MR."X" IS REVEALED.

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Tricia, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

Entertainment

I really have no idea how they classify programmes. It's possible as I say that the person doing the classification thought it was about pageants. I just don't know. It feels distasteful.

OfCom is a brute of an organisation. They regulate tv, radio and even telecommunications and the industries live in dread of them (i know this).

Anyone can lodge a complaint and must give reasons for doing so. Every complaint is looked at and the findings are reported. Complainants names are not published - it is completely anonymous. However, frivolous complaints are treated with a great deal of disdain.

There are various categories for complaint - obscene, misleading, impartiality, violence, language etc etc.

If a complaint is investigated and upheld then the findings against the programme makers are broadcast at a peak viewing time and occasionally also in the newspapers.

Visit their website and check out their archives. There are some complaints from people who were subjects of programmes.

2. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Bringing it all back up front!

3. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

RivRat ... I'm busy doin' other stuff, but I just wanted to commend you for bumping up some of these threads. We need to bear in mind that we are experiencing a LOT of "visitations" from people new to this case, and new to FFJ (INCLUDING reporters), and making some key threads easily accessible to them is a GREAT idea.

I would add that we do NOT need to provide ALL of the good stuff up front at the same time. Once newcomers get the sense of how important some of this material is, many will stay and search out material on various subjects on their own.

I know it's hard work locating all this good stuff, but your efforts don't go unnoticed even though we don't always make a specific effort to say, "Attagirl".

Thanks for ALL you do, RivRat! :toast:

...YumYum

4. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Yeah, Rat, I was going to say that, too, but Yum beat me to it. Nice job pulling up these important old threads.

5. RiverRat

How could I not do this? I have been here way too long to not hit it as hard as I can while I can. Just like the rest of you!

6. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Important Thread

I'm bumping this up for any media hounds who may be on the trail of Michael Tracey today.

7. RiverRat

Yes, Lurker - it would help so much wouldn't it? Instead of reading up - this many, many years later, we have to repeat and repeat and repeat.....oh well.

8. Elle

Elle Member

You are always right on top of what's going on RiverRat, A fabulous moderator! Thank you for all the hard work you do.:rose:

9. RiverRat

Thanks...but....

I am not a moderator - I just stayed at HolidayInn Express last night....

10. Elle

Elle Member

Lurker, one for you too! Another fabulous moderator. :rose: :rose::rose:

Confusion set in with Yum Yum and WY's posts. :rose::rose::rose:

Roses for everyone, including all the moderators. Must keep y'all happy! :)

11. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

Roses for you, too, Elle.

You are always the sweet voice of reason. I'm so glad you chose this forum to participate in.

12. RiverRat

Agreed by all!

13. Elle

Elle Member

Aw thank you kindly, girls! :)

14. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

Hon, you are getting moderator and moderation confused...poor dear!

:floor:

15. RiverRat

Everything is good in moderation.....especially moderation. :flash:

16. amster

amster Member

I gave up reading the sickening e-mails and have been devouring all these threads!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice