Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

This entire thread is incredible!!

IMO, the dolls were taken for the same reason Patsy asked a friend to retrieve the black 'jeans' she wore to the Whites on Dec. 25. To round up any material that could be used to compare and match to fibers on JonBenet's body.

I'm having a hard time finding the part in ST's book that says a friend of Patsy's told him this and the friend could only say 'she really loved those jeans' when ST asked why on earth, of all the pairs of pants she owned, would she want those specific ones? I recall Patsy boasting in DOI about how a Denver clothing store sent her stuff for the funeral, I believe Susan Stine helped her go through it; so what would she even need them for unless she was being considerate of the fact that they were the origin of fiber evidence that they could provide to the police??

I also want to mention that the doll ordered on January 1, 1997 in JonBenet's name could have been a replacement doll for the one that was dismantled to stage the murder.

Default Sorry, tempester,

That innocent excuse will not fly. Patsy's Christmas outfit was new, I surmise, as Patsy stated that Priss White had the same jacket, and neither of these ladies would be seen dead in last year's outfit. The only way your defense argument would work is if Patsy was running aaround Christmas week repairing old dolls, when JonBenet had several new ones awaiting her on Christmas day. This, too, is an unlikely scenario.

Default Little

You wrote:

"The warrant listed cord such as draw strings from pants and shoe laces. This is quite a difference from the rope that Lou Smit tries to pitch in his CTV commercial. Things that irritate the heck out of me: no one made a public statement that this was misleading at best, but in my opinion a deceitful tactic condoned by people who should be held to a higher standard. "

Today, CBS set a precedent for holding it semployees to a higher standard by firing four key employees involved in the Dan Rather-GW Bush National Guard slanderous report.

We should send some emails to CBS about looking into the standards at 48 Hours, and especially at employee Erin Moriarty, for fostering false and misleading information on the JonBenet murder case. Also the producers of the Ramsey segments on 48 Hours.

EasyWriter has tried, but has not gotten anywhere with CBS. In light of their new policy, perhaps we should all try again to get the Ramsey misinformation off of the CBS broadcasts.

Quote Originally Posted by LurkerXIV
    You wrote:

"The warrant listed cord such as draw strings from pants and shoe laces. This is quite a difference from the rope that Lou Smit tries to pitch in his CTV commercial. Things that irritate the heck out of me: no one made a public statement that this was misleading at best, but in my opinion a deceitful tactic condoned by people who should be held to a higher standard. "

Today, CBS set a precedent for holding it semployees to a higher standard by firing four key employees involved in the Dan Rather-GW Bush National Guard slanderous report.

We should send some emails to CBS about looking into the standards at 48 Hours, and especially at employee Erin Moriarty, for fostering false and misleading information on the JonBenet murder case. Also the producers of the Ramsey segments on 48 Hours.

EasyWriter has tried, but has not gotten anywhere with CBS. In light of their new policy, perhaps we should all try again to get the Ramsey misinformation off of the CBS broadcasts.
    If CBS doesn't act on this, then they are using a double standard.

For the rope, it never did make sense to me that the rope was "proof" of an intruder. If an intruder brought the rope in, why? What purpose would the rope have?
    And this particular "intruder" didn't even bring things that were needed for the "kidnapping" (paper, pen), so why bring a rope? Just in case it would come in handy?
    I think that points more to the rope being a red herring than a sign of an intruder.

I think this is more a CYA show cause they were busted than any real changes at the network. But good luck with trying anyway.

A Google search of JonBenet duct tape on 1-10-05 brings up:
    Results 1 - 10 of about 555 for JonBenet duct tape
    Results 11 - 20 of about 2,730 for JonBenet duct tape
    Etc.

The duct tape is important to this case, it’s a piece of the puzzle we all keep trying to put together.
    48 Hours Searching: The Detective
    But what about fibers from Patsy Ramsey’s jacket that police say were in the paint tray and on the sticky side of duct tape covering JonBenet’s mouth?

It’s incriminating, Smit says, but not the whole story: “You just can’t rely on fiber evidence because fibers could come off the jacket or something similar to the jacket, another item of clothing. Don’t have to be that particular jacket. Fibers are fibers.”
    Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/...in523884.shtml
    The black duct tape used on JonBenet's mouth has also not been sourced to defendants. (SMF 170; PSMF 170.) Both ends
    Page 15
    of the duct tape found on her were torn, indicating that it came from a roll of tape that had been used before. (SMF 171; PSMF 171.) No similar duct tape was found in the house, nor is there evidence that defendants ever used or owned such duct tape. (SMF 172; PSMF 172.) Plaintiff also notes that the strip of duct tape found on JonBenet's mouth had a bloody mucous on it and a "perfect set of child's lip prints, which did not indicate a tongue impression or resistance." (PSDMF 53.) Animal hair, alleged to be from a beaver, was found on the duct tape. (SMF 183; PSMF 183.) Nothing in defendants' home matches the hair. (SMF 183; PSMF 183. ) Dark animal hairs were found on JonBenet's hands that also have not been matched to anything in defendants' home. (SMF 184; PSMF 184.)
    Source: http://www.acandyrose.com/03312003carnes11-20.htm
    - Duct tape, taken from JonBenét's mouth by her father when he found the body. The tape was analyzed by FBI and detectives purchased identical tape from McGuckin Hardware in Boulder. An Atlanta-area hardware store clerk told investigators that she had helped Patsy Ramsey find duct tape in the store sometime in December 1996, according to a book on the case, "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town.'' But a search of the store's receipts turned up no record of a duct-tape purchase by Patsy Ramsey, the book's author, Lawrence Schiller wrote.
    Source: http://extras.denverpost.com/news/ram1014k.htm
    Prosecutors also may produce a piece of duct tape used to cover the mouth of the child, who was found beaten and strangled in a basement room of her parent's home the afternoon of Dec. 26, 1996. A fiber was found on the sticky side of the duct tape, which John Ramsey ripped from his daughter's mouth after he found her.
    Source: http://www.denver-rmn.com/extra/ramsey/0917rams1.html
    Colorado Bureau of Investigation agents concluded four fibers on the duct tape allegedly taken from JonBenet's mouth were consistent with a jacket her mother wore Christmas night, according to published reports.
    Source: http://www.cnn.com/US/9910/14/jonbenet.03/
    Still, people wonder why the cute kindergartner who looks so beautiful on the stage was someone's target. Authorities said JonBenet's killer tied a cord around her neck and sealed her mouth with duct tape.
    Source: http://www.longmontfyi.com/ramsey/st...il97.asp?ID=28
    OTHER PARTICULATE ANALYSIS
    Evidence: Broken paintbrush used on garrote, duct tape
    Science: Forensic researchers will pore over the broken paintbrush apparently used to tighten a garrote around JonBenet's neck and the duct tape apparently stuck over her mouth, looking for fingerprints, fibers, or cellular material left behind by the person who used them.

"You would try to determine the source it would have come from, if there is anything unique about the piece of wood left behind," Mang said. "We're going to look for hairs and fibers, fingerprints or anything else left on the surface. Everything we get is pretty much scrutinized with a microscope, and from time to time we find foreign material that may not have been there originally."

A fractured wooden paintbrush for example, he said, may have caught various cellular or fibrous material in its splintered surface. Duct tape is notoriously good at holding on to fingerprints, and the tear pattern of a piece of tape can be compared to the tear pattern on a potential source of the tape, Mang said.

Significance: Examination of the tape and paintbrush could help investigators determine if a particular suspect handled the materials used to bind JonBenet or was present when the child was murdered.
    Source: http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ram...7/12/27-2.html
    Little

The "Beehive State" It's true. Look it up

FFJ'ers this is a great piece of evidence. It really is. Just the duct tape alone along with the new doll being delivered to Access Graphics is big enough for the authorities to look into.

Now what?

Jahazafat already told us her father helped her contact the proper authorities in Boulder and nothing was done.

However Tom Bennett is now in charge. Do we pass this along to him? Would it do any good?

It really sucks knowing something like this and having zero faith that anything will be done with it.
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.
    Alan Prendergast,reporter for Westword

Default Tom Bennett

Just speaking for myself--I don't trust him. He was appointed by Keenan. Boulder DA's office is part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Maybe you could send it to the Governor's staffer, who received you all so graciously when you visited the Capitol.

Quote Originally Posted by LurkerXIV
    Just speaking for myself--I don't trust him. He was appointed by Keenan. Boulder DA's office is part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Maybe you could send it to the Governor's staffer, who received you all so graciously when you visited the Capitol.
    LurkerXIV, that was my thought. The Gov. said he would consider appointing a special prosecutor if new evidence came to light. I think this is new, even though it was reported long ago, nothing was done about it. Perhaps this is what we take to the Gov. this April. Hmmm
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT

I am unaware of anyone who's profited from exploiting the Ramsey murder over a longer period of time, with a greater disregard for the principles of accuracy and fairness, than the production team of Mills and Tracey.They truly do inhabit a different moral universe from real journalists. It's the difference between journalism and propaganda.

BobC is offline Poster of the EON - Fabulous Inimitable Transcript and Book Reviewer

I don't know who ordered the American Doll, but I just put in an application to adopt this pug which was found in the next town over almoststarved to death
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by sue
    There is nothing you wrote that I disagree with. That's why I put "fair" in quotes. The Ramsey family has basically called anything that is not seen their way "unfair persecution" of them. They can do it to other people (DOI is full of things that they would be labeling "unfair persecution" if it was said about them, but they seem to think they can say whatever they want).
    Sue, every time I think of Pam Paugh in a Boulder Police jacket I get as angry as Steve Thomas did when he was writing his book. The female officer, Angie Chromiak told Steve later when she showed up at Tin Cup Circle for a security shift, she was ordered by police headquarters to ferry Pam Paugh over to Fifteenth street to collect some clothing for Patsy and John for the funeral.

I think the worst part of this scene is Pam Paugh donning a police jacket complete with badge and patches, as a disguise to hide from the media. Steve Thomas "JonBenét" PB page 56 and 57.

Chromiak asked Detective Everett if he was checking all that was going out. His reply. "You don't worry about it."
    Steve listened with total disbelief.

I think from the time of the 911 call on, it was not handled correctly. Does anyone know if the 911 operator tried to call them back after Patsy hung up? (I need to go back and re-read PMPT)
    Good question. I believe it is normal procedure for 911 operators to call back for confirmation. I vaguely remember something, but hopefully your question will be answered by someone.
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    I don't know who ordered the American Doll, but I just put in an application to adopt this pug which was found in the next town over almoststarved to death
    OMG He is so CUTE. He looks like me so will you name him Trasha? Thank you.

Now, about the American Doll. Brainstorming here. I'll be PM'ing some of you for help. Don't want to make it public right now but I do have a plan. Scary when I turn on my brain I know :chicken:
    tgrif@xmission.com
    FFJ C/O Tricia Griffith
    6300 N Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H #214
    Park City UT