Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445

Thank you for sharing this with us, rashomon. It is good you have someone like an Emergency Room MD to ask good questions like this.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Default John Meyer has announced plans to retire

Boulder County to search for new forensic pathologist
    Competition for pathologists is fierce
    By Laura Snider Camera Staff Writer
    Posted: 10/23/2009 06:02:46 PM MDT

Boulder County will soon lose its go-to man for performing autopsies -- and he won't be easy to replace.

John Meyer, who has been performing autopsies for Boulder County death investigations since 1982, has announced plans to retire, leaving the county in the tough position of finding a new forensic pathologist.

Forensic pathologists -- doctors specialized in determining the manner and cause of death, particularly in cases of homicides, suicides, and sudden or suspicious deaths -- are in short supply, and the competition among cities and counties to attract one can be fierce.

"To get someone formally trained in a good program who is board-certified in ... forensic pathology isn't easy," said John Howard, a forensic pathologist and president of the National Association of Medical Examiners. "There's always been a job open -- or many jobs open -- around the country for my entire career. And I've been doing this for 21 years."

On Friday, eight jobs were listed on the association's Web site, and all of them offered salaries between $150,000 and $250,000.

Now, Boulder County does not pay for a full-time forensic pathologist. Meyer, who works for Boulder Community Hospital, performs autopsies for the county on a per-case basis.

Meyer was the Boulder County coroner from 1987 to 2002 and worked on such high-profile cases as the JonBenet Ramsey murder.
    Read entire article here:
    http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_13629251
    No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man. -Heraclitus Fragments c. 500 BC

Thanks for posting this, Little. Oh my. How are they going to try that intruder now?

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Default Confusion about the exact location of the neck knot

From the autopsy report:
    http://www.acandyrose.com/12271996jonbenet02.gif
    Wrapped around the neck with a double knot in the midline of the posterior neck is a length of white cord similar to that as being tied around the right wrist.
    But this autopsy photo shows the neck knot more on the right side of the neck, not in the midline of the posterior neck:

***Warning ***Autopsy photo***
    http://www.acandyrose.com/jonbenetfaceright.jpg