Lacy submits 2007 budget

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

City counts budget requests
    Investigators' pay, recycling upgrades included in appeal

By John Aguilar, Camera Staff Writer
    October 4, 2006

District Attorney Mary Lacy asked the county commissioners Tuesday to grant her office an additional $88,000 in 2007, which would push Boulder County's prosecution budget above $4 million for the first time.

Lacy said $55,000 of the request would be used to hire investigators on a periodic basis to help work big cases, like the JonBenet Ramsey murder.

"John Mark Karr was one extreme example," she told the commissioners, referring to the man who was arrested in Thailand in August on suspicion of having killed the 6-year-old girl.

Her office spent around $40,000 apprehending Karr, who was cleared in the case after his DNA couldn't be tied to the crime scene.

Lacy said she was retaining the services of investigator Mark Spray — at a rate of $5,000 a month — to continue following leads on the JonBenet Ramsey case through the end of the year. Spray was at the center of the Karr investigation.

Lacy said her office has been receiving an increasing number of leads in the case as the 10-year anniversary of the murder approaches in December, though she told commissioners she expected the buzz around the child beauty queen's death to taper off in the new year.

http://www.dailycamera.com/bdc/county_news/article/0,1713,BDC_2423_5041214,00.html

"Leads always drop off after a precipitating event like an anniversary," she said.

*snip*

The biggest request for additional funds came from the agency in charge of recycling in Boulder County, which wants to more than double its $4.5 million budget next year.

*snip*

The commissioners will set the county's budget in November.

2. Watching You

Amazing - recycling in Boulder gets huge amounts of taxpayer money, while a little girl's unsolved murder gets a measly $55,000? Who the heck is Mark Spray?

3. wombat

wombat Member

He was the guy sitting next to Karr on the plane back from Thailand. I think he's a retired cop working as a consultant.

4. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

And rightfully so. Boulder has a good chance of sucessful recycling improvements and NO chance of solving the JBR case.

5. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

I wouldn't authorize a plugged nickel to hire ANYONE who was the center of the Karr investigation. That is throwing away good money after bad!

6. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

well since Patsy's already gone, how much money do they really need?

7. BluesStrat

BluesStrat BANNED !!!!!

Maybe Lacy wants to buy Patsy's gravestone.

8. Watching You

Lacy isn't interested in solving this case. Her only focus is on keeping a Ramsey out of prison. It makes sense to keep the same investigator who was involved in the Karr investigation, because she embraces red herrings.

9. wombat

wombat Member

Wishful thinking on her part. When the buzz dies, she can go back to whatever it is she does, holding socials or potluck suppers or whatever.

I despise that woman.

10. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Hasn't she done enough damage?! If I were whoever makes these decisions, I'd refuse.

(Reminds me of "Duck Soup:" "The gov't has been mismanaged. I'll lend the money on one condition: that you place a man of unquestioned ability in charge: Rufus T. Firefly." Groucho could probably do a BETTER job! They couldn't do worse, unless that fool DeMuth gets the nod!)

11. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Uh huh, and the fishy smell is overbearing.

12. 1000 Sparks

1000 Sparks Active Member

kinda funny...

"to continue following leads on the JonBenet Ramsey case through the end of the year"

and following leads?

I mean, this is funny if you think about it. Who is sending in lead of people that should be thrown under the bus other than Jameson and Tracey?

13. Kangatruth

Kangatruth Member

well you almost have to admire the boldfaced affrontary of this....very sneeky indeed !!... yes the DA's office will chaperone any real interest in the case right out the back door...and using public monies to pay off the accomplices to boot !!...they always say...best place to hide is right out in the open!!

pretty good of her really...doesnt balk from aknowledging teh whole Karr thing cost mor emoney than she really had...and then to ask for an increase so she can cater to any more stuff ups as they occur..

are all the councilors that thick that this too shall pass??

14. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

I think that it is quite simple.......poor MaryTraceyLacy does not know the difference between Prosecute and Prostitute.

15. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

16. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

You know...the Tracey leads! The book deal might have fallen through and it's back to the old documentaries.

Lacy probably got John Ramsey's permission to raise the budget...and this investigator is he or was he on the Ramsey payroll before? Like so many of Lacy's other 'investigators'.

I've a few words for the citizens of Boulder concerning Lacy.....Bend Over!

17. Pedro

Pedro Member

I assume she has no balls but if she had, she no longer would. RR is cruel!

Speaking of cruelty, any figures on the cost of Lacy's Thai delusion?

18. Watching You

$40,000 big ones, Pedro.

19. Pedro

Pedro Member

All this people with all that money.
    Often I wonder if idiocy is a necessary condition for elected officials !

20. heymom

heymom Member

Well, they may not be idiots before they get elected, but it doesn't take that long in office before they become idiots! And corrupt idiots at that.

Heymom

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice