Let's see your trees Ladies!

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Moab, Dec 13, 2007.

1. AMES

AMES Member

Thank you Jayelles, out of my three pregnancies, this one just flew by so fast!! Alot faster than the others...

2. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Driver,

Just stunning!

Ames,

Your little ones are beautiful! Hopefully you will be feeling well soon. It takes time. Years ago, they let moms get a little rest by staying in the hospital for a longer time; now they kick you out way too soon IMO

As a grandma to be, I really can't wait to have one so small again. Your six year old is a beauty also.

Elle,

Your backyard, although messy for you, is just gorgeous! The snow makes it postcard perfect.

Everyone,

NEVER, NEVER open your door to strangers. In this crazy world, those who are legit should understand by now that people don't open their doors....and if they don't, too bad!

I don't care where you live, how "safe" you THINK your neighborhood is, it is ALWAYS a big risk. There are lots of crazy people out there and they are everywhere

Happy Holidays everyone

3. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

A friend of mine could be described as the mistress of understatement. I recall one year when she got a twig from the garden, sprayed it silver and put it up on the wall of her flat. That was her Christmas tree - in fact, that was her solitary Christmas decoration.

I wasn't very kind about it because I couldn't hide my amusement. She did eventually see the funny side of it - but only after I decorated it with condoms.

4. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Good Morning All,

The pictures of your trees are so beautiful. I'm enjoying them all. The snow pictures are also beautiful. We had snow here once about 40 years ago. I think it lasted for 6 hours. So it is a treat to see snow. I also think your homes are lovely all of you who shared pictures. What a great bunch we all are eh!

Ames, congratulations on your new and lovely baby girl. You will heal very well from your c section. Just remember that -- ummm you aren't the same age as you were when your first was born. So those years do come into play for healing time. Just be patient and all will be well for you. Don't overdo as that's the worst thing. Summer is beautiful and so is your 6 yo. You are certainly lucky with your 3 girls.

RL has been taking up much of my time lately. We are expecting a ground breaking ceremony tomorrow for our new Animal shelter. This has been so long in the planning stages that 6 years ago when I started working there (volunteering really) it was already old news then. So it will be exciting to see that shovelfull of dirt turned over once and for all. I still can't believe it and will be there with camera for sure tomorrow just to make it believable for myself. Can't imagine a building to wrk in that isn't falling down around our ears and a decent place for the animals to go at night with warmth and shelter. They only have an open kennell with blankets now. Yep can't imagine it at all!

5. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

zoom,

Congrats on the opening of the new shelter (at last). I know you all put a lot of work into it. If they cover the opening in your local paper, please post a link.

6. AMES

AMES Member

Thank you Barbara!! Yep, they kicked me out pretty quick alright. I was NOT ready to come home.

As far as opening the door for strangers goes. I don't open the door for ANYBODY. I once saw a sign that said.."If you didn't bother calling, don't bother knocking". My brother used to run and hide under the bed whenever anybody knocked on our door. He would shoot me for telling that to you all.

7. Elle

Elle Member

Barbara wrote:

How about our hilly driveway Barbara? Who would want this? :) My husband doesn't want to move, and we're not getting any younger. :-(

Attached Files:

8. Elle

Elle Member

No tree in the house this year. We don't have the family here until January, for my oldest son's birthday. Christmas is no longer in my house :-( Too much work. Too many people :) So we have a tree at the front and back lit up.

No fun growing older folks, I would rather still be in the swing of things, but time marches on, and we have to go along with it, whether we like it, or not.

Attached Files:

9. Little

Little Member

I'm with Barbara here Elle. Your pictures are postcard pretty!!

Little

10. Elle

Elle Member

Thank you, Barbara and Little. :)

11. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Pearlsim, I'm so far behind on my posting, I hardly know where to start, but I wanted to say I'm so sorry to hear about your brother's passing. I can't imagine losing either one of my siblings. I'm glad you had Moab post a photo of you and your brothers, although it made me want to reach through the screen and give you a hug knowing it would be your last time with the brother who passed away.

Cherokee

12. Cherokee

Ames, I'm also sorry to hear about your cousin. I also have a cousin who is like a sister to me, and I understand how much you miss her.

I haven't had a chance this week to post about your new baby, but I want to say congratulations and she's a beauty! When I saw the photos, I couldn't believe all her blonde hair. It seems most blonde babies are somewhat bald when newborns, but Summer has a head start (pun intended) on all the other blonde baby girls. :) Your six year old is a doll, and I can definitely see the resemblance between her and the baby. What a beautiful family you have.

13. Cherokee

Okay, I'm trying to get caught up here as this week I've hardly had time to turn around.

I have LOVED seeing photos of all the trees. Thank you Moab, Little, Greenleaf, Lurker, Pearlsim, Heymom, Elle and Driver for sharing your trees with us. They are all so lovely. (KK, your tree doesn't count as that tree is ALSO my tree, you scalawag. :bigstick:) Little, I loved seeing your special cat "ornament." ;) Driver, I have never seen a tree decorated with seashells or a starfish topper; it's very unique. I loved the pillow you made, too. Elle, your backyard snow scenes look like Christmas cards. And Pearlsim, I had to smile when I saw the photo of your tree and room. As musicians, you and I have a lot in common, but we also have a similar tastes in decorating style as I have blue wingback chairs (and a sofa and carpet) very similar to yours in my living room. Are your chairs recliners like mine?

I keep thinking I'm going to have time to take a photo of my tree and post it here. I'll just keep thinking those postive thoughts. LOL

14. Little

Little Member

Geesh, I'm trying to think what my tree theme would be if it were to reflect any particular gift I possessed - hmmm, now I'm sorta depressed.

Little

15. Elle

Elle Member

Why does it have to be a tree theme, Little? You have already posted your wonderful Christmas fireplace, not store decorated, but decorated from your heart.

Here's Jim's efforts with the evergreen at the front. We switched the coloured lights to the back garden tree this year. so this is the first time we have had red lights on this one. I like it. The little choir singers were painted by me many years ago. He's not bothering with the floodlights at the front of the house. They always get pinched. :)

It was a real nice day here. Not too cold at all. This type of weather I can handle much better.

Attached Files:

16. Cherokee

Ah, your choir singers are beautiful, Elle. I wish you'd paint some for me to put in my front yard! (I hope you don't mind, but I downloaded your pic and used my photo program to remove some of the glare so we could see the tree and singers better, then I re-attached it to your post.)

I don't know why Little's tree has to have a theme, either. When I mentioned about Pearlsim and I being musicians, I wasn't talking about Christmas trees. Music is just a common interest we share, and I thought it was funny that we also have somewhat of the same decorating tastes. :)

17. Pearlsim

Pearlsim FFJ Senior Member

I definitely do NOT have a theme tree - unless you count family ornaments as a theme. I love getting out all the ornaments every year and thinking about when and why they were bought.

Here's a little secret about me - I can be a bit anal about some things. Years ago, after a friend of mine died from breast cancer, I decided to number all my ornaments (with sharpie, tiny numbers somewhere not to easily visible) and keep a computer listing of when and where the ornament was bought or made.

Cherokee, how cool that we have similar tastes! Yes, my chairs do recline. My house is actually blue and very light creamy yellow.

I love seeing everyone's beautiful trees and getting a glimpse into your homes and lives. What a diversity we have on this forum...but each one special.

18. heymom

heymom Member

Do I have a theme tree??? Just gold and white ornaments. I have birds in white, because I love birds. My kids put their own ornaments on, they each have a collection of their own, one airplanes, one kittens. If I had a theme tree, it would be covered in paper from top to bottom! My paperwork drives me NUTS! I always tell my hubby, if I die, throw all the paper into the coffin with me and BURY IT!

p.s. When the kids get married, they get ALL their ornaments and I go to the Caribbean to relax on the sand for Christmas!!! Well, at least until there are grandchildren, and then...spoil those darlin's!!!

19. Elle

Elle Member

Cherokee, I'm just cheering my friend Little up. I don't want her crying into her coffee. :coffeeup: Decorating trees is a personal choice. I understand.

It's still pretty dark on my screen, and I wa s hoping it would be brighter up on FFJ. Thank you for changing it. I'll open it upstairs on Jim's pc and see what it looks like. Jim took this photo late last night, Cherokee. When I bought this flat monitor months ago, I had to dim the screen because of migraines, and I can't seem to brighten it up again. I should have left it alone and worn sun glasses. :cool:

We cut back on our lights this year. Easier to dismantle. :)

20. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Patsy was the Tree Theme Queen, so is it bad of me to enjoy that none of you are fessing up that you to do so too?!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice