Perfect Murder / Perfect Town being reaired tonight

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Freespirit, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Freespirit

Freespirit Member

Tonight on Lifetime Movie Network at 8 p.m. (EST)

2. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Thank you for the Heads-Up! Even though I hate watching it - I will.

RR

3. Freespirit

Freespirit Member

I Know. . .

The worst part is when they dramatize John carrying JonBenet up the steps from the basement. I've seen it many times, but still sob like a baby each time I see that. I can't imagine what it must have been like for the Fernies and the Whites to witness this. Imagine the scar it left on them and an image in their minds that they will probably never be able to erase.

4. RiverRat

I know what you mean.

I know that the Whites have not forgot - and in this case, that is a big No-No. One is supposed to move on with their lives. In this age of Instant Gratification, how dare people actually wait over EIGHT Years for Lady Justice to step into the picture?

This is why I do.............

Attached Files:

5. RiverRat

Oh well.

It's not on for me here. Dog The Bounty Hunter will have to do!

RR

6. Sabrina

Sabrina Member

I always found the music very haunting.

7. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Missed it last nite - watched UT hook Michigan, tho. :)

8. Freespirit

Freespirit Member

Sabrina, I agree, the music IS very haunting. . .

The song is entitled, "The Silence of Good Men" and is sung by Teresa James. It was written by Steve Kaplan and Bonnie Becker Cacavas.

I wish I could find the lyrics.

9. RiverRat

They never showed this part, did they?

Referencing the Shapiro tapes"
    Posted by ACandyRose on 11:46:14 7/27/99
    Include Original Message on Reply

Mullins and the Ramsey Conversations

This was taped on Sept. 4, 1998 where Joe Mullins learns of Shapiro's conversations with John Ramsey - and expresses his disappointment that he wasn't told earlier. Notice the three references to a person known as "Jameson."

(this is from an 8 minute audio but this is just the last section of the tape. The link is at the bottom of this message)

START OF TRANSCRIPT OF THIS SECTION (September 4, 1998):

Shapiro: "We talked about getting together at Jays you know real late at night after closing and a then you know he said a than you for everything and I will get back to you and then Jameson told me what happened with the attorneys when found out and they phucking like are you insane kind of thing and they forbid him from ever talking to me again or anyone else they shut the family out cause they were really getting really liberal, they let (bleeped out) in the house, they started talking to me um so you know I don’t know, I heard he clearly liked me you know Jameson told me though once he found out that I said Patsy did it he said you know Jeff is just too young to understand, he hasn’t had any children, he’s not married to understand that I love my wife very much and there is no way I would ever believe she is involved in this and there is nothing I wouldn’t do to stand by her. So, you know, I don’t know, I don’t know, I think he liked me, I just think that a……"

10. RiverRat

Continued to include My favorite part

Mullins : "Well what do you want to do, do you want to write up that interview, do it as an interview?"

Shapiro: "Well I told him it would be off the record."

Joe Mullins : "Well alright if you told him it would be off the record then you didn’t say that too me, you see."

Shapiro: "I think some day he will talk to me again. I have been told that he wants to, it’s…."

Joe Mullins: "Why don’t you write a transcript of what you talked to him?"

Shapiro: "Okay"

Joe Mullins: "And say and send it to him and say I’d like to write this little story for my newspaper what do you think, leave it up to him and with a line saying you told him that you said it was off the record."

Shapiro: "Okay" (long pause) "What do you make of that Joe?"

Joe Mullins: "What do I make of it, I think you have betrayed us, I think you have taken money under false pretenses."

Shapiro: (Takes deep breathe)
    :doughboy:
    http://thewebsafe.tripod.com/09041998shapirotapemullins.htm

Thank You ACR!

11. RiverRat

The End

Joe Mullins: "But to interview the Ramseys and a, also I told, you know I am very, you talk to people and you let things a, you let things out you shouldn’t do and you talk to Jameson and you let some stuff out you know and to Carol and people like that and it’s kind of damaging to us and of course it will come to the time where people will say he’s more trouble than he’s worth."

12. Little

Little Member

This is another take on the movie PMPT.

13. Elle

Elle Member

Little,

I think Lawrence Schiller could have made a better job of the movie "Perfect Murder Perfect Town" if he had portrayed a good part of Patsy, John, and JonBenét Ramsey's life as it really was, before leading into Christmas 1996 and the 911 call. More of their real life style should have been shown first.

The audience needed more time to grasp the situation on hand. The bullying of Nedra Paugh; the preparations JonBenét had to go through for every beauty pageant she entered; the pageant scrub as Patsy called it; scrubbing the dirt of her knees and nails; dance lessons; hair dying; sleeping with large rollers in her hair etc.,

Schiller should have shown what JonBenét's everyday life was like at the Ramsey home before the 911 call.

14. Little

Little Member

I guess there's only so much he could put into the time allotted to him Ella, but you are right, it would have been interesting to see some of the background information he was able to come up with incorporated into the movie as well. Schiller (IMO) did an amzing job of getting people to talk to him about their relationships with the Ramseys. Between his book and Steve Thomas' book there is a wealth of information the public would have never had available to them. Those two books and ACandyRose's web site seem to cover all the bases in this case. Everything is right there - all that is needed is someone with the ability and backbone to make use of it.

Little

15. Elle

Elle Member

Yes, Little. Schiller did collect some wonderful personal accounts for his book. The gardener, Brian Scott had nice memories of JonBenét . He portrayed her as a very happy friendly little girl who asked him "Do roses know their thorns can hurt?" He didn't have too many nice things to say about Burke, who wasn't the least bit friendly to him at all.

I still get annoyed when I think of ex District Attorney .Alex Hunter handing over Steve Thomas' police reports to Lawrence Schiller to read. Hunter should have consulted Steve Thomas first. Steve walked into Hunter's office and Schiller was actually reading them. So, Schiller must have benefited greatly from Steve's efforts. Unbelievable!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice