Ramsey dynamics

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Ploppy_Slopper, Aug 31, 2006.

1. I'd just like to post my observations on the Ramseys as a couple and how they interacted with each other.

Obviously in every relationship there is a weak one and a strong one. I remember watching the Rams on tv interviews and always getting the impression that Patsy wore the pants. John looks like a man of action, someone with the determination to carry out plans quickly and concisely, but not quite clever enough to devise a plan himself. Patsy was most certainly the thinker between the two, John, the workhorse.

These are of course purely subjective notions, but I would really like your opinions on it. What are your gut feelings just from looking at them?

P.S. - wouldn't it be great to have the LKL interview with the Rams and Steve Thomas available right here on FFJ? You know you want to see it again. :moose:

2. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

"P.S. - wouldn't it be great to have the LKL interview with the Rams and Steve Thomas available right here on FFJ? You know you want to see it again."

How's this.......that is the only thing that will put me in a better mood....so I would have to say Ditto.

3. Freebird

Freebird Active Member

Here here! can't get enough of the " good for it" moment.lol

4. Karyn

Karyn Member

I agree that Patsy was the brain and John is the brawn.

I'm curious what others' take is on the way they behaved that day JBR was found in the basement. Never touching one another, grieving in separate rooms, just so not what you'd expect. I would think that with all the other staging, that they would have been very conscious of making a show of unity at that critical time and find myself puzzled that they did not.

5. Karyn

Karyn Member

Please, write it as "hear, hear". This is a messageboard pet peeve of mine. ;)

6. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I am at work and don't have time to get really in depth but in no way do I think Patsy was the boss.

I think that they had a very traditional marriage in that John made all financial decisions and other "important" decisions. I think John gave Patsy every other decision that he had absolutely no interest in such as the decorating, the kids, the homemaker type issues. Don't you remember how afraid everyone was when John was around; even the vacuum cleaner couldn't be loud. John hated the dog, John was a real Master of his house.

Any decisions or actions Patsy made were because John ALLOWED her to because he didn't want to make them. Make no mistake, while John joked about how much money Patsy spent, I'm sure she did her share of hiding some of her purchases

I also think their relationship lacked real love and intimacy. You never hear of them joking or being silly together or any real warmth between them. They were always "proper" and put on a good, married show for everyone and once alone, at home, were probably just housemates

I also don't see Patsy as someone who would have been sexual or sensual. This is common with women such as Patsy; all flirty and Southern charm, but when it came to acting out such sexuality, I don't think Patsy was big on sex itself.

The Ramseys were all OUTSIDE and little to no INSIDE

Just my very short take on this

7. MlazyV

MlazyV Banned for Stupidity

This isn't a gut feeling but there is a very literal description of the relationship told in The Police Files book. John is talking about an evening with Patsy when another woman he was dating came to her apartment door to use the phone. John was cowering behind the door as Patsy lied and said they didn't have a phone because ethey just moved in. John goes on to say it was at this very point he realized he was smitten.

He was too emotionally immature to handle ending this relationship with another woman and loved Patsy for lying. In a nutshell........

8. Show Me

Show Me FFJ Senior Member

Oh a priceless moment!

The 40th birthday party, several weeks before Patsy turned 40, and John had a female impersonator imitating Patsy! I find it weird.

9. tylin

tylin Banned

I don't think Patsy was the boss of the family. I think John was the boss. I see John as the older man who married the younger woman and as the older man who was the leader, maybe even the controller of the relationship. IMO, Patsy represented the fluff wife....the younger trophy wife. (For the life of me I still don't see her being a beauty queen but that's another story. lol)
    I think Patsy saw John as a good catch...the older, somewhat handsome man who was establishing a business and who could hold a place in the community. Patsy saw what she and John could become. For Patsy it was all about appearences.

10. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

Far bee it from me to mention that in Patsy's interrogation, she was asked about the above mentioned woman and claimed to have NO knowledge of her.

Imagine That.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2006
  11. MedEditor

MedEditor Member

So Patsy willingly and easily lied for John from the get-go. That's very interesting and leads me to wonder what else she would lie about for John...

12. tylin

tylin Banned

My question is how much would John lie about for Patsy?

13. Mandarin

Mandarin Member

I Didn't Know That .... Hmmmm

God River, I must have missed a lot ...

Anyway, I think plop's question was what kind of relationship do we think they had?

Well, that's hard to say, because we only became familiar with them, AFTER they became infamous, so all we have to go on is a few tidbits from their friends & associates, and of course, their quaint little book, in which I believe John referred to himself as "fading into the wallpaper".

John did say though, right after that break-in & scuffle he had with yet another bushy haired stranger, that "everything Patsy did was ALWAYS overboard" & he seemed amused with himself when he made that remark on T.V.

Okay, so if I had to guess what sort of relationship they had prior to the death of Jonbenet, I would say it was probably atypical of most May-December relationships. He lived in one world with visions of more millions piling up in his future & she was totally absorbed in her past glory as Miss WV.

If it weren't for all the photos & videos Patsy was amassing, there probably would be no relationship at all. I think John, like a lot of men, was initially attracted to the fact that he snagged a former beauty queen, you know, the proverbial charm bracelet, but as the years moved on, and he progressed further up the ladder of success, he became indifferent and was perhaps a mostly absentee CEO father & husband.

Patsy had breast augmentation before she was 40, as well as plastic surgery for her receding chin & was, like her sisters, very concerned with her weight gain and diminishing looks. Her home and one of the other Access Graphics offices (where the other Paugh women worked) was jam packed with pageant paraphenalia, costumes, trophies, etc. etc. John's boat was named Miss America, for heaven's sake!

In fact, the AG office had to be closed down because of the pageant activity & Patsy's home was a shrine, as was her mother's home to glory days gone by. Jonbenet's cupboards & Patsy's cupboards were filled with trophies & the anticipation of the Paugh women was to one day sit in a large auditorium as Jonbenet walked down aisle to the chorus of .... "There She is, Miss America" ...... la, dee dah!

So there you have it, "The King was in his counting room, counting all his money .... and the Queen was in her parlor, eating bread and honey.

In summary, their life was a fantasy and they have all the professional and non prfessional photos and videos to prove it.

Regards,
    Mandarin

14. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

15. tylin

tylin Banned

YumYum,
    :bow: You are on the ball with the links, videos, etc. Thank you!

16. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

17. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

18. heymom

heymom Member

Sedative is working!

Wow, does she look drugged! I hadn't remembered how goofed out she looked. Let alone the terrible acting and the alarming message she gave.

Heymom

19. Greenleaf

Greenleaf FFJ Senior Member

Mandarin

Mandarin, you wrote:

"So there you have it, "The King was in his counting room, counting all his money .... and the Queen was in her parlor, eating bread and honey."

LOL, LOL, LOL!!!

It is good to see you posting again, Mandarin.:rose:

Greenleaf :leaf:

20. Ouch! Thats so accurate it stings! :coffeeup:

Thats more or less what i was getting at... I mean, if John was really that much of a hardazz, do you think he would've put up with all that chit?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice