Let's see your trees Ladies!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Moab, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

From DRIVER

Driver said:"The mantle one is no big deal at all.. It just looked kind of pretty and it is next to the tree in my den."

Moab says: "This room is awesome! Thanks for sharing"

Attached Files:

2. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

From DRIVER

Driver said:"The third picture is of a needlepoint pillow I made this year. It is not beautiful except to me, but I wanted everyone to see it. My brother used to say these words to me every time I would make excuses for something and it always made me laugh. He has been gone for almost 8 years, and I could finally make it and smile. It is almost like having him with us and I love it."

Attached Files:

3. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Not that it isn't beautiful in your pictures......it is still scary! Please do come on down and thaw out with a SunSet or two and don't forget to pack your bathing suit instead of your parka!!! :mears:

4. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

You can take The Girl out of Florida, but ya can't take Florida out of the Girl! Love IT!!!!!

5. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Ames

Congratulations on your beautiful baby. I can't believe the time has arrived already.

Driver - your tree is wonderful. Tootsie decorated ours this year - singlehandedly. She did it as a surprise for us and it's just beautiful :) She's very pleased with herself.

6. heymom

heymom Member

Driver, I LOVE your tree, your mantel, and especially the pillow! That is hilarious, and SO TRUE!!! Thanks for sharing. I want that angelfish ornament!

7. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

Beautiful!

Ames, your children are beautiful! The little Christmas elf with Santa looks like she will make your holiday a very special one....And the little blonde 6 yr. old looks like an angel! You say you have a teenager too? Hahaha! A full life indeed! :)

Driver, your mantle and your tree are just gorgeous.....The whole room looks so polished and welcoming....All ready for company! Lots of presents under the tree too....I choose the big red package in the corner! What did I get?! :)

Don't know what is wrong with me, but haven't got much decorating done yet this year....A wreath on the front gate to the court yard, a madona with candle accompanying her on a table in the den and the Christmas tree are the only things we have done so far....I will probably just decorate the Christmas dining table nicely and call it a day....

Probably has to do with the fact that we are not entertaining much this year and that we will be leaving shortly after Christmas day so just can't get with the decorating part so much....Will have to hit the mall today though as I have put that part off as long as I dare too!
    What do you guys want for Christmas? Hurry now! You only have ten minutes to get your orders in before I leave, and any late orders will be declined.... :bling:

Heymom, if I had any sympathy for criminals, it certainly went out the window last week. Two door to door magazine salesmen from out of town, broke into an elderly couple's home (here in our quadrant of town!), beat them with a tire iron, smothered the woman, crushed husband's skull, robbed them leaving both dead in a bloody trail....

Horrible, horrible! This nice, elderly, prominient Korean couple who were well known and loved especially in the extended Korean community....

Now here is what is scarey for me personally....The two murderers have been identified and arrested...After seeing the pictures of the two men in the paper, I realized that I, myself had opened the door to one of them the Saturday afternoon before that couple was murdered....Yes, he was selling magazines door to door in our very neighborhood! Fortunately, our two schnauzers were barking histerically at the door as they do when the doorbell rings....

I bring this sad tale to this happy thread only to warn each of you how close we can come to crime and tragedy this time of year, and I surely don't want any of us to be victims of crime when we should be enjoying our Christmas trees and families....

Please all of you be safe this holiday season....Be careful by not opening your door to strangers, be careful in parking lots where so many crimes take place, and especially all of you be careful in protecting your own from people who prey on children this time of year....

Patsy Ramsey gave us some good advice after all...."Hold your babies close" all of you. Merry Christmas!

8. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Driver, I am SWOOONING over the wood in your pictures! Just beautiful. My husband is a carpenter, so I've learned to appreciate wood as a precious resource, each tree variety with its own character, etc. You must sit and look at it with awe. Amazing what we have on this planet, isn't it?

Oh, and the tree is awesome, too. :yes:

Jayelles, you came back!! For Christmas! Awwwwww.... :grouphug: We missed you. May we see Tootsie's Christmas tree? I bet it's the best ever. When my son was young, he and hubby always went out into a nearby forest and got us a tree. Often, it looked just like CHARLIE BROWN'S Christmas tree, and I LOVED IT. Once we decorated it, it always touched us in a very special way for the season.

Voyager...I mean this in the NICEST way...DO NOT OPEN YOUR DOOR TO STRANGERS!! NEVAH! EVAH!! DO NOT DO IT!! It's YOUR property and they are NOT INVITED, so you owe them NOTHING! NO EXCUSES, now, DON'T DO IT! Your little doggies can only handle so much, and a Smith and Wesson ain't on the list. In classes on SAFETY this is tops on the "PROTECT YOURSELF" list of THINGS NEVER TO DO!! DON'T! TOUCH! THAT! DOORKNOB!! I mean it now! :rant:

9. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Driver,

Your tree is breathtakingly beautiful! Your home is lovely. One of these days, I'm going to get down there to visit you in person.

10. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Elle,

Thank you for the great pics of Christmas in Canada. You have about twice as much snow as we have here in PA. I sang "White Christmas" along with you. Did you hear me?

11. heymom

heymom Member

One ordinary day, I was just sitting in my living room, folding laundry or ironing or something, and a guy walked up to my front door and rang the bell. Well, I wasn't going to answer the door, but I could see him through the blinds (he couldn't see me). I expected him to walk away, but he actually opened the screen door and tried the front door to see if it was locked!!! Thank God, it was locked. Since that day, when I am here alone, I keep the iron gate locked which keeps anyone from walking up to my door, and I now have a storm door with its own key and then a deadbolt on the front door. I cannot tell you how terrified I was, watching him attempt to open the door, knowing I would have no defense against him. I probably should have called the police but I didn't...

I am sorry for those poor people and their family - what a horrible thing and so close to Christmas...Not to go into details, but when that sort of thing happens down here, it is illegal criminals who are responsible. So you know what I think about closing the border. Imagine if the criminals you may have been a victim of, were multiplied by a million and set loose all over your town...well, come down here and read the paper. It happens almost daily.

12. Jayelles

A photo of the Tootsiefied tree? Let me consider that request.... It's a work of art you know. People might want to copy it....

I like the cat popping its head out of someone's tree above. That's quite cool. Reminds me of the year I decorated our (real) tree and put little chocolate decorations on it. In the morning there were a load of little bits of empty tin foil hanging from the tree and the dog had an upset stomach.

13. Jayelles

That's horrific. If I'm expecting a parcel I usually leave the front door unlocked so that the postie can leave the parcel in the hall for me. But it could just as easily be an axe murderer.

I wonder what the guy's excuse would have been if you'd answered the door?

14. heymom

heymom Member

I wish I could have met him with a loaded 12-gauge shotgun. :) I'd have one now, but we have an impulsive teenager with emotions that run from bad to worse. We don't dare to keep guns in the house. When the boys are gone, I'm signing up for handgun training.

15. Zotto

Zotto FFJ Senior Member

These trees are just beautiful....I'm now totally ashamed of my effort and will resolve to do better next year LOL!

Many years ago my parents owned a small three acre property which was obviously distant from neighbours and on quite a deserted road. My mother was home alone when through the window, she saw two rough looking men walking towards her front door. They knocked on the door and asked for a glass of water. Thankfully she didn't open the door, but my mother is a compassionate lady and she was concerned that they were really thirsty, so through the door, she told them to wait. She went to the kitchen, got two glasses of water, put them out the back door, relocked it and went back to the front door and told the men if they were thirsty then there was water at the back door.

They left, but later on that afternoon she saw on the news that two convicts had escaped from a prison and the police were looking for them...they were the two she had encountered, so we are glad she showed good sense!

16. Niner

Niner Active Member

WOW! you all have such nice trees!! :D I'm going to try and have the Huz take a picture of ours - and I'll post it this weekend!!

I've enjoyed looking at all of them!!

17. AMES

AMES Member

Thank you Elle!! I was scared to death!!

LOL...you are SOOO right....men are SUCH babies!!! My husband whines for days on end, when he gets a sinus infection....(and here I was cut open with 18 staples!!).

18. AMES

AMES Member

Thank you Zotto!! I hope that you and your family have a Merry Christmas!!

19. AMES

AMES Member

You are making me miss Montana!!!

20. AMES

AMES Member

Nov. 16th is also my cousins birthday. She died of leukemia ten years ago..and left behind a five year old daughter, and 7 year old son. She was just like a sister to me, and I miss her very much. I think that somehow, she had something to do with my daughter being born on her birthday. I have to add that her hair was bright red...and my baby's hair is blonde, but looks red in pictures....eery.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice