Keenan requests 911 protective order be withdrawn

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Tricia

Tricia Administrator Staff Member

Keenan, being Lin Wood's lap dog, is behind this latest event.

According to CS the city of Boulder has withdrawn is request for a protective order concerning the 911 tape in the Wolf case.

This comes at the REQUEST of Keenan.

In other words the Ramsey's get their wish. The 911 tape will be released and we can hear it.

I hope Lin Wood knows that no one really gives a rats :(:(:( if the tape is released. His little ploy won't work.

The tape is released. We hear an hysterical, over the top Patsy, ( doing her best Tammy Faye hysterical crying) screaming her daughter has been kidnapped.

What we won't hear is Burke because we are not getting the enhanced version.

So in the Ramsey mind it will show they have "nothing to hide" since they want the tape released.

No one is going to buy it. I am sorry to say these little side shows do nothing. The Ramsey's are perceived as guilty because, at the very least ( in my opinion) Patsy has guilty knowledge of her daughters murder.

Lin can't change it. He can't change it because it's true.

Here is what I am hoping .

I am hoping that technology has come so far that someone, somewhere can take a copy of that tape and enhance it just enough so we can hear another voice. We have come a long way digitally since 1997. It could happen. Then again probably not.

I want the enhanced version but I would assume that is considered evidence to be presented at trial and therefore won't be released to the public.

Anyone? Am I right or wrong?

2. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

TRISTAN

Why would Wood want the real tape released? Did he hear the enhanced version?

I don't think the release of the tape w/Patsy (w/out Burke) is gonna have much impact on the publics' opinion..most people have forgotten about the case.

Hopefull FederalX can clue us in on this.

I think you are right as far as the prosecution holding the enhanced version back.

3. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

He wants that version because you can't hear Burke on it. It had to be enhanced to hear Burke--so you can bet they will be parading this clip on every television show known to man. Watch and see.

4. BobC

here's how I feel about the case at this point

5. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

OMG Bob...I love it!!!!!!!

6. BobC

well? does it NOT sum up the case perfectly?

7. Tricia

LOL....OMG I am at a loss. That is the funniest picture I have ever seen.

Tricia

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2003
  8. BobC

The ending of the unenhanced version of the tape from what I understand, sounds like grey noise. Wood will not release this tape to the public until it is properly packaged for the most dramatic effect for TV. Expect another informercial, folks.

9. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I have a new job opportunity

for Limpwood. He's so good at twisting the truth and spinning, he could be a news commentator for Iraqi television.

10. BobC

I volunteer him to be a human shield.

11. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

Good one BobC

I can think of a few more that should go along.

12. FireBug

FireBug Member

I'd have to disagree

Having some experience in this area, I would have to disagree with all of you.

If Burke's voice was actually in the backround then no enhancement would be necessary to hear him. Have you ever taped a phone conversation? If you haven't try it sometime. You can hear backround noise pretty clearly if it's quiet otherwise. After Patsy finished talking it was otherwise quiet in the house. No tv blaring, no radio, nothing else to distort the call. If Burke was up and close enough to be captured on tape, then enhancement would not be needed to hear him.

Also, tapes are multi layered. I'm sure someone at a small studio recording facility could explain this better, but sounds on tape are layered. When "enhancement" occures, esp on a tape that has been used before, you will always get some type of additional audio. Even when a tape is wiped, there is always a "ghost" audio, or with video tapes, a ghost image. When tapes are reused they are "overlaid" with the new print, but the old print is still there hidden under the surface. 911 tapes are routinely wiped and reused.

No offense, but I believe Steve Thomas was trying desperatly to build a case against Patsy. By having the tape enhanced he got what he believed to be Burke, thereby catching Patsy in a lie about the events of that morning. The lie, IMO, is the enhanced version of the tape.

13. BobC

Horse puckey. Investigators enhance tape recordings all the time. Three different officers listened to that tape independently and were asked to write down what they heard, and all three wrote the same thing.

For those of us here before, during and after this story broke, we know the Ramseys swore up and down early on that Burke was asleep, but after this story came out they changed their own story, saying okay he was awake. There's a reason for that.

Also as Candyrose and Tricia, I believe, pointed out in the transcripts of the police interrogations, Patsy slips at one point and says she saw him standing by the phone.

14. FireBug

FireBug Member

She said she saw John standing by the phone, not Burke. You might want to read them yourself and do it with an unbiased, preconceived eye.

And you would know this how? Are you, or have you ever been an investigator Bob? Can you prove this statement?
    Do you know the difference in how a tape is enhanced? Did you know that tapes are layered? Have you ever had any real life application in sound recording facility? Call your local college and ask whoever runs their small studio lab how it works. I'm sure they could explain it better than I could even though I've worked as a sound lab tech in a sound studio doing mixdowns.

Do you have a source for this? Other than ST book? I think I'd need something a bit more substantial to go on than something written in his book.

15. Tricia

With digitized equipment you can lift and seperate tape and sounds. It is very easy to do.

When people talk about enhancement it has nothing to do with "tape" anymore. The tape is transferred to a digital state and then the "enhancement" begins.

If Burke's voice was not on that tape don't you think Lou Smit or someone in the D.A.'s office would have said something.

Even Pete Hofstrom's expert said they heard a voice. Except Pete's said; "I scream at you"...LOL..now which sounds more logical.

Burke saying "What did you find" or "I scream at you".

There is something on that tape. That is the only reason it has been kept under wraps for so long.

Sorry I've got to run but when I get back I will post the transcript where it is very apparent that Patsy saw Burke by the phone and said it.

16. BobC

yes actually I do have more than one source but I'm not going to do Lin Wood's homework for him. Nice try though.

Am I an investigator? Yes, in a way. And if you want to learn about instances of tape recordings being enhanced by law enforcement, I would suggest you start by reading all the books by former Quantico agents, just like I have. And once again, I will not do Linn Wood's homework for him--he can do it himself.

and sweetheart I've been in and around the recording industry most of my adult life and although I have never mixed tracks for a living, I know the basics. And if you know so much as you are trying to pretend here, you'd know it's child's play to seperate sounds and tones

17. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Uh-oh, BobC

Did some of your "fans" from Court TV Board follow you over here?

18. FireBug

FireBug Member

Well Bob, then you should know more about it. Your condecending, arrogant, snotty, know-it-all attitude doesn't bother me a bit. I simply asked you because I don't know about your experiences, training, or education. All I know about you is that you do graphics.

I told you years ago that you needed to know when to pick your battles, again you've failed. You won't be able to denigrate me. talk down to me, and try to run me off like you did to Sundance. Who, BTW, has been around and has forgotten more about this case than you'll ever know. You are not an "investigator" at all. Investigators keep an unbiased and objective viewpoint and let the actual evidence and facts show them where to go.

I'd appreciate it if you'd keep your denigrating comments to yourself. I don't work for any attorney, least of all Lin Wood.

Shaddap Lurker. You've known me for years even if you don't know it yet.

Tricia, yes, they do that now, but did they in early 1997? I don't think so. You misread the transcript my friend. She was referencing John, not Burke. I know there's a thread on that here, I'll look for it.

19. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Cool

Just as I was wondering what to have for breakfast, I check here and find out that we are eating our own today.

Haven't had that in a loong time-
    RR

20. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I don't agree, FireBug

there is no way in help anyone is going to convince me Steve Thomas would claim there were other voices on the enhanced tape if they weren't there. There may be some difference of opinion as to what those voices are saying, but I don't doubt they are there.

I don't know why they just don't release the damn thing and be done with it - I mean the enhanced version of the tape. Jammy Sue hasn't been fed lately, she is desperately in need of new blood, little spinmeister that she is, hahahahaha.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice