The two knives

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by icedtea4me, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Elle

Elle Member

I remember reading that Patsy bought it in one of those cartons one buys in the supermarket, where you can actually see them cutting them up. I buy these cartons myself, and sometimes there are pieces of rind still on it. I do have to slice it up myself. I also remember reading the rind from the pineapple in the bowl, matched the remainder of the pineapple found in the fridge.

If I come across Steve Thomas's account, I'll post the page.

2. Elle

Elle Member

Came across this while searching:

<!--StartFragment -->From Spade:

PINEAPPLE

Coroner Meyer had noted in his autopsy examination that the food found in JonBenet's intestine would have been consumed approximately two hours prior death. However, both John and Patsy stated that no one had eaten anything at the house when they returned from the White?s dinner party, and that JonBenet was asleep when they arrived home and remained asleep.

http://websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-2043

In February, 1998, detectives from the Boulder police department asked their assistance in conducting an analysis of the contents from the intestine obtained during the autopsy. At the initial examination, Coroner Meyer had suspected that the retrieved substance was pineapple fragments. The bowl of pineapple detectives found on the dining room table at the Ramsey residence the morning of December 26 had been taken into evidence that morning and frozen for future comparison studies. After examining the two samples, the biology professors confirmed that the intestinal substance were pineapple, ant that both this specimen and the pineapple found in the bowl contained portions of the outer rind of the fruit.

The study also identified both samples as being fresh pineapple not canned. The conclusion of the two professors was that there were no distinctive differences between that found in the bowl and that removed from the intestines.

Prior fingerprint testing on the bowl that contained the pineapple had picked up prints from both Patsy and Burke.

3. sue

sue Member

I knew the bowl of cut pineapple was on the table, what I was remembering (wrong) was this from the Bonita papers:
    In February, 1998, detectives from the Boulder police department asked their assistance in conducting an analysis of the contents from the intestine obtained during the autopsy. At the initial examination, Coroner Meyer had suspected that the retrieved substance was pineapple fragments. The bowl of pineapple detectives found on the dining room table at the Ramsey residence the morning of December 26 had been taken into evidence that morning and frozen for future comparison studies. After examining the two samples, the biology professors confirmed that the intestinal substance were pineapple, and that both this specimen and the pineapple found in the bowl contained portions of the outer rind of the fruit.
    I was remembering the word "frozen" and thinking of it having been a containerr of pineapple frozen in their freezer (which is in-correct) rather than remembering that the evidence pineapple had been frozen to preserve it.

4. sue

sue Member

Here's the other reference to refrigerator I was thinking of:
    http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/1998BPD-John-Interview-pages-433-531.txt

The one thing this does establish is that the spoon in the pineapple bowl appeared to JR to be a serving spoon, not the sort of spoon an adult would give a small child to eat pineapple with. But, the kind of spoon that might have been left in a bowl of leftover pineapple when it was put back in the refrigerator after serving.
    This brings up some other questions -JR says JB couldn't have opened the door of the refrigerator because it was a big walk in refrigerator, but could she really not open it, or did he just think so and was that the only refrigerator in the house?

5. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

spoon

In one interview Patsy says that the spoon is too big for the bowl and that she would never use a spoon that big in a bowl that size so I don't think it was a serving bowl - I think she called it a cereal bowl. John carries on quite a bit about how easy it would be to just say they fed her the pineapple and then put her back to bed. With the big spoon and with the argument that there is really no known reason they should deny the pineapple thing, it makes me think Burke may have been up and used that large spoon. Why would any adult use a large serving spoon in a cereal bowl?

6. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

One little thing

There is something we may have overlooked here. Now, I believe that the scene was staged to look like an outside job. But, we may have overlooked the idea that the stager had someone in mind to pin this on: they tried to frame LHP, because she was the only other person who knew where the knife was, and she was the first name thrown out.

7. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

And, of course, let us not forget PR's oh, so believable account in DOI (pp 10-11 pb version) of what she said was running through her mind as she "found the note"...

"I hurry down the spiral staircase to the bottom floor and stop. What's this? I wonder. I turn around to look at three pieces of paper on a step near the bottom. I bend over. Must be a note from the cleaning lady, Linda, I think. Probably reminding me that she needs to borrow twenty-five hundred dollars. I must leave a check on the kitchen counter before we leave."

