sisters are on Greta's show. Help me Jesus.

10. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

A Few Legal Facts

1. Thailand jurisprudence does not have authority to charge anyone with any American crime; that can only be done by American authorities and only in/from the jurisdiction where the crime was committed or by the feds. Therefore, Mr. Karr is not “under arrest,†“arrested,†or “in custody†for the Ramsey case crimes in Thailand despite media hype.

2. Mr. Karr was supposedly already in Bangkok custody for unrelated sex crimes committed in Bangkok and therefore within Thailand jurisprudence/jurisdiction when this story broke today. He was arrested by Thailand authorities and charged by them for alleged crimes committed in Thailand, not the JonBenet Ramsey case.

3. According to all legit news sources, BPD, not BDA, is en route to Bangkok with case documents in hand to question Mr. Karr only. Mary Keenan Lacy’s quote regarding extradition is premature because no extradition can be commenced unless BPD charges Mr. Karr with some criminal act in this or some other case after interrogating him in the Bangkok jail where he currently resides.

4. Yes, Thailand has the death penalty. No, Colorado does not. The notion that Mr. Karr may be confessing to this high profile crime to be returned to the US to stand trial to avoid a death sentence in Thailand is rational, reasonable, appropriate in the premise and expected.

5. The mystery DNA was very degraded such that they could not get sufficient markers to match any known offender in the CODIS database. How could it possibly match this perp du jour? According to Schiller’s comments no comparative testing has been done as yet on Karr’s DNA which could be one reason why BPD is en route (to collect a sample). Nevertheless, even IF Karr’s DNA matches what insufficient markers were identified in the mystery sample, that could never be useful in any prosecution of Karr for JB’s murder BECAUSE the mystery sample is too degraded and any claim of match would be too far-fetched to survive cross examination and defense expert witness testimony. Useless…..

5. Yes, Mr. Karr lived in Georgia, not in Colorado. It is unknown if he was in Colorado when JB was killed or if he just took the red eye to Boulder that night for the express purpose of committing all the inherent crimes in this case. According to news sources, Mr. Karr knew the Ramseys when THEY lived in Georgia, not when they lived in CO.

6. Assuming Lou Smit will claim that Mr. Karr indeed took an unknown red eye flight to Boulder that night, apparently Mr. Karr was wearing Patsy’s jacket and John’s Israeli sweater when he committed JB’s murder and strangulation as that is THE forensic evidence long ago matched right off the body. And apparently Mr. Karr used Patsy’s sleeping hand to craft the 3 page ransom note that not only the FBI but the very distinguished Vidocq Society long ago qualified as phony and most likely written by the Phatster herself. So who gives a chit what the ORIGIN of the rope and duct tape were when they were forensically loaded with Patsy's sweater fibers which, she claimed she never wore in the basement, never wore down there THAT night and never visited before the body came upstairs. God, ANOTHER red herring!

IMO, this appears to be another wild Lou-sy Goosy chase to clear John Ramsey so that he can now get on with his life sans Patsy and JonBenet. Do I hear wedding bells and another political run for the money, Honey?????

11. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

:clap: So THAT'S how he did it.

12. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Yeah, THAT's how he did it. And since this case was pre-911, he could have easily carried everything he needed to commit this spur of the moment crime spree across the country in the middle of the night upon a family he hadn't known for years on the plane with him. Why he didn't is utter mystery given that he ASSUMED it would all be readily available in the sleeping Ramsey household. How gutsy...or just plain stupid, eh?

Oh yeah, guess he had a house key somehow as well since there's never been ANY credible evidence of illegal entry. My brain's reeling from all this nonsense.....

What is VERY disconcerting is how John Ramsey and Loose Mitts managed to pull this off. Guess Lacy's visit to PR's funeral put the finishing touches on the caper.....

13. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

Has anyone heard who this person in Boulder was who turned this in to law enforcement?

Michael Tracey?

Deja, I love your smoking kitty!

14. Cranberry

Cranberry Member

That is the talk over at Websleuths - confession in form of emails to Tracy - link was crime magazine I think.

15. koldkase

How come Pam Paugh and John Ramsey both say they don't know this John Karr. How is it that Mr. Karr knew them?

16. Ginja

Ginja Member

Great posts, Deja!

Yeah, this whole thing is screwy. I think the DNA blurb was the typical rush to air w/o corroboration -- hell, confirmation! -- of facts.

I've been thinking this whole thing is screwy from the beginning and after listening to various level-headed pundits, my thinking's justified.

My take on what Nate Karr said puts it all together as another prime example of the RST throwing someone under the bus.

Somewhere along the line, I heard that John Karr had been emailing with Patsy. Duh! According to Nate, John was writing a book, thus his interest (and knowledge!) of the case and probably his reason for being in Thailand.

So whaddya think? He's corresponding with Patsy and ends up getting extradicted back to Colorado. He got sucked in, eh?

17. koldkase

Oh my god. If Tracey has his hands on this, I'm going to garrote myself.

18. Cranberry

Cranberry Member

now WAIT till I find the link KK

19. koldkase

tic toc tic toc

20. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

It looks to me like there might be grounds for prosecution of folks like Jambo, Mame, Stine, and others for TAMPERING with a murder investigation. Why hasn't Lacy made ANY attempt tp MUZZLE these mad dogs? They are OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE!!!

Keenan has to be held to account.

We need OUR OWN version of Michael Moore. Lacy, Haddon, Smit, Hunter, Limpy and others (like Jambo, Stine, Mame, etc) MUST BE HELD TO ACCOUNT!!! But make no mistake ... such a person WILL BE SWIFTBOATED.

Who gets prosecuted? Fleet. Go figure.

...YumYum

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice