Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1
    I should have said. I'll come here one day and someone has been arrested, but I thought it was Patsy. I feel John Ramsey needs to be arrested for his part. However, I don't know if I'm right, Cherokee (?).

Not all of us here think it was Patsy. Thor thinks it was a Ramsey male, and Jay doesn't think it was the Ramseys.

There are times when I think it may well be Burke. Sometimes when reading over other posts, I find myself wondering if I'm wrong (?).
    undefined

Elle, Burke was heard on the 911 call asking what did you find and what can I do. I don't think he was involved. Just mo.

Quote Originally Posted by sboyd
    Can someone tell me why The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie is here and what it has to do with the Ramseys. Is there are correlation? Thanks, Solace
    Hi Solace, I started the thread because I read the book and found many interesting passages that IMO are a correlation. Of course everyone has their own interpretation, thus the thread for discussion, thank you FFJ. I think The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie has psychological insight into Patsy, since she did read the book/play and performed it from high school to Miss America.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberry
    Hi Solace, I started the thread because I read the book and found many interesting passages that IMO are a correlation. Of course everyone has their own interpretation, thus the thread for discussion, thank you FFJ. I think The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie has psychological insight into Patsy, since she did read the book/play and performed it from high school to Miss America.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, now I see. Thank you.

I think Paradox also posted about Patsy and "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie" play/movie for quite some time, Cranberry, if I remember correctly. I'm unsure if he had a special thread, but he has been talking about this as far back as I remember seeing his first post here. Just to give credit, where credit is due.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberry
    Yes Heymom, IMO, Linda Arndt was in a vulnerable situation, at the crime scene unfolding as it was. Do you think there's a reason why Patsy would think 'the look in his eyes' comment would be so unbelievable?
    Yes, I think there was a reason for that comment, but it may be as simple as trying to throw off any suspicion. I can't begin to guess Patsy's mental processes. I don't know if she was abused by John Ramsey, at least emotionally. I do know that she wrote that ransom note, and I suspect she did it with John at her side. That's all I know. Well, I know that at least one of them caused JonBenet's death and that they both had a hand in the staging.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1
    I think Paradox also posted about Patsy and "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie" play/movie for quite some time, Cranberry, if I remember correctly. I'm unsure if he had a special thread, but he has been talking about this as far back as I remember seeing his first post here. Just to give credit, where credit is due.
    Yes Elle, Paradox knows it inside out, better than anyone. We can all learn alot from him, I know I have. Forgive me for failing to give him credit, I didn't mean to do that as I was personally taking the blame for any muddling it up as a noob. Thank you Elle for your posts and discussions, I always learn new things from you, too.

Can someone tell me why The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie is here and what it has to do with the Ramseys. Is there are correlation? Thanks, Solace
    Thanks Cranberry.

From the autopsy report, the rn and a little talk radio I concluded Patsy had committed sacrifice. I wasn't into the case until I asked Peter Boyles about this and he dismissed it out of hand. So I started reading. By then Hodges first book was out and it mentioned the Serpah report.

Psychotics often associate themselves with myths. And they live in a world of dreams. They often use objects in the real world in an attempt to manifest their dreams. The objects suffer. Often, literature is involved. The ransom note is a small work of fantasy literature and Patsy was known to have performed a soliloquey from TPOMJB in her pageants and she re-wrote it to keep it in her last pageant.

I took a shot and looked into TPOMJB to see if there were recurring mythic/dream images that showed up in the case also. And there were. So I continue to haunt the forums so that one day I can say nya, nya, nya, I'm right and you're wrong to a few know it alls, that will, for now remain unmentioned.

undefined

Elle, Burke was heard on the 911 call asking what did you find and what can I do. I don't think he was involved. Just mo.
    Yes, that's right SB, I did read about that, but hypothetically, just what if Burke had struck JonBenét on the head with the flashlight when they were in the kitchen during the night, having some pineapple, and he had knocked her out and just walked away from the scene without giving her another glance(?). Patsy could have found her missing in her bed at midnight, the time she woke JonBenét up for the bathroom, to prevent a wet bed, and gone searching for her. Burke could have wakened up with the commotion going on in the wee small hours.

Sometimes the "what if scenes" like this flash through my head, although my first thought is Patsy did it.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Cranberry,

Here's something form Linda McLean's book;

"Patsy was always well prepared and liked to win as much as anyone. But she also helped others, willing to do anything to spark the team spirit.

That's straight out of TPOMJB.

If "Patsy" was for the team spirit, then she was against Jean Brodie.

Sandy was with Brodie for a while and hence against team spirit. After she betrayed Brodie she became a Catholic nun, very much a team member.

Psychologically, the pressure of being an individual was released in the betrayal of Brodie. Sandy became an individual by breaking up the set. Then lost it when she became Catholic. Her identity changed and she became Sister Helena of the Transfiguration.

Patsy's identity changed 12/25/'96 when Patsy/JonBenet-alive, became Patsy/JonBenet-Angel.

Default Chapter 6

Chapter 6 - The Last Chapter

“By the time their friendship with Miss Brodie was of sevens years’ standing, it had worked itself into their bones, so that they could not break away without, as it were, spitting their bones to do so.”

Sandy (to Miss Mackay regarding Miss Brodie): “She doesn’t drink, except sherry on her birthday.”

The Brodies girls, now seventeen, were able to detach Miss Brodie from her aspect of teacher.

Jenny: dramatic talent, always rehearsing, debating society.
    Eunice: Nurse
    Monica: Science
    Sandy: Psychology
    Rose: Art school

MJB: “I am his Muse but Rose shall take my place.”

Sandy: She thinks she is God of Calvin - she sees the beginning and the end. Sandy thought Miss Brodie was an unconscious lesbian. Many theories in the psychology books categorized Miss Brodie, but failed to obliterate the image from the canvases of one-armed Teddy Lloyd.

Miss Jean Brodie was dedicated to the girls. Sandy realized it was not all theory or a Brodie game. Not a theory, Miss Brodie meant it.

Sandy: MJB was obsessed by the need for Rose to sleep with the man she herself was in love with; there was nothing new in the idea, it was the reality that was new.

Sandy became interested in the painter’s mind, so involved with Miss Brodie.

Sandy’s insolent blackmailing stare. Teddy Lloyd kissed Sandy.

Teddy reproduced Miss Brodie in his portrait painting of Sandy. Sandy: Curious about the mind that loved the woman. Deeply absorbed in his mind, from which she extracted, among other things, his religion. Her mind was full of his religion.

She left the man and took his religion and became a nun, in the course of time.

Miss Brodie was at first merely resigned to Sandy‘s liaison with Teddy, now exultant and wanted details, which she did not get. “Then all is well, said Miss Brodie. “And after all, Sandy, she said, “you are destined to be the great lover, although I would not have thought it. Truth is stranger than fiction. I wanted Rose for him, I admit.”

Miss Brodie forms a new set.

Sandy to the probing Miss Mackay: “Have you thought of politics?” “Only putting a stop to Miss Brodie.”

Sandy was fuming now, with Christian morals. Sandy enters the Catholic Church.

Miss Brodie writes to Sandy: You had no reason to betray me, after all, I gave you the best part of me in my confidences and in the man I love. Who would betray me? Miss Brodie reviews the Brodie set list:
    Mary - Due to a grievance, in her stupidity?
    Rose - For my always coming first with Mr. L?
    Eunice - Bore a grudge because she wanted Team Spirit?
    Jenny - Because I told her she’d never be a great actress?
    Monica - With very little Soul; Beauty Truth and Goodness beyond her grasp?
    Miss Brodie: “Who could it have been?”

Sandy: “If you did not betray us, it is impossible that you could have been betrayed by us. The word betrayed does not apply…”

Miss Brodie was an innocent in her way. It’s only possible to betray where loyalty is due.

Reporter to Sandy/Sister Helena: Who was the main influence of your school days?
    Sandy: “There was a Miss Jean Brodie, in her prime.”

It's interesting to see what you highlight Cranberry. Every time I read the book I see someting new. I thought I saw the "head" reference my last read but you had posted it already. TPOMJB is an autobiography by Spark using Sandy as Spark.

The Brodie/Sandy/Rose figure that relates sexually to the Lloyd/Lowther/artist/holyman hints at a libido loaded Patsy Paugh. As pathetic a man as John Ramsey is, I give fault him the most for not unlocking Patsy's secret vault.

Yes, onehanded too. I'll say anything to get people to read this book.

IMO at the beginning of the book I saw similar traits of people around PR but by the end of the book it looked more like traits that Patsy assumed herself.