PR expects us to believe that it takes LHP three pages, which she just happens to leave on the stairs, to remind PR that she needs to borrow some money? The loan, after all, was agreed upon. PR's audacity is amazing. And what the hell happened to her skipping a step?

8. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Sad, isn't it, folks?

9. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

Heh, well, she remembered that she BENT OVER. Blow by blow account, but she left out the part where she nimbly skipped a step to avoid walking on the papers on the steps. Patsy is a master of deception. Instead of good, clean writing, she resorts to hysteria, drama, and exaggeration. DOI doesn't even make for good fiction reading, frankly.

10. carolbell

carolbell Member

red knife

:wave:
    I believe Burke might have found the hidden knife,and was in the basement whittling. Not on that night of course. He probably found the knife and went downstairs to whiddle so LHP wouldnt know.Itcould be also that Patsy found the knife and gave it back to him.

11. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

I just got to thinking...this was fresh-cut pineapple in the bowl. This is something that is generally eaten with the fingers, as opposed to canned pineapple. Could it be that this large serving spoon was inadvertently placed in the bowl by someone during the morning of Dec 26th?

12. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Member

Okay, carolbell, let's say that Burke did find his Swiss Army knife and had taken it to whittle in the basement. Why, then, is there no mention of any wood shavings? And why would it matter to Burke if LHP knew about it when it was his mother who had complained to LHP about his leaving wood shavings all over the house? Patsy was the one who asked LHP to hide the knife from Burke and it is reasonable to conjecture that LHP told Patsy where she hid Burke's knife. Also, don't you think that Patsy would've noticed the cabinet being open with the package of Pull-ups being half way out on the afternoon of Dec 25th? And why in the world was the paring knife found on the counter just below this open cabinet?

13. The Punisher

The Punisher Member

Try this

Okay, I've posted my idea that LHP was the target of a frame-up. But why? She knows too much! Why don't we take a look at what she has to say:

"You were still wearing the red sweater and black velvet trousers when you put JonBenet to bed. Surprisingly-for someone who prides herself on never wearing the same outfit twice-you were wearing that same costume when the police arrived the next day. You simply lost it. You took her into the bathroom, the same destination you always took her when it was time to punish her for bedwetting. You forget I saw you take her there so many times before."

I think we've finally answered that nagging question of "history."

So, add that to what Drs. McCann and Krugman postulated, and it doesn't take a lead weight to fall on my head to recognize what we have here.

You reading this, Empress?

14. carolbell

carolbell Member

LHP asked Burke to put his shavings in a bag or something,he didnt. So she said something to his Mother. who said she will take care of it and didnt. So LHP hid the knife from Burke.The knife was found in the basement later with some shavings on the floor.

15. Elle

Elle Member

Hi Carolbell,

Nice to see you over here. I remember reading LHP hid the Red Swiss Army knife in the linen cupboard, and she didn't think a stranger would have found it. I hardly think Patsy Ramsey would have handed it back to Burke after Linda complaining of the shavings being scattered all over the house.

16. Elle

Elle Member

I agree with you TP I think LHP was also a target and thrown under the bus. I personally think leaving the ransom note on the spiral stairs was another stupid thing for the Rams to do. I would have thought the kitchen counter would have been the best place for that, since the kitchen is the first place any of us head for in the morning, for a cup of coffee, or breakfast.

17. carolbell

carolbell Member

wood shavings

I think that if she was taking diapers out of box she came upon the knife and Burke pestered her. I dont know I just think that she would give him the knife if he really wanted it. Also she might have been irritated that LHP would hide the knife on him.

18. carolbell

carolbell Member

A lot of Mothers would be upset for making such a mess and running up the water bill.One time little J..B said that she needed new clothes.Right away the Mother and Daughter went shopping.Gardener said that the last time he saw J.B. she was ordering everybody where to sit in the car.When the Rams had friends over J.B, would put on a show for them.So imo,if Burke wanted the knife,Burke got the knife.

19. Elle

Elle Member

I disagree . I think if Patsy wanted to keep her housekeeper cleaning the house, she would have honoured what Linda Hoffman Pugh had to say. JMO

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice