Patsy's last artwork~

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Aurora, Aug 4, 2007.

1. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I KNEW that you knew that I knew. And I am THRILLED to be your Deputy Dawg. I do require lots of Scooby snacks, however.

2. Paradox

Paradox Banned for Stupidity by RiverRat

Mandalas in the sky.

3. Tez

Tez Member

Are you on the list for cornea transplants yet? I think we all need to get our name on that list just in case our eyes can't handle being assaulted again and again....LOL Make sure you protect your retinas from being fried also...LOL

4. Tez

Tez Member

All righty folks...I went over to the site that has PR's paintings. Make sure you have your protective eye wear on your eyes before clicking on to the site. I have no artistic talent whatsoever, but I think I can paint pieces of fruit, like cherries, better than she did. That "Mardi Gras Rooster" was quite special too.

KK pegged it. It is "primitive."

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
  5. koldkase

Uh...I just realized I misspelled "PRIMITIVE". And I took you with me, Tez. I'm a spelling murderer!! Whaddaya expect from a guttah hag/ho :crosseyed ?

6. Tez

Tez Member

I don't have spell-check. But, you want to know something? I was writing "primitive" out on a piece of paper, and it didn't look right with the "i." So, I just assumed you knew how to spell, and followed your lead. And look, now I can't spell...LOLOLOL It's all your fault....LOLOLOL Ok, now I need to go change my spelling.

Make sure you are on the high-priority list for cornea transplants after viewing Patster's artwork. I'm serious....It's primitive....LOLOLOL

7. koldkase

OH!! That must have been WHY I misspelled PRIMITIVE! My eyes were damaged and and and that is connected to the spell-check in my brain...somehow....

IT'S ALL PATZILLA'S FAULT!

I think she deserves the blame considering she inflicted upon the planet those abortions of art, to semi-quote Ignatius Reilly.

8. koldkase

Waiting for the existential/metaphysical connection between Patsy and mandalas....

9. Tez

Tez Member

Yep, that's the ticket, your eyes were damaged because of the damage inflicted by PATZILLA'S attempts at painting!!!! That is why we both misspelled PRIMITIVE.

Phew, I'm so thankful we got that figured out, and assigned blame to the proper place. I knew that WE weren't to blame! LMAO!!!

Do you have your name on the priority list for cornea transplants yet?????

10. Paradox

(existential/metaphysical = boring?)

Mandalas are religious works of art that are based on some combination of the circle, square or equilateral cross. The production of mandalas is thought to have a centering or organizing affect on the psyche. Children sponateously produce them and they are thought to represent the child's self image. They can be used by children as a protective device against dissociation. In adults they are associated with divine inspiration and revelation but they can also be indications of the adult need for orientation. In other words, an adult that is attracted to mandalas or produces them in a creative way may be in need of salvation or may have actually experienced it. It is a tough call. The proof is whether a person engages in creative/moral behavior or destructive/amoral behavior.

In Van Gogh's case he made wonderful paintings and drove himself to destruction. Patsy was creative in several ways, using JonBenet as a canvas and also as an object of abuse. Van Gogh shot himslef because he "wanted to go home." Patsy ended JonBenet's life because she wanted to go to heaven.

I always thought that Van Gogh's mandalalike points of light showed that he was not able to overcome the quandry over inspiration and disorientation. Patsy's paintings seem to be similar and like Van Gogh's work, her's seem to be another form of "writing."

11. Paradox

This site would make a good sticky on the forum. It's evidence of the inner Patsy.

I especially like the "Hope" painting with the Alpha and the Omega, a figurine displaying a broken heart with Patsy's signature near it, and a copy of the figurine inside the Omega. She might as well have written it down clearly and simply:

"I'm split and I long for (my version} of God to heal me."

The description of the painting validates my analysis of the crime and Patsy's psychological make up.

12. Karen

Karen Member

I'm so glad someone finally explained that one to me. I couldn't tell what I was looking at. Makes sense.

13. koldkase

Not to me.

Thanks for the comparison of the painters, too. Though Van Gogh rolled over in his grave to have his life and work compared with Patzilla's.

I'm sure you know that Van Gogh started out as a priest. He was unsuccessful at it because he actually made personal sacrifices to help others. That wasn't allowed, so he more or less lost the job.

14. koldkase

That is one strange painting, Paradox. I looked at it intensely myself, trying to figure out what in the world she was thinking. Look at the face of the "angel". It is covered by hair. Blonde hair. What's up with THAT?

And the broken heart is also reflected in the almost invisible angel in the Omega symbol by a red mark where the heart would be on that figure. It's pointed, like a dagger.

Moving on, what in the heck is that large rectangle on the lower left side of the painting? A tableau of some sort? It appears to have some light marks creating angles.

The beginning and the end: indecipherable angles, a tiny angel with a mortal stab in blood...a large broken-hearted angel who shall remain hidden--BY HAIR CURTAINS? Is Patsy reliving the murder here? :sleuth:

So what about this is "hope"? At the end is the angel JonBenet, mortally wounded? And then Patsy, who has lost her entire identity--or who has to REMAIN HIDDEN, whose heart is broken, has hope at "the end"?

Okay, before the RST banshees go into fits of howling, it's anybody's guess unless Patsy explained it to someone. I'm simply looking at the OBVIOUS symbolism and trying to make sense of it. You see, people have THEIR OWN REASONS why they put what they put on canvas. For all I know, Patsy was looking at a someone ELSE'S work and copied it. That WAS her style, after all, in paintings and in ransom notes. Someone will probably find something quite close to that somewhere in the art world.

15. koldkase

Hey, Karen, long time no see.

Maybe when we get to read Tom Miller's book, it will all make sense. sigh Anybody in here read Japanese?

16. Paradox

My guess is the rectangle at the lower left is part of a cloth covering the top of the table or dresser or whatever piece of furniture the figurine is on. I also guess the Omega is a glass covered plaque or picture which reflects the figurine. The reflected figurine has half a heart. The reflection is ghoslty, ethereal, not material like the figurine. This seems to be a commentary on spirit and matter; the dualism so common in myths.

Psychologically speaking, the "wound" that we suffer from is the result of the development of consciousness, with the ego rising out of the unconscious from infancy to adulthood. The longing for the "return" or unification with the divine after death is the longing of the conscious ego to be freed from it's burden. This can be seen as a longing for the infantile state.

Patsy was no different from any mortal that has to suffer consciousness. We all do differ in how we handle the burden though.

The reflected angel is JonBenet in heaven, one half of the whole. The figurine with the split heart is Patsy awaiting the reunification in eternity. The lack of facial identity indicates a resistance to recognize any difference between the angels, they are in fact the same. JonBenet had no identity of her own, it was all Patsy.

This would all be understandable for someone grieving the loss of a special love except for the fact that Patsy created the angel intentionally, imo.

17. Karen

Karen Member

Hey there how are you? OMG I can't WAIT to read Millers book! It's like having water in the dessert. No actually more like seeing the water in the distance and not quite able to drink it yet. This book will be very well recieved I predict. I was wondering if we had any english speaking Japanese members, (how would we know?) and if they could post exerpts.
    Don't our computers have the ability to translate languages into English? We could even try a Japanese exerpt. How desperate am I sounding?! :crosseyed

18. koldkase

hahahaha I was painting this afternoon and the computer translation occurred to me, too, Karen. We must look and see if the book has been reviewed in Japan. Then maybe they'll tell us SOMETHING from it. Anything!

19. Skigwy

Skigwy Member

Sorry koldcase, I always forget not everyone shares my appreciation of undiscovered avante guarde artistes. (Especially love the flat dog faces--cutting edge!)

Well, the Mrs has had her...hands full since we brought the triplets home from the hospital. "There are THREE of them. You do the math!" she's just screamed at me from the kitchen. And well since making partner down at the firm...by jove, they expect you to put in the hours for those seven figures, so...

OkOk, none of that's true... she's around somewhere, me I just lurk mostly, on account of this place is so mean.

:)

20. koldkase

Mean? MEAN?! Well, just WHAT is a PROPER GUTTAH supposed to be, if not MEAN?! We have our reputations to live down to, after all!

HM. I think you must be a closet masochist, yes? Not to worry! Step into the alley and we'll have you in pain in NO TIME.... We've been short on someone to beat up since Dimwit left, anyhow. Bring some oreos, crack, or a fine Boone's Farm will do. All three and we'll put you in traction. We're professionals here, after all. :whipit:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice