Tape? What tape?

Discussion in 'Justice for JonBenet Discussion - Public Forum' started by koldkase, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

well

Her dirty feet could also be just because she wasn't bathed recently and from reading PR's questioning I could very well believe JBR's hygiene just wasn't important to PR. Unless it was pageant time, that is.

2. madeleine_ws

madeleine_ws Member

This is a bit off topic but I was just reading some parts of their interviews and my head went kaboom.JR is asked if he ever made the ransom note public.Now I remember a case where all they had was the killers voice (phone call IIRC) and it was put on a website and someone recognized it.

Now...........if you were the parent of a murdered child and the ONLY THING that could lead you to the killer is his HANDWRITING (please let's forget about the damn DNA now :D) ,wouldn't you publish it EVERYWHERE?????on websites,in your video appeals,in your book...and I don't mean the context of it but the photo of the original who shows the HANDWRITING.

The handwriting is the only thing they have that could be recognized by someone who knows the intruder RIGHT?It's their only hope and it's better than the DNA if you ask me.There could be that ONE person in this world who could pick up the phone one day and say "hey I think this handwriting looks like my husbands".

But NOPE,they never did it.Once again their own actions (or better said lack of) prove that there is NO intruder.

3. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Madeleine,

THAT is a very good point. I have to agree and I wonder why that wasn't suggested by their attys for just that reason....unless they didn't believe them either at that time.

4. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

It wasn't just whether they were dirty, though. The wineceller was kept locked with a slide bolt that JB couldn't reach. JR admitted he kept it locked because he didn't want the kids in that room. It was filthy, anyway- no place for kids to play, and there was a type of white mold on the floor (common in unsealed cement floor basements) that was not found in other areas of the house. If her feet had that white mold on the soles, then she WAS in that room when she was standing up (in other words, when she was alive).
    It would not be unusual for the bottoms of anyones feet (or socks) to be dirty when they walk around without shoes, even in a clean home.
    But to find that particular type of dirt on her feel places her alive in the wineceller.

5. Karen

Karen Member

Steve Thomas referred to them as "dusty".

6. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

I'm sure they were. But I'd still like to know exactly what kind of dust. The white mold in the basement does look dusty, though it isn't really dust. It is a kind of mold, which can be easily verified with a lab test. I had that same kind of mold in my basement. It happens on unsealed cement floors where there is some dampness. It's not the black mold or mildew. It looks like a white powdery dust.
    Still- the "dusty" feet are problematic. If she was supposedly carried from the car to her bed and never seen alive again, her feet should be clean. The bedrooms were carpeted, if she was awake. (Of course we know she was awake- you don't eat pineapple in your sleep). I am sure she wore shoes and sock to the White's, and even if she took her shoes off at the White's, she would have had socks on.
    JB having "dusty" feet is a red flag to me.

7. AMES

AMES Member

11:52 pm Christmas Day 2009

It's 11:52 pm on Christmas Day (night)....and all I can think about is JonBenét. There is not a Christmas that goes by that I do not think of her. RIP Sweet Angel!!! Hopefully justice will be served for you in 2010!

8. Learnin

Learnin Member

"So why would the Ramseys be lying about duct tape? As Haney SAID to Patsy earlier, most homes in America have duct tape in them. What's the harm of admitting to LE THEY also had duct tape?"

Exactly. Duct tape is so handy, I find it hard that a junked up house like that didn't have a roll of duct tape somewhere. Why, they could have used it to patch up that hole in the basement window John broke months earlier so they wouldn't have to spend a few dollars more on a repair.

9. Learnin

Learnin Member

That's a good point. You WOULD think that the parents would publish the letter for the reasons you point out. Not only might someone pick up something in the handwriting style but, more importantly, the phrases, nuances, etc.

10. Learnin

Learnin Member

It seems to me I read where she had dust and lint on the soles of her feet. Sweaty feet would pick up dust and lint very easily. JBR would have had shoes on when she returned from the Whites, no? Shoes make feet sweat.
    How long would the feet stop sweating after removing shoes and socks?

11. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

As soon as she walked barefoot on a carpeted floor. Most kids do not wear socks to bed, but in colder times, they might. But I recall Patsy saying JB's room was hot.
    This whole matter of the dusty feet is a moot point anyway. The coroner failed to determine whether any matter found on her bare feet could be sourced to the wineceller, where her body was found. IMO, a GLARING omission because her bare footprint in that room meant she was standing up (alive) in that room. That was not a room where a little girl would play, or even hide, especially barefoot. JR claimed he kept the room latched so the kids couldn't get in.
    An undertaker washes a body before laying it out in a coffin. So much for forensic evidence. Yep, the RST was in a BIG hurry to get that little body out of police custody and into that tiara and pageant dress.

12. Learnin

Learnin Member

Somehow I can't believe that lint and dust was found on JBR's feet, at the autopsy, and this was not collected to find the source. Could this be one of the pieces of evidence that has never found its way to the public domain? Dust and lint always make me think of a laundry room.

13. Texan

Texan FFJ Senior Member

dirty feet

She probably hadn't had a bath before going to the White's house so there is no telling how long before she died that her feet got dirty. Patsy couldn't even say whether JBR washed her hands before she ate, so I'm sure a bath wasn't high priority her last day on earth.

14. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Dee Dee,

I've simply got to ask you this! In your post #37 and now again in post #51 you mention that a "small child's bare footprint" was found in the dust of the floor of the room where she was found. Goodness knows I've forgotten much about this case but I don't ever remember that there WAS found a bare footprint. Can you give a source for this item? I'm not picking on you but just trying to see if I'm that far gone. They may take me away any day now and I just wanted to make sure. Heh heh!

15. Karen

Karen Member

No I'm with you. Although DeeDee has always been spot on with the facts and I'm sure she'll direct us to where she read this, I also don't remember a childs bare footprint being part of the evidence. However it does sound vaguely familiar.

16. Elle

Elle Member

I searched around for some bare foot information ZM but this was all I came up with.
    They are talking about just "footprints" not "bare" footprints.

Bolding mine!

17. zoomama

zoomama Active Member

Thanks Elle,

There is a huge difference between footprints and bare footprints. We know of the one shoe print for the child's sized boot print from the brand name shoe (which I can't think of at this moment) But 2 prints? Boy oh boy! I'm missing parts of my brain here I guess. We know of the palm print from Melissa too on the door frame.

18. AMES

AMES Member

I know what DeeDee is talking about. I have seen pictures of a child's bare footprint in the WC, near JB's body. BUT....I do not know if the pictures had been "doctored" or not. I did a search...and can't find the pictures now. I have seen them though.

19. Moab

Moab Admin Staff Member

20. Elle

Elle Member

I appreciate KK's idea, but unless photos are enlarged and clear, it truly is difficult to study them.

For me, Redd Herring's site was one of the best. It was an outstanding site. For me, this was the first site which had the Ramsey house plan,
    but I'm now thinking the name itself may well be a group of people involved (?). Can you throw any light on this for me KK? TIA

I can't find the old Redd Herring site I used when I first joined the forums. Does anyone have it? this is what came up when I searched.

http://www.crimeshots.com/JonBenetCase.html I liked the old one. There was a photograph of a man wearing a soft hat on the site I'm talking about. therefore I took this to be one person(?).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2009
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice