Vanity Fair article mentions JonBenet...

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by Niner, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Niner

Niner Active Member

I hope it's okay that I started a new thread on this... it didn't seem to fit into any other thread on here! I just bought Vanity Fair, January issue, as it had an article about the Natalee Holloway case, which I'm following on Websleuths. And some of the Dutch authorities had mentioned JonBenet in this article. Here are the quotes:

and a bit later in the article, this quote: (the author is speaking with a former government minister named John Merryweather - re when Beth Twitty went on tv after the Kalpoe brothers were released from jail - and she called them "criminals")

2. Thanks

Thanks for finding that. I'll have to pick up a copy. I hope it's still out there!

LA 90'

3. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

4. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

(Just because it's cute) :pB:

Hello? The Ramseys zealously avoided the press? If they are going to reference the JonBenet Ramsey case, they should at least get their facts straight. The Ramseys did not avoid the press - they sought them out for self-interest interviews.

:pB: :pB: :pB: :pB:

5. JustChillun

JustChillun Member

They hired PR for MANIPULATION of the press. Sort of like a high stakes chess game...for those chess hoodlums that bet.

6. RiverRat

RiverRat FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Lef

"Why blame the whole island, a whole country, for something that is out our control? She attacks our justice system? What about yours? JonBenet. Was that ever solved? Michael Jackson - he gets off. O.J. That's American justice, and the woman is criticizing us?"

:steamed:

Apples and Oranges! Poor Beth, she has far too much class to be associated in any news article with that Tacky Patsy Ramsey who is always just the Runner-Up as Natalee's mother has shown the world just how you react to someone else harming your child.

RR

7. wombat

wombat Member

Well the article is kind of non-complimentary about Beth Holloway Twitty and her husband and their friends. The Arubans apparently now hate them. According to the article, they were overzealous to the point of being insulting to Aruban law enforcement and press. Of course, I can see how one could get out of contol about finding one's daughter (as opposed to a certain couple). Also, Beth may be a little naive about her daughter's level of experience. Not that she got herself killed, I don't mean that.

8. wombat

wombat Member

Well the article is kind of non-complimentary about Beth Holloway Twitty and her husband and their friends. The Arubans apparently now hate them. According to the article, they were overzealous to the point of being insulting to Aruban law enforcement and press. Of course, I can see how one could get out of contol about finding one's daughter (as opposed to a certain couple). Also, Beth may be a little naive about her daughter's level of experience. Not that she got herself killed, I don't mean that.

9. Watching You

Watching You Superior Bee Admin

I can't say one bad thing about Beth - God knows if it were one of my daughters that came up missing there, Arubia wouldn't know what hit it. Beth had a living daughter before she went to Arubia. She no longer has a living daughter. She has the right to know what happened to her child.

10. wombat

wombat Member

I would want to chew people up and spit them out - but as John Walsh and Mark Klaas always say, cooperate with the police and the FBI to the nth degree.

I think some of the people Beth's husband brought with them to Aruba may not have been too cooperative.

I don't know, maybe Vaity Fair's just trying to make a headline.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice