Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default "Lake" - former Justice Watch poster

In 1997-98 I was an avid reader of the posts on JW by Lake. His theories seemed off the wall (he thought JonBenet died as the result of a plot devised by multiple juveniles) but at the same time, he had accurate information that was known to only a handful of people. Lake dropped out of sight during the grand jury and even though another JW poster had sent me copies of many of Lake’s posts, he fell out of my mind.

Several years ago, I was involved in a film project with a very well known author. During a story editing session the topic turned to the Ramsey case. The author said she had an acquaintance that was “so obsessed” with the case that he had posted incessantly on the internet as “Lake”.

Lake was Mark Ohlshaker, John Douglas’ writing partner and the author of the Ramsey segment in Crimes that Haunt Us. Lake’s “off the wall” theory gained credibility with me.

Spade

Lake was Mark Ohlshaker, John Douglas’ writing partner and the author of the Ramsey segment in Crimes that Haunt Us. Lake’s “off the wall” theory gained credibility with me.
    Could you post a synopsis of Lake's theory, Spade?

Sometimes when I'm searching for some information, I come across some weird theories out there, and can't read them.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Default Elle_1

Quote Originally Posted by Elle_1
    Could you post a synopsis of Lake's theory, Spade?

Sometimes when I'm searching for some information, I come across some weird theories out there, and can't read them.
    I just searched my storage room where I thought I had stored copies of Lake's posts. No Luck. As I recall Lake's theory was the topic of a lengthy JW thread titled: Juvenile Theory. If anyone saved those posts, please copy some of them here so I might refresh my memory.

Default don't know about Lake

other than he had an arrogant attitude like Douglas....iow, don't question my theory as I know what I'm talking about.

RiverRat is offline FFJ Sr. Member Extraordinaire (Pictured at Left is Patsy Ramsey)

Well, that is one mystery solved, Spade.....now if you could just wrap up this other matter.....

You should contact ACR to see if she has the CD's from the JW days - I know that I will help you out by checking through the on-line archives over the weekend.
    "Don't play dumb with me, RR! You're no good at it." The Punisher

"Although no one is anticipating a prompt resolution to this long and much-detoured case, perhaps - just perhaps - might we see one of those moments “when a chance arrow of history scores a perfect bullseye on a deserving target”? Steve Thomas 2009

"Justice hasn't had a chance so far. Anyone who doesn't have this as their prime goal, we'll have a falling out with." Fleet White - Time Magazine

"What happens is that evil comes in," Fleet says. "If you don't have truth, all you have are lies, then what comes in is evil. And evil just does its thing. In the Ramsey case, it just did its thing, and it's eaten up so many people."

Yes, ACR most definately has some of the posts archived,

All I remember is Lake was one of the most obnoxious posters ever.

I thought Lake was a woman!

I remember Lake making references to Mrs. Lake and perhaps Mrs. Lake even posted.

Here is an archive of JW, which includes posts by "Lake".

http://forums.delphiforums.com/jwscr...ges/?msg=123.1

Sabrina- The link to Delphi isn't active. Thanks for the effort.

"Lake was Mark Ohlshaker, John Douglas’ writing partner and the author of the Ramsey segment in Crimes that Haunt Us. Lake’s “off the wall” theory gained credibility with me."

John Douglas, a former FBI profiler, was one of the 1st outside experts hired by the RST(After Gregg McCrary had turned them down). Douglas was treated like a member of the BPD investigative team; not a Ramsey hired gun. However, as time wore on, I began to hear very derogatory comments about Douglas from my LE friends. Quips like "sellout" and "gone over to the darkside" were common.

When I found out who Lake was, I realized that Douglas had been leaking confidential Ramsey case information to Ohlshaker, who was posting tidbits on JW.

Sellout is right.

Now he claims he never did anything of the kind. He sure has a bad memory for a lawman!

Hang on. I don't remember that Douglas was treated as a member of the BPD investigative team. I remember Douglas complaining that he went to the BPD and they wouldn't listen to his advice. He went to the BPD after he had been hired and paid by the Ramseys, when he had already concluded after a couple of hours with John Ramsey and whatever case info he'd been fed by the Ramsey law team that the Ramseys were innocent.

I remember Lake and he was an a$$hole, plain and simple. His theory involved having several kids come to the house that night and commit the murder, if I remember correctly. Whatever Douglas was feeding Lake, it wasn't helping him get to the truth anymore than it helped Douglas, who to this day still preaches that his employment for the Ramseys did nothing to cause him to abandon everything he'd ever written about "caring for the body" by the family in the murder of a loved one.

But I will say this: in the chapter of Douglas' book on this murder, there is one very curious section amidst all the BS: a case involving the murder of a mother is recounted in which her husband killed her and then put her body in a separate part of the property, maybe a garage basement, can't remember specifically. The father/husband did that so that their SON wouldn't be the one to find her when he got home from school. The husband staged it to make it look like an INTRUDER did it. But the husband was the killer. I remember thinking DUH! Hello?! Yeah! GET A CLUE, DOUGLAS.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Default koldcase

"Hang on. I don't remember that Douglas was treated as a member of the BPD investigative team. I remember Douglas complaining that he went to the BPD and they wouldn't listen to his advice. He went to the BPD after he had been hired and paid by the Ramseys, when he had already concluded after a couple of hours with John Ramsey and whatever case info he'd been fed by the Ramsey law team that the Ramseys were innocent."

There were several meetings in the early months of the case that were attended by Douglas and Ellis Armistead. I don't recall Douglas complaining that the BPD wouldn't listen to him but I do think Douglas experienced health problems that had caused him to lose the secret sauce and 1/2 of the sesame seed bun from his happy meal.