Default Patsy and the Pineapple

From Patsy's interview with Tom Haney:
    23 Did you fingerprint that?
    24 TOM HANEY: Yes.
    25 PATSY RAMSEY: Did it show anything?
    1 TOM HANEY: Well, what would that tell you,
    2 somebody's fingerprints were on it.
    3 PATSY RAMSEY: Well, if they weren't mine, if
    4 they were not John's, maybe somebody fed her pineapple.
    5 TOM HANEY: What if those fingerprints
    6 belonged to one of the two of you?
    7 PATSY RAMSEY: Well, I don't know.
    8 TOM HANEY: Well, wait a minute. You started
    9 that line.
    10 PATSY RAMSEY: I didn't put the bowl there,
    11 okay. I did not put the bowl there. I would not do
    12 this, set it.
    Before Haney can tell her whose fingerprints were in fact found on the bowl, Patsy vehemently denies having anything to do with that bowl and the pineapple in it. Imo this is clearly a psychological act of dissociation. Patsy dissociates herself so much from this evidence that I'm beginning to suspect that maybe the pineapple itself was in some way connected to JonBenet's death. Pineapple digests very fast, and some of it hadn't even left her stomach yet. Maybe Patsy struck the head blow at JonBenet a short time after she ate the fruit - even shorter than the assumed one to two hours?

jmo

The pineapple puts the lie to John and Patsy's story that JonBenet fell asleep in the car and never woke up. That story worked for them because it was simple, no chance of screwing up their stories. She was asleep, they carried her upstairs, put her to bed, played with Burke and put him to bed shortly, went to bed, woke up and found the note. An intruder the dirty work while they slept. Bam. Nothing to trip up in telling their stories.

Ooops. Didn't realize the pineapple would show up in the autopsy and blow that story, did they? Or maybe they didn't realize she ate it. Either way, there was only ONE THING left to do once this BUGABOO showed up: DENY DENY DENY.

Classic case of cover-up, IMO.

"University of Colorado Law Professor Paul Campos declared the letter a 'reckless exoneration.' He went on to state, 'Everyone knows that relative immunity from criminal conviction is something money can buy.
    Apparently another thing it can buy is an apology for even being suspected of a crime you probably already would have been convicted of committing if you happened to be poor.'"
    FF: WRKJB?

~~~~~~~
    Bloomies underwear model:
    3 Dimensional

~~~~~~
    My opinions, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by koldkase
    The pineapple puts the lie to John and Patsy's story that JonBenet fell asleep in the car and never woke up. That story worked for them because it was simple, no chance of screwing up their stories. She was asleep, they carried her upstairs, put her to bed, played with Burke and put him to bed shortly, went to bed, woke up and found the note. An intruder the dirty work while they slept. Bam. Nothing to trip up in telling their stories.

Ooops. Didn't realize the pineapple would show up in the autopsy and blow that story, did they? Or maybe they didn't realize she ate it. Either way, there was only ONE THING left to do once this BUGABOO showed up: DENY DENY DENY.

Classic case of cover-up, IMO.
    It's a mark of bad fiction (DOI) to re-use the same plot elements. Just as JonBenet was asleep before they got home ( & thus safe from any parental abuse), Patsy was immediately afterward in bed asleep (& not available to administer any). There are other examples like the two times Patsy turns on the tv in 1998, it happens to be a show discussing her, etc.

JonBenet falling asleep in the car is probably the most plausible Ramsey lie. She was six, had been up since 6am, reveling in Christmas excitement...they didn't feed her lunch...

But Patsy hittng the sheets before John, I'm thinking not. He had nothing to do, she had loads. Even before the murder.

"Asleep" too convenient an excuse. & then they use it again for Burke the next morning.

...now back to my search for Hogwart's Lego Set.

Quote Originally Posted by rashomon
    From Patsy's interview with Tom Haney:
    Before Haney can tell her whose fingerprints were in fact found on the bowl, Patsy vehemently denies having anything to do with that bowl and the pineapple in it. Imo this is clearly a psychological act of dissociation. Patsy dissociates herself so much from this evidence that I'm beginning to suspect that maybe the pineapple itself was in some way connected to JonBenet's death. Pineapple digests very fast, and some of it hadn't even left her stomach yet. Maybe Patsy struck the head blow at JonBenet a short time after she ate the fruit - even shorter than the assumed one to two hours?

jmo
    I couldn't agree with you more, rashomon. Patsy Ramsey disassociates herself from practically living in her own house. She had nothing to do with anything relating to JonBenét being accidentally killed in her own home. Absolutely nothing, and she got away with it. She might have given Vivien Leigh a run for her money for the part of Scarlett O'Hara in "Gone With The Wind."
    elle: The RST can't handle the truth!
    Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Skigwy
    It's a mark of bad fiction (DOI) to re-use the same plot elements. Just as JonBenet was asleep before they got home ( & thus safe from any parental abuse), Patsy was immediately afterward in bed asleep (& not available to administer any). There are other examples like the two times Patsy turns on the tv in 1998, it happens to be a show discussing her, etc.

JonBenet falling asleep in the car is probably the most plausible Ramsey lie. She was six, had been up since 6am, reveling in Christmas excitement...they didn't feed her lunch...

But Patsy hittng the sheets before John, I'm thinking not. He had nothing to do, she had loads. Even before the murder.

"Asleep" too convenient an excuse. & then they use it again for Burke the next morning.
    Imo JonBenet falling asleep in the car could be an element bit of truth the Ramseys weaved into their fabricated story. Perhaps JonBenet fell asleep in the car for a short time, but when the family arrived home, woke up again, the short sleep having 'recharged her batteries' enough to refuse to go to bed afterward for a long time. Maybe the rage attack did not occur over a (bed)wetting accident, but over JonBenet's refusal to go to bed?

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Skigwy

...now back to my search for Hogwart's Lego Set.
    There's a segment in John's 1998 interview where he says something like "And Patsy went to sleep. We call her the Sleep Queen because when she goes to sleep, she really goes to sleep." Methinks he doth protest too much.

-Tea

Quote Originally Posted by icedtea4me
    There's a segment in John's 1998 interview where he says something like "And Patsy went to sleep. We call her the Sleep Queen because when she goes to sleep, she really goes to sleep." Methinks he doth protest too much.

-Tea
    OMG really Tea? Yep...he for sure protests to much. He adds just a little bit too much info....in other words..."Patsy sleeps hard...so she didn't hear a thing the night of JonBenét's murder".

Quote Originally Posted by rashomon
    Imo JonBenet falling asleep in the car could be an element bit of truth the Ramseys weaved into their fabricated story. Perhaps JonBenet fell asleep in the car for a short time, but when the family arrived home, woke up again, the short sleep having 'recharged her batteries' enough to refuse to go to bed afterward for a long time. Maybe the rage attack did not occur over a (bed)wetting accident, but over JonBenet's refusal to go to bed?

jmo
    Hi Rash,

In looking at the photos of JB's bed, there is a pillow at the end of the bed as if she were watching TV. I understand she did this quite often. It is possible and likely that she fell asleep at the end of the bed (after such a long day - they did a lot that day and the preceding days). I would bet she fell asleep and went out and possibly wet herself and the bed extensively and Patsy came in and found her and it enraged her because Patsy herself had been up for 18 hours. 18 hours for a six year is an enormously long day. I am going to say she fell asleep and it was hard to wake her up and it would account for her falling and hitting her head as she did because if she were arguing about getting up and half asleep, she is not in control and would have a tendancy to lose control of her legs and she is also less than 40 pounds.

I do go on. I just think that it is more likely she fell asleep. I really think Thomas knows just a little bit more but then why not put it in his book - say if the red turtleneck were urine stained - he never says anything about that. But he does say Patsy said she had that on. Maybe Patsy put it on her before going to bed and that is what Patsy remembered and then changed her when she wet the bed. The leggings were urine stained weren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by sboyd
    Hi Rash,

In looking at the photos of JB's bed, there is a pillow at the end of the bed as if she were watching TV. I understand she did this quite often. It is possible and likely that she fell asleep at the end of the bed (after such a long day - they did a lot that day and the preceding days). I would bet she fell asleep and went out and possibly wet herself and the bed extensively and Patsy came in and found her and it enraged her because Patsy herself had been up for 18 hours. 18 hours for a six year is an enormously long day. I am going to say she fell asleep and it was hard to wake her up and it would account for her falling and hitting her head as she did because if she were arguing about getting up and half asleep, she is not in control and would have a tendancy to lose control of her legs and she is also less than 40 pounds.

I do go on. I just think that it is more likely she fell asleep. I really think Thomas knows just a little bit more but then why not put it in his book - say if the red turtleneck were urine stained - he never says anything about that. But he does say Patsy said she had that on. Maybe Patsy put it on her before going to bed and that is what Patsy remembered and then changed her when she wet the bed. The leggings were urine stained weren't they?
    JonBenet's TV set was inside her closet - you can see it on page 4 in the photo section of this site:

http://www.realsundancekid.com/

Solace, I think your scenario (JonBenet watching TV instead of going to bed) is possible, only I believe that if the red turtleneck had been urine-soaked, Patsy would have hidden it or tried to get rid of it in some way.
    Per SteveThomas, she originally told the investigators JB wore the red turtleneck to bed, but she also told them she and JonBenet had had a tiff in the afternoon before going to the Whites' because JonBenet refused to wear the same outfit as Patsy, which I think also included the red turtleneck.

Her leggings were urine-stained, but this could have come from post-mortem release.

Does anyone know if Patsy was ever confronted in the official interviews with the different stories she told LE? Has she ever been asked why she changed her story? For JonBenet did not wear the red turtleneck to the Whites' party (Steve Thomas, who saw the party pictures, said this a chat room), and Patsy's later version was she put her sleeping child to bed in the white shirt she had been wearing to the party - the same shirt in which the dead body was later found.
    So Patsy would have had some explaining to do re her first statement about JonBenet wearing the red turtleneck to bed.

jmo
    Last edited by rashomon; December 20, 2007, 8:29 am at Thu Dec 20 8:29:21 UTC 2007.

Rashomon, no one ever pinned Patsy down on the discrepancy in her statements. She never returned to the red turtleneck and since all the interviews were sympathetic, no one asked her any further questions.

I think that could have been the statement that unraveled the entire evening. If they'd only snapped to that, and asked Patsy again and again, WHY she said JBR went to bed wearing that turtleneck, and then changed her story, she might have cracked and confessed.
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!

Is it at all possible that Patsy was subtlely referring to herself in the third person when she said "She wore a red turtleneck to bed"?

-Tea

Quote Originally Posted by icedtea4me
    Is it at all possible that Patsy was subtlely referring to herself in the third person when she said "She wore a red turtleneck to bed"?

-Tea
    Well, except that Patsy doesn't seem to have gone to bed at all that night...Good thought, though!
    "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." - C.S. Lewis

MY OPINIONS - DO NOT COPY THEM ANYWHERE ELSE ON THE INTERNET!