Rest in Peace, Belle

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Watching You, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Wolfmarsgirl

Wolfmarsgirl Member

JR, I don't know you because I am new here. But, please know that my thoughts are with you now. And, please continue celebrating your wonderful memories of Belle. She seemed like a lovely lady!

2. ACandyRose

ACandyRose Super Moderator

JR

God Bless you JR for being such an absolute beautiful and wonderful loving daughter. What a beautiful tribute to your mother.

ACandyRose

3. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

I wanted to come here and thank each of you for being here for me. I know my thanks are over due but each time I think I am ready to do so, something happens and I discover I am not quite there yet. Each time I think, hey, today was easier, I got through it without stopping in the middle of what I was doing to become an emotional wreck, I get a call or get the mail or come across one of Belle's Tipi cups while cleaning out my car.

I do know that the days will get easier and my emotions less raw. Days unlike this morning, where I can open a cabinet and discover I still have half a dozen packs of Belle's favorite gum and not stand there and cry like a baby, yet not bear to throw them out...not yet, maybe tomorrow or next week.

Belle, who waltzed away with Elvis and left me behind... Yes, I know she had to but dang it hurts!

Niner took us on A Stroll thru Time (thread title) this morning and it made me remember how many times Belle sang to us as children. Belle loved to sing and she knew all the good songs kids could learn quickly like...

Mares eat oats & does eat oats & little lambs eat ivy, a kid will eat ivy too, wouldn't a ewe?

or

When I was just a little girl,
    I asked my mother, "What will I be?
    Will I be pretty?
    Will I be rich?"
    Here's what she said to me:

"Que sera, sera,
    Whatever will be, will be;
    The future's not ours to see.
    Que sera, sera,
    What will be, will be."

But my favorite was:

Somewhere over the rainbow
    Way up high
    There's a land that I heard of
    Once in a lullaby

Somewhere over the rainbow
    Skies are blue
    And the dreams that you dare to dream
    Really do come true

Some day I'll wish upon a star
    And wake up where the clouds are far behind me
    Where troubles melt like lemondrops
    Away above the chimney tops
    That's where you'll find me
    ...snip

For now there are no lemondrops and I have to stay grounded so I want to say thank you to each and every one of you for helping me stay that way the past few weeks. Thanks.

Meanwhile...I would like to dedicate this to Driver, BobC, Jordan, Ginja and to Harely and anyone else who needs a lift because there are times my friends that we all do.

When you walk through a storm hold your head up high
    And don't be afraid of the dark.
    At the end of a storm is a golden sky
    And the sweet silver song of a lark.
    Walk on through the wind,
    Walk on through the rain,
    Tho' your dreams be tossed and blown.
    Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart
    And you'll never walk alone,
    You'll never, ever walk alone.

Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart
    And you'll never walk alone,
    You'll never, ever walk alone.

http://www.lyricsdepot.com/elvis-presley/youll-never-walk-alone.html

4. Ginja

Ginja Member

JR

My sincere apologies for just seeing this thread today. My heartfelt and sincere condolences for your loss. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

5. Voyager

Voyager Active Member

JR....

I am glad that you are, even in this early stage of mourning, able to remember "the good stuff".....

When we lose one of our loved ones to the next world, all we have left of them are the memories of who they were to us.....I am happy for you that these lovely memories of Belle sharing her musical talents with you as children are in the forefront of your mind, JR....

As Easter approaches, I am remembering how much my mom loved this Spring holiday of resurection and renewal and remembering too the ways in which she shared it with her children....New shoes, beautiful new dresses which she sewed herself for all of us, sometimes we would get a new little bunny rabbit (we had hutches), and of course the coloring of the Easter eggs.....All intertwined with the Catholic Church beliefs and solumn services about the passion leading to the celebration of the resurection on Easter Day....

Those memories remind me yearly who my mom was and remind me of all that she gave to us.....she does indeed live on in her children, as I feel sure that Belle lives on in you....

May these memories of your dear mom wash over you in the weeks to come and remind you of all the good that Belle has left within you as your inheritance....

May you be comforted,
    Voyager

6. "J_R"

"J_R" Shutter Bug Bee

Thank you Voyager and Ginja.

Ginja, I read that your mom is having some medical problems and I want you to know that both you and she are in my thoughts and prayers each day. I am here if you need a shoulder or just an ear.

Meanwhile, be sure you take care of yourself while dealing with your mom's problems. That is one thing we all tend to forget to do. If you need to talk, let Tricia know and she can put you in touch.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice