Tracey to pen new JonBenet book

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Little, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Niner

Niner Active Member

I LOVE the hat!! styl'in fer sure!! :laughup:

2. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

I'm having a hard time digesting the show. The man leaves one woman's bedroom and plants a juicy kiss immediately on the next woman standing outside the door. This behavior is usually kept from a woman's vision!!!

RR

3. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Tin foil hats, surreptitious tail, men snookering women--again, Zott hogging the toilet, a mouth harp, squeeze box and Jayelles singing about a cat on a wa...whatever a wa is....

I'll take one of those hats in severe paranoia, Moab....

I'm getting visions of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. Anybody here got any ping pong balls?

4. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

I have my new tin foil hat and I am ready

I will bring the Brooklyn bagels!

...and the Brooklyn accent if anyone tries to get tough with us :)

5. koldkase

koldkase FFJ Senior Member

Hoboy, well, all we need now is Patsy with her garrrrrrote and we'll be untouchable!

6. BobC

BobC Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript

Right RR--that kind of thing gives me a sick feeling every time I see it. I find Bill's incessant horniness really creepy. With the current worldwide population explosion crisis going on, the whole concept of having kid after kid after kid strikes me as immature and self-centered.

7. Cherokee

Cherokee FFJ Senior Member

Men snookering women? Where? Not on OUR bus!

And Jay's not singing about a cat on a wa, it's a crow on a wa (wall). Don't ask me. I have no idea why the Scots want to sing about crows on a wall, but they have so many drinking songs already, they probably ran out of material and decided to sing about what they saw as they lay in the parking lot at the pub.

In case you want to join Jay and the Jayettes in song, here are the lyrics:

"Three Craws"

Three craws sat upon a wa',
    Sat upon a wa', sat upon a wa',
    Three craws sat upon a wa',
    On a cauld and frosty mornin'.
    The first craw was greetin' for his maw,
    Greetin' for his maw, greetin' for his maw,
    The first craw was greetin' for his maw,

The second craw fell and broke his jaw,
    Fell and broke his jaw, fell and broke his jaw,
    The second craw fell and broke his jaw,

The third craw, couldnae caw at a',
    Couldnae caw at a', couldnae caw at a',
    The third craw, couldnae caw at a',

An that's a', absolutely a',
    Absolutely a', absolutely a',
    An that's a', absolutely a',

8. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

My kind of song...only has about three lines and ya just keep repeating them...

[​IMG]

9. Jayelles

Jayelles Alert Viewer in Scotland

My version's a wee bit different:-

Three craws, sat upon a wa, sat upon a wa sat upon a wa-a-a-a
    Three craws, sat upon a wa on a cauld an frosty mornin'

(then the verses are)
    The FIRST craw couldnnae sing at a'...

The SECOND craw couldnae flee at al'

The THIRD craw wis greetin for his maw

The FOURTH craw wisnae there at a'

You SHOUT the number of the craws. It's a popular song here - gets sung in all the best nightclubs after a big plate of haggis and a wee dram or twelve.

I think we should sing this song in honour of jameson and the RST. Everytime jameson writes about the "BORG!!!"... I think of a big black craw, sittin on a wa, greetin fur it's maw.

EDITED TO SAY :- the song has to be sung by a man, in high falsetto to have the very best effect.

10. Jayelles

I swear this is true... after I made the above post, I though - spoons, harmonica, me singing soprano - all we need is somebody on washboard and we have our very own skiffel band - real guttah class!

10 silver thimbles coming up.

11. Barbara

Barbara FFJ Senior Member

Sure, spoil all my fun!!!!!! :cry:

How can we truly be in the guttah without snookering?

Cherokee,

You have to learn that to be a true crack ho in the guttah, there MUST be some snookering! :tipsy: :behind: :thumbsup:

12. Jayelles

This has a different meaning in the UK. It means conned or beat. OTOH, we have some wonderful words for the other.

13. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

This is the GUTTAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I was thinking platinum.
    [​IMG]

14. Cherokee

And before KK asks just WHO that crow was greetin' ... "greetin'" in Scottish slang means crying or moaning. It has nothing to do with saying howdy to the neighbors. :hiya:

The first time Jay used that phrase around me, I was confused because it didn't seem to go in the context of what she said. Here we were talking about some tragedy, and suddenly, I thought people were going around greeting each other. :)

In case anyone else here is a language lover (and Scot/Anglophile) like myself, here is a great site that you'll enjoy:

http://www.firstfoot.com/

15. Cherokee

There MUST be snookering? Where did I miss that? Was it in the "Guttah For Dummies" handbook? You know, I only took the Guttah mail-in correspondence course, so I may have missed some of the hands-on experience offered in Ho Life 101.

16. Zotto

Zotto FFJ Senior Member

Flamin' heck Jay...I was thinking something more along the lines of "hail to the bus driver".......

17. Jayelles

Corny Scottish Joke

"Ma mither-in-law has a face like a christmas cerd - she's aye greetin'"

(My mother-in-law has a face like a chrtismas card - always greeting (moaning))

18. Jayelles

As Chero says - "greeting" in Scots means crying but it's also used to describe someone who is whining or incessantly moaning.

19. Elle

Elle Member

Haven't heard that in years Jay. Excuse my spelling!

Three craws (crows) sat upon a waw (wall)
    Sat upon a waw
    Sat upon a waw

Three craws sat upon a waw
    On a cold and frosty morning
    The first wee craw, wisnae a craw at aw "QUACK!"
    Wisnae a craw at aw
    Wisnae a craw at aw

The first wee craw wisnae a craw at aw "QUACK!"
    On a cold and frosty morning. :)

Have I got my QUACKS in the right place, Jay? :) It's been a hundred years since I heard it. This was a children's song. I loved it!

20. Jayelles

I haven't heard that variation Elle. I guess there must be lots of different versions. My uncles used to sing it when we had family get-togethers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice