Santa Bear Documentation

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by LurkerXIV, Aug 21, 2006.

1. LurkerXIV

LurkerXIV Moderator

I am about to throttle that dumb blonde John Gibson on FOX. He went on and on for ten minutes today about the "Mysterious Santa Bear that no one in the Ramsey family could identify."

If he'd do a little research, he'd find out that JonBenet receive the Mystery Bear as a pageant gift. Everyone in the family knew it.

2. sue

sue Member

It took me less than 30 seconds to find this storing reporting that the 'mystery bear' was a pageant prize.
    It took about another 10 seconds (as fast as I could type into google) to find this story with a picture, which also indicates which retailers sold similar bears at around the time of her death (which would mean John Karr didn't have one just like it as a boyhood gift).

3. tylin

tylin Banned

Sue,
    Excellent work. It only took you a few seconds to find the bear information yet the news media won't even try to find the information. The media seems bent on telling lies or at least bent on not telling the truth. :hypno:

4. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

Sue ... That is EXACTLY the type of information that should be forwarded to Gibson and other appropriate News Outlets. WE CANNOT ALLOW MISINFORMATION TO GO UNCHALLENGED!!!

Good work ... please follow-up.

...YumYum

5. Tril

Tril Member

The bear info is documented right here at FFJ, in the interviews section.

Last Friday night I sent the information, including an excerpt and a link to the entire transcript of the videotaped interview to LKL, CNN itself and to MSNBC. (A lot of good it did.)

My letter:

As long as you've been covering the JonBenet story, I thought you might like to know, if you don't already, that the sensationalized, tabloidlike news stories running rampant today on the "internets" and tv that attempt to tie John Karr to the Santa bear seen in JonBenet's bedroom after her murder are baloney. No intruder took the bear to the Ramseys' house, including John Karr, the wacko being railroaded for the murder. JonBenet was given the bear as a prize in a beauty pageant.

As for the bear's "mysterious" disappearance, maybe someone should ask Patsy's sister Pam Paugh if she happened to take it when she removed loads and loads of the Ramseys' belongings from the house after the murder, to give to them.

Here's an excerpt from a videotaped interview of Patsy Ramsey, August 28, 2000: (link to the complete transcript follows)

8 MR. WOOD (Ramsey lawyer): The video shows a
    9 Santa Bear.
    10 MS. HARMER: Yes. The video is
    11 taken at the same pageant where LaDonna
    12 passed out these prizes, one of which was
    13 the bear.
    14 MR. WOOD: Again, I am just
    15 trying to make sure, do you have a video of
    16 JonBenet holding or receiving a Santa Bear or
    17 are you saying that Santa bears were given
    18 out to some of the people there?
    19 MS. HARMER: The video shows the
    20 Santa Bear on the table.
    21 MR. WOOD: Well, the table, who
    22 all is in the picture?
    23 MR. KANE: Maybe I can clarify
    24 it. LaDonna Graygo purchased the bear,
    25 purchased the Santa Bear. It was the prize
    1 to JonBenet, and she told us the prize that
    2 JonBenet was awarded for winning little Ms.
    3 Christmas. That was the prize and it was
    4 the only bears that she had, and she got it
    5 from someplace in Nebraska, a mail order
    6 company. I can't remember the name.
    7 THE WITNESS: Okay.

Source: http://www.acandyrose.com/atl2000-i...sey-volumeI.txt

6. sue

sue Member

Actually, going back to my history, for my google search window, here's what it said:
    Results 1 - 10 of about 909,000 for jonbenet+bear. (0.08 seconds)

The top link on the search result page is the news story I posted a link to. The second link was a story that just talked about John Karr and the 'mystery bear'. The third link was a link from another site to the story I linked to.
    Just in case the link disappears, here's what it said about the bear :
    in that news story from the Rocky Mountain News

7. tylin

tylin Banned

Tril,
    Excellent find! :bowdown:

8. tylin

tylin Banned

Sue,
    You're kicking butt. :yay:
    Let's hope the media reads your post if they happen to check out FFJ. ;)

9. sue

sue Member

I sent an email to Fox News (thanks for the suggestion YumYum)

10. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

Attagirl, Sue. It's CRITICAL that we combat the misinformation whenever possible.

...YumYum

11. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Hey Tril, could you do us a favor? Would you repost your above post with the 2000 transcript re the bear under a separate and new thread with an easily identifiable title? Sometimes some of us have to come back into the forum to find vital stuff and it's easier if it's all listed out separately on its own threads. This is TOO vital for it to go missing and if press is reading here, they won't take the time to read all the way through all these threads.

Same thing everybody with the shoe print and the DNA stuff.

Thanks!!! :coffeeup:

12. YumYum012

YumYum012 Member

Excellent suggestion, DejaNu. Keeping vital components in an easy to find location IS CRITICAL.

... to that end, a "sticky" geared to The Press and the Forum Search functions might be worth while.

And yes ... I KNOW that the list of "stickies" is growing (and should somehow be consolidated) ... but we MUST EDUCATE TheMedia ... at least the Media that truly cares enough to look here.

...YumYum

13. Deja Nu

Deja Nu Banned

Yep, that's what I'd like to see happen here, Yum. Moab my dear, you be da one in charge of stickies. Whaddayathink?

14. Tril

Tril Member

Here's an excerpt from a videotaped interview of Patsy Ramsey, August 28, 2000: (link to the complete transcript follows)

8 MR. WOOD: The video shows a
    9 Santa Bear.
    10 MS. HARMER: Yes. The video is
    11 taken at the same pageant where LaDonna
    12 passed out these prizes, one of which was
    13 the bear.
    14 MR. WOOD: Again, I am just
    15 trying to make sure, do you have a video of
    16 JonBenet holding or receiving a Santa Bear or
    17 are you saying that Santa bears were given
    18 out to some of the people there?
    19 MS. HARMER: The video shows the
    20 Santa Bear on the table.
    21 MR. WOOD: Well, the table, who
    22 all is in the picture?
    23 MR. KANE: Maybe I can clarify
    24 it. LaDonna Graygo purchased the bear,
    25 purchased the Santa Bear. It was the prize
    1 to JonBenet, and she told us the prize that
    2 JonBenet was awarded for winning little Ms.
    3 Christmas. That was the prize and it was
    4 the only bears that she had, and she got it
    5 from someplace in Nebraska, a mail order
    6 company. I can't remember the name.
    7 THE WITNESS: Okay.

Source: http://www.acandyrose.com/atl2000-i...sey-volumeI.txt

15. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

And, this is the bear they are saying Karr gave her? Omigawd.

16. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Uh...yeeee essss....

Old news. Long ago, old news.

One might ask how super journalist Tracey missed it. What with self-appointed case expert jams at his side and all....

17. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Oh, duh. Well, KK, I've been sort of hit and miss around here lately. Just trying to get caught up and all.

18. Tril

Tril Member

A poster asked me to start a new thread with the interview transcript about the bear. I did, but it ended up back in this thread. I'd goofed and named the thread the same name as this thread (duh!) because I'd forgotten the name of this one, and maybe that's why it ended up in here. Oh well.

19. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

It's okay, Tril. :)

The poster wanted the info "stickied" to the top of the forum page, but I don't know if Tricia or Moab is going to do that. The info won't stay at the top of the threads without the sticky, so that's why it got merged with the other Santa Bear thread.

20. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

I'm sorry, WY, my sarcasm wasn't directed at you. I've just heard this santa bear stuff like others and have just been incredulous that after days of saying this, they still haven't gotten it right.

I didn't mean to diss you. Of course, I'd never do that. I may be dumb but I'm not stupid! Just tired and grouchy. Time to button up the smarm. Please forgive me...again.... :ziplip:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice