Tonight Is Charlevoix High School's Senior Prom

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Freespirit, May 14, 2005.

1. Freespirit

Freespirit Member

I have been thinking about Burke and wondering if he is going. I imagine he has a lot on his mind with his mother being so ill. My heart goes out to this kid - he really has not had a "normal" childhood considering everything he's been through. I hope that if he is going that he has a great time.

2. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Burke is the only person I really feel sorry for. To me he comes over as the forgotten child. Always on the second place, everything and everyone goes before him.

3. sue

sue Member

:yes: :cry:

4. Tez

Tez Member

Amen.

5. Sylvia

Sylvia FFJ Senior Member

Preview on Chapter 4 of DOI

After reading the first page of chapter 4, it becomes obvious that Burke Ramsey is the forgotten child. He is left alone to deal with the death of his sister, and there is really no one who helps him to deal with the whole situation. Whereas, J. Ramsey (in previous chapters), was bragging about staying strong for his daughter, he apparently doesn’t feel the same for his son. Instead of being there for the boy, he is more interested in the bottle. The same goes for P. Ramsey--she is never there for the child. Even a month later, she shows her concern for him in stating: “I feel so bad. Why couldn’t I have been there for Burke to make sure he was dressed properly for the funeral?†Instead of worrying about the child feelings, she only cares how he looked in a public appearance. Whether Burke needed comfort and care isn’t even an issue. Again, Burke comes last! He only needed to be dressed properly for the “proper burial.†It instantly reminds me of the ransom note sentence: “You will also be denied a proper burial.â€

She isn't worried about how Burke felt, no the slip of his shirt was hanging out of his pants.....Oh well, that was unforgivable considering it was his sister's burial. The one they preferred above him! I get me so angry.

6. Kelly

Kelly Member

I too have been thinking about Burke's prom this year. I hope he went and had a good time. That is the one thing that validates for me that Patsy is really sick again. If she were well, she would be ramrodding everything to do with the prom. Now, she isn't even there and apparently has had nothing to do with it.

7. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

They sure have sued enough in his name. He should be set for life. I can't imagine Burke not knowing what went on in that house that night and that morning. Jmho.

I never heard of prom on Sunday nite.

But yeah, I hope everyone of those younguns had a safe and fun prom.

8. Freespirit

Freespirit Member

"I never heard of prom on Sunday nite."

The prom wasn't Sunday night. It was Saturday May 14.

9. JC

JC Superior Cool Member

Yeah, that's when they are down here, on Saturday. Well, I guess it was safe for all and hope it was fun. Maybe he'll go spend the summer in Georgia.

10. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

In January 2004, Charlevoix High School was listed as "underachieving". It was the only school listed as such under "Charlevoix Public Schools".

I'd be interested to know the details - and why the Ramseys chose it for Burke despite this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